5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

400 members

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I miss the 90s and even the early 2000s when the internet was the wild west, no laws\rules unrefined and a mess.
Now everyone is on the internet and everyone has options just like everyone has an a$$hole.
I try and clearly state options vs facts but sometimes in long drawn out threads it becomes hard to do, and not everyone cares about facts and considers anecdotal evidence as fact

Funny that people want it back like the "old days" which is only 2018, so I guess pre-covid? Not much on the internet changed since then except more flaky people having more free time to post.
Since covid, there is much more censoring and canceling on the internet. "Fact checkers" can erase you on the platform for having the wrong opinion about something, even if it turns out to be true later on.

I miss the 90's too.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My post was sarcasm.

If you know, you know.

I should have known exactly how this would turn out.

Good times.😂
It’s hard to gather that from text and since you mentioned the same thing in another thread a little while ago. I do whole-heartedly appreciate you and all others who bootstrapped this forum. It’s also cool to see that we’re almost at 700k posts.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s hard to gather that from text and since you mentioned the same thing in another thread a little while ago. I do whole-heartedly appreciate you and all others who bootstrapped this forum. It’s also cool to see that we’re almost at 700k posts.
I fully understand. It is always interesting, to post something with no context, and follow how and who replies.

Boss is out of town today, and it is Union meeting afternoon, so lots of down time.

I was going back through some old posts.

I was just reminiscing how I used to be able to read and answer most every post.

Now, I can barely keep up with things that interest me, let alone the feelings of people I do not know...so glad there are more people to deal with that. My, you need to grow a pair approach, doesn't work so well these days...haha.

Boredom is the enemy today.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Since covid, there is much more censoring and canceling on the internet. "Fact checkers" can erase you on the platform for having the wrong opinion about something, even if it turns out to be true later on.

I miss the 90's too.
90’s you say……..

I miss the 70’s and 80’s when there was no internet.😆

Back then if you mouthed off you got your teeth knocked out. These days the keyboard bullies hide behind a monitor in they’re mama’s basement and act like experts about everything. Then get all belligerent if you have an opinion that doesn’t mesh with theirs. Not quite so much here but the internet in general.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
90’s you say……..

I miss the 70’s and 80’s when there was no internet.😆

Back then if you mouthed off you got your teeth knocked out. These days the keyboard bullies hide behind a monitor in their mama’s basement and act like experts about everything. Then get all belligerent if you have an opinion that doesn’t mesh with theirs. Not quite so much here but the internet in general.

How ironic that “social media” has destroyed the human race’s ability to be even half way decent humans in society. I truly believe the smart phone and the internet has completely restructured the human race for the worse.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Back then if you mouthed off you got your teeth knocked out. These days the keyboard bullies hide behind a monitor in they’re mama’s basement and act like experts about everything. Then get all belligerent if you have an opinion that doesn’t mesh with theirs. Not quite so much here but the internet in general.
I feel like you are describing 99% of people on the website reddit. That place is too cancer for even me.
The internet was fine before social media existed.

I used to have meetup with people I played video games online with for years once a year in a nearby state and one of them I did punch out for saying some stupid crap. He wasn't such a tough guy in person but had no problem talking smack through a microphone.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How ironic that “social media” has destroyed the human race’s ability to be even half way decent humans in society. I truly believe the smart phone and the internet has completely restructured the human race for the worse.
Social media is the problem. Internet itself is fine.

You don't blame the gun for a person that commits murder do you?

World would be a better place if Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Twater, and all the other social media places shut down. But they all make too much money from the herd who keep scrolling through all their adds.

Dewey

Reaction score
I feel like you are describing 99% of people on the website reddit. That place is too cancer for even me.
The internet was fine before social media existed.

I used to have meetup with people I played video games online with for years once a year in a nearby state and one of them I did punch out for saying some stupid crap. He wasn't such a tough guy in person but had no problem talking smack through a microphone.
I agree. Social media is the problem. Internet was fine before that. Only thing I hated was dial up service. Wish I had back all the time in my life I spent waiting for web pages to load one line at a time.😆

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reading all these “back in the day” posts are killing me. Not to mention I turned 30 this year and can agree with some one who seen the 70’s and 80’s lmao I’m definitely a old soul but I’m feeling really old at 1am haha

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Yes, the internet was better back in the day when not every post had to have a reference to you political beliefs.

Sorry, I come to a truck forum to talk about trucks, not politics, not conspiracy theories, not religion, not beer, not funny meme's.

Now get off my damn lawn.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
We didn’t have all these problems when it was just MySpace for social media. 🤷🏻‍♂️

silver billet

Reaction score
The more I see it the more I like that Delmonico red. Probably best looking color for this body style. Just my opinion of course.

I don't mind the red, the blues look awesome too.

Billet Silver is simply unbeatable though, for one reason. It always looks clean!!

Users who are viewing this thread