5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Serpens

Reaction score
Well i guess im joining the check engine light group also.

So disappointed in this truck.

I'm going to very curious to see if this is a misfire code that's popping up. The early Hurricane equipped Wagoneer owners had this problem in droves and it required a software update to resolve.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to very curious to see if this is a misfire code that's popping up. The early Hurricane equipped Wagoneer owners had this problem in droves and it required a software update to resolve.
Will be interesting to see also what octane of fuel is used. I have been running nothing but 93 and so far have not had an issue in 2,800 miles.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been running a mix of 87 & 89 octane so far. Going to keep this going and see if it gives me any codes. I'm at 1000 miles so far.

bsanford

Reaction score
2025 Limited Longhorn - has anyone had any issues with the passenger screen? My iPhone 15 Pro Max with USB C connects with the HDMI cord with no issues. My wife's iPhone 13 Pro Max with the lightening connector (bought a different HDMI cord with lightening) does not connect at all. I cannot find any phone requirements for the passenger screen.

Billy2019

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see also what octane of fuel is used. I have been running nothing but 93 and so far have not had an issue in 2,800 miles.
I’ve been using premium. Dealer said Dt4…(I forgot the rest sorry) could be one of three things but they aren’t really sure. Code cleared itself off. Still battling this jerky trans. They gave me a loaner ram. It’s even worse.

I honestly am regretting this purchase. Super disappointed at this point.

It’s at the dealership. Pulls to the right, coolant leak on a return line, rear passenger door had metal on metal rattle, trans shifts like trash and I have a cold start surging issue.

Last edited:

dammitbobby

Reaction score
2025 Limited Longhorn - has anyone had any issues with the passenger screen? My iPhone 15 Pro Max with USB C connects with the HDMI cord with no issues. My wife's iPhone 13 Pro Max with the lightening connector (bought a different HDMI cord with lightening) does not connect at all. I cannot find any phone requirements for the passenger screen.
Since this is relatively new tech for ram maybe go look on a jeep forum since they’ve had the screens for a few years now

pensfan

Reaction score
I’ve been using premium. Dealer said Dt4…(I forgot the rest sorry) could be one of three things but they aren’t really sure. Code cleared itself off. Still battling this jerky trans. They gave me a loaner ram. It’s even worse.

I honestly am regretting this purchase. Super disappointed at this point.

It’s at the dealership. Pulls to the right, coolant leak on a return line, rear passenger door had metal on metal rattle, trans shifts like trash and I have a cold start surging issue.
I have a feeling you are on your way to a Lemon Law buy back with the shifting and electrical issues.
Something changed with the switch to the new engine. My '16 tranny with the Hemi is smooth shifting, even with 74K on it.

azzx

Reaction score
There is no check engine light @ 2K yet, but the shifting is harsh. When I took it to the dealer, they said no TSBs yet and it "works as designed"!
I rarely noticed up/down shifts on my 2019.
BTW, I have used 87 (2 tanks), 89 (3 tanks), and 91 ( 1 tank) Octains so far.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah my transmission is shifting a bit hard compared to my 2021 that I had. Hope a TSB comes out for it.

On another note, what is this suppose to do? My headlights don’t illuminate when I walk up to my truck or when I unlock and walk up to it.

Attachments

• IMG_5082.jpeg
    IMG_5082.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 23

a3vr

Reaction score
Yes, from what I'm finding the tow hooks should work. Looking at a couple trucks that had the tow hooks their does not appear to be a separate bezel for the 2025, the cut outs are in the plastic part of the lower grill now with the bezels already kind of built in with the covers behind them. All you should have to do is push the tabs on the back side of the covers to remove. I see mopar sites selling kits for the 2025's with the old bezels, they clearly will not fit and are not needed.

View attachment 184871
Yup, these just pop out, no new bezel is required. I just installed the RC tow hooks over lunch, everything fits up perfect. Ironically these covers are called "tow hook delete" on the parts diagram.

Users who are viewing this thread