5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 wheel auto vibration

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer. Replacement transfer case has arrived and I have an appointment booked for Thursday morning to get a new transfer case put in.

Wish me luck.
@RSZ Who’s your dealership there? I wouldn’t mind contacting the service manager to get some info to give to my dealership.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was afraid they would do the same with me, so I took a printout of every TSB that applied to my truck, including, and most importantly, the 4wd! Chrysler is aware of the problem and replacing front axles, so if for some reason they claim they can’t fix it, give them the tsb!

Good luck! I’ll update once my axle comes in, let’s hope it’s actually and fixes the issue.
@Nj921 do you have a copy of the TSB related to our problem?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Yeah - something seems out of balance in the front end of my truck which is causing the vibration. I ruled out the exaust. Thinking front axle or transfer case...

is the 4WD TSB - 03-002-20?

Seems closely related “growling” sound from the front axle. We interpret as a vibration?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up the truck. Initial impressions indicate the new transfer case has solved the issue.
@RSZ Hows the T-Case replacement holding out? Vibration still gone?
Update please.
I opened a star case with FCA yesterday. My truck goes in Thursday for more investigation.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RSZ Hows the T-Case replacement holding out? Vibration still gone?
Update please.
I opened a star case with FCA yesterday. My truck goes in Thursday for more investigation.
Hello @Dogpatch, please send our team a private message with your VIN. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to look into this further and investigate the progress of your case. Thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Jrm7

Reaction score
I have been using 4auto often now due to snow conditions. It sure vibrates a LOT...

RSZ

Reaction score
I have been using 4auto often now due to snow conditions. It sure vibrates a LOT...

Mine did the same thing. Had the transfer case replaced last Thursday and so far so good.

You may want to take it into your dealer and have it looked at.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to @RSZ and his case, I went back to my dealership and they agreed to replace my T Case. It’s ordered but no delivery date yet.
There is no confirmed fix yet so no warranty coverage as far as I know, but I think that the dealerships we both deal with have taken it upon themselves to go out on a limb to ensure we are happy customers.
If any others are experiencing this issue, it may help to point out to your dealership service that a few of us have had their T Cases replaced. I copied some posts and sent them to my dealer service dept.
It made a difference for me at least.
At this point, I think it will likely be at the discretion of the individual dealership as to what they’re prepared to do.

RSZ

Reaction score
It was snowing earlier this evening and went out for a drive. Roads are snow covered. Was able to floor it a few times from a stand still and still no vibrations.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, they replaced my transfer case today and so far, have not noticed 1 iota of vibration in 4Auto. I’ve got a few more ways I want to test it yet but I’m gonna say 100% improvement so far while putting my foot into it where it had vibration before between 35 and 40 mph.
Thanks @RSZ for your info and assistance.
If any others are having this issue, I’d suggest to your dealers that 2 of us here have had the T-case replaced and it solved the issue so far.

Last edited:

Jrm7

Reaction score
Had my truck in. Got tsb 08-083-20 done. It fixed everything. It’s just a pcm update.

Users who are viewing this thread