5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the fixed steps too mainly for the protection they provide. I really like the factory flat ones they tuck up pretty close to the body just under the doors rockers so they block all the rocks and crap from hitting the bottom sides of the truck and keep the rocks from chewing up the front of the rear fender flares. I also don't like having to wait for electric ones to pop out.
In my 3 years of ownership, I've never waited for my power side steps to pop out. There are instances that the retraction was delayed somehow. I would hear it retract while I'm already driving down the road.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This came up on my feed this morning :ROFLMAO:

TFLT posted this comparison recently.

GM's Super Cruise > Ford's Blue Cruise > Ram's system.

How does the system see your eyes if you're wearing sunglasses?
I believe the camera looks at your full face, not just eyes. I wore sunglasses about 80% of the time I used GM's Super Cruise. It could tell when I looked away too long, irregardless of sunglasses.

cpetku

Reaction score
This came up on my feed this morning :ROFLMAO:

Interesting. Why does it need a cellular connection? Does ACC function without a cell plan? What is the long term cost to keep the features purchased with the vehicle active?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TFLT posted this comparison recently.

GM's Super Cruise > Ford's Blue Cruise > Ram's system.

I believe the camera looks at your full face, not just eyes. I wore sunglasses about 80% of the time I used GM's Super Cruise. It could tell when I looked away too long, irregardless of sunglasses.
They really didn't do a long enough test to compare the hands free systems. I also liked how he said he felt the Ram was hugging the center line, but when they showed the video of the truck from the camera truck, it was pretty well centered in the lane.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Why does it need a cellular connection? Does ACC function without a cell plan? What is the long term cost to keep the features purchased with the vehicle active?
That's probably where the "mapped road" data comes from.

cpetku

Reaction score
That's probably where the "mapped road" data comes from.
Looks like it's called out at 2:28 in the video. Hands free mode requires a subscription after the initial 3 year trial. So I assume hands on assist does not require a subscription.

Danatanchor

Reaction score
There is a 800 number to call for tows to dealer while under warranty so you aren't paying out of pocket.
Thanks for that. I arranged the first tow through a local company before I knew this. I contacted Chrysler customer care and they are sending a check for the tow cost. I used the Chrysler roadside assistance for the second tow. They charged my card, but I assume it will be credited back once the warranty issue is confirmed. Got a loaner from the dealership, so they can keep the truck until they can determine the issue.

azzx

Reaction score
Update on trailer brake controller:

azzx

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A new nuance since my trailer brake install.
Since my truck does not have GPS, post disconnecting the battery, Date/Time has to be reset manually through the center screen.
Everytime since yesterday I re-start the truck, time/date has to be re-set. the setting holds while the engine is on.
A few minutes after shutting down, when I re-start the engine, time/date is back to the default and I have to re-set it.

Any ideas about this issue?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A new nuance since my trailer brake install.
Since my truck does not have GPS, post disconnecting the battery, Date/Time has to be reset manually through the center screen.
Everytime since yesterday I re-start the truck, time/date has to be re-set. the setting holds while the engine is on.
A few minutes after shutting down, when I re-start the engine, time/date is back to the default and I have to re-set it.

Any ideas about this issue?
First thing I would do is reboot the radio by pressing and holding the power button on the left radio knob for 15 seconds. If that doesn’t do it, factory reset the radio.

azzx

Reaction score
I did the factory reset (assume this is disconnecting the batter) and it did not work.
The soft reset worked.
Thanks Jimmy!

Users who are viewing this thread