5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

400 members

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
mikemcfarland said:
not sure where to post this- hey Jared. just wondering if you could increase the "latest posts" from 5 to 10 or even 20?
once they leave it is a pain in the **** to see what i missed. "hot threads" is good - but if your checking the forum daily (like me and a few others-im sure) we want the most CURRENT conversations. i know we can source it by going back to each thread but i think it would help the "everyday guys"
Let me look into this. I'm probably going to start looking for a different dev to switch this forum over to the new program, its been a bit too long of a wait.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
not a big issue. what u have going is GREAT! just looking outside the box. once again good work.
1f60e.png

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Let me look into this. I'm probably going to start looking for a different dev to switch this forum over to the new program, its been a bit too long of a wait.
ask and you shall receive- once again good job. we will see what every-one else thinks.
1f44d.png
1f44d.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, I've come to like this forum software. It's different from all the others. Different is good.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we blew past 300 members and the posts have gone from order tracking and frustration to alot of people getting their trucks and some good news about ownership.

I hope we keep growing and keep getting 5th Gen Rams showing up so we can really start enjoying Ram ownership.

Lots of exciting news in the past week and hope plenty of people keep coming back to stay on the front lines of all the 5th Gen news and rumors that keep this exciting.

I can't locate a member list anymore like we had on the old site so, hopefully by the time we hit 400 I can figure it out.

Thanks to everyone for making this a good community and keep up the work and try our best to have an open mind and read and check posts before posting to do our best to keep a great community.

Thanks.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jared B maybe it is just my phone, and I haven't checked on a computer, but the info about posts and number of members isn't showing when you scroll down to bottom.

It still shows at the bottom on MoparInsiders forum under forum statistics if you don't understand what I mean.

And since we got this style you can't view a full member list.

No big deal, just curious if it can be added.

Thanks. Site is still wonderful with everything else.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have hit 400 members. The conversations seem to be turning away from order tracking and onto information about the actual truck...congrats to the guys who got their truck, and patience for the guys still waiting.

Hope people will stay around after they track their truck and keep us updated with the awesome reviews some have given and updates about how good (or bad) their experience has been.

sgk

Reaction score
Definitely growing fast now, I feel like this site will be a great resource for 5th gen owners going forward.
Sure will be, in fact, it's a great resource already and most don't even have their truck yet. We already learned much about aftermarket parts, kits, wheel/rims etc. and it's just a start. I personally can't wait to see the modified ram's going forward and learning about the pros and cons as we start to use them in the real world.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I post a little on the other two bigger RAM forums but this is by far favorite. Not even close. The info and conversations around the 5th Gen trucks is leaps and bounds ahead of the others which is the reason why I’m here.

Keep up the good work. Also getting to post and check stuff out on here helped with my “daily fix” until my factory order arrived hahah....

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I post a little on the other two bigger RAM forums but this is by far favorite. Not even close. The info and conversations around the 5th Gen trucks is leaps and bounds ahead of the others which is the reason why I’m here.

Keep up the good work. Also getting to post and check stuff out on here helped with my “daily fix” until my factory order arrived hahah....
pass the word on to the other forums to come here

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I miss these days in the growth of the forum.

Started out with everyone wanting to learn and everyone politely sharing what they had learned.

Of course, we had the guys who only wanted to say how upset they were about the cross hair grille going away, and most only wanted to know how to track their truck, which we used to be able to directly do.

Miss the days when you got good information...not these endless opinions shoved at you as fact.

But, I really miss the days of being a Dodge Truck fan, when you could not find anyone to talk to about them cause everyone drove Ford's...hahaha.

The internet is a fun place.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Started out with everyone wanting to learn and everyone politely sharing what they had learned.

Of course, we had the guys who only wanted to say how upset they were about the cross hair grille going away, and most only wanted to know how to track their truck, which we used to be able to directly do.

Miss the days when you got good information...not these endless opinions shoved at you as fact.

But, I really miss the days of being a Dodge Truck fan, when you could not find anyone to talk to about them cause everyone drove Ford's...hahaha.

Speaking of growth, how many members do we have now?

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I've got lost in a few silly conversations and as a newbie I've learned not to indulge anymore.
That said I've learned a lot here about my new Ram that I probably would have never learned if I never landed here. I find most everyone tries to help.
And I am a true Dodge/Ram lover! 😉

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds to me like some have outgrown the forum, or maybe just want the glory days back. When I read old threads, I don’t see any difference in people posting opinions that they think are facts. In general, the threads stayed more on topic but swaying to and fro from the main topic also happens in normal conversation and every forum I’m on.

Edit: personally, I’ve experienced some of the wanting glory days stuff on other forums, and it usually had to do with wishing I could interact with other members that moved on. I’ve already experienced that a tiny bit with one member here and still wish he was active.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like some have outgrown the forum, or maybe just want the glory days back. When I read old threads, I don’t see any difference in people posting opinions that they think are facts. In general, the threads stayed more on topic but swaying to and fro from the main topic also happens in normal conversation and every forum I’m on.
I miss the 90s and even the early 2000s when the internet was the wild west, no laws\rules unrefined and a mess.
Now everyone is on the internet and everyone has options just like everyone has an a$$hole.
I try and clearly state options vs facts but sometimes in long drawn out threads it becomes hard to do, and not everyone cares about facts and considers anecdotal evidence as fact

Funny that people want it back like the "old days" which is only 2018, so I guess pre-covid? Not much on the internet changed since then except more flaky people having more free time to post.

Users who are viewing this thread