5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

azzx

Reaction score
Yeah, this hurricane engine is getting good MPG's. If I would have kept it below 75 on my last trip to Midland from DFW, I would have been somewhere around 25ish. I was doing 75-85 and still achieved 22mpg's.

Yes my truck has the sport package on it, I do like the hood. I almost got a big horn again but this lower spec laramie had everything I wanted.
Laramie is good stuff!
miss mine, the cooled seats!

Billy2019

Reaction score
I have the new tow mirrors on mine, and I hate them. They are directly in the line of vision if you're pulling out from a stop sign, and you have to crane your neck to see around them for traffic coming from the right. A royal pain in the butt. I know it's probably old news, but the right mirror sticks out an inch farther than the left mirror does. Why, I have no clue.
Would you be interested in swapping them? I have a big horn with the power fold Blindspot sensors puddle lamps etc?

Billy2019

Reaction score
Did my first break in oil change and inspection. Anyone else getting a coolant leak here?

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 28

Phoon

Reaction score
That is pretty good!
my 3rd tank - Avg speed 70 up and down the mountain rd. Few miles at 80+

450 miles/22.5 gallons
truck indicated 20.1. Hand calc was 19.9
91 octane
The best-case scenario is 2 MPG better than the Hemi, with the same route and speeds. Overall not a significant improvement over the 5.7 Hemi.
Only with 200 or so miles so far in city stop/go, the avg is maybe 2 mpg more than the Hemi.
2 mpg is actually a pretty decent improvement- almost 10%. Considering it has more power and torque and the huge increase in performance I'm pretty impressed.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes my truck has the sport package on it, I do like the hood. I almost got a big horn again but this lower spec laramie had everything I wanted.
Haha yeah the Laramie is nice. Only thing I wanted were the power side steps.

PetePA

Reaction score
I searched for the answer to this before but received mixed responses, so if someone has the same question maybe they'll find the answer here.

Does the Google Pixel 6 Pro fit the wireless charger in the 2025 Ram if the phone has a case on?

Yes, barely (if you want to call it barely). There's maybe half a mm that the phone doesn't touch the charger at the top, but it still charges. The Pixel 9 Pro XL is 0.04" smaller, so I'm assuming it will be a perfect fit.

Here's the case I tried in my buddy's BEAUTIFUL looking 2025 Ram:

And here are the Pixel 6 Pro dimensions:

2.99×6.45×0.35 inches

Basically, if you can get a similar case for your phone and it's equal to or smaller than this phone (height), it will fit fine.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I searched for the answer to this before but received mixed responses, so if someone has the same question maybe they'll find the answer here.

Does the Google Pixel 6 Pro fit the wireless charger in the 2025 Ram if the phone has a case on?

Yes, barely (if you want to call it barely). There's maybe half a mm that the phone doesn't touch the charger at the top, but it still charges. The Pixel 9 Pro XL is 0.04" smaller, so I'm assuming it will be a perfect fit.

Here's the case I tried in my buddy's BEAUTIFUL looking 2025 Ram:

And here are the Pixel 6 Pro dimensions:

2.99×6.45×0.35 inches

Basically, if you can get a similar case for your phone and it's equal to or smaller than this phone (height), it will fit fine.
The pro isnt that much bigger than my Regular Pixel 6, which fits fine with this case.

Poetic Guardian Series Case [Mil-Grade Drop Tested] Designed for Google Pixel 6 5G, Built-in Screen Protector Work with Fingerprint ID, Full Body Hybrid Shockproof Rugged Cover Case, Blue/Clear Amazon.com

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to swap them out with my 22 3500 dually. It only moves when I hook to my 5th wheel livestock trailer. I appreciate the offer, it's definitely tempting!
Just an FYI, the 2025 1500 tow mirrors won’t physically mount on a 3500 cab- completely different shaped mount on the doors.

Billy2019

Reaction score
Haha yeah the Laramie is nice. Only thing I wanted were the power side steps.
Same. Those power steps are super nice. I loved how low profile they were. Never been a big fan of running boards hanging down. I ended up with a step from real truck. It’s a low profile running board and was 650/700 less than the cheapest power steps I could find.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 21

Billy2019

Reaction score
Ok. Had to offer. Been dying to get a set!
I'm going to swap them out with my 22 3500 dually. It only moves when I hook to my 5th wheel livestock trailer. I appreciate the offer, it's definitely tempting!
If they end up not fitting the 22 and you were still interested we can talk and figure out a method if your still interested.

azzx

Reaction score
A few questions for the Big Horn - level 1 owners:
1- Is there a "rain sensing" wiper function?
2- Auto high beam?
3- A few times that I have discounted the battery, I had to manually adjust time/date. Is this because I don't have GPS?
4- Can a GPS antenna be added to my truck? is the empty terminal in the picture below for GPS?
5- Are you aware of any TSBs so far?
IMG20240527105518.jpg

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few questions for the Big Horn - level 1 owners:
1- Is there a "rain sensing" wiper function?
2- Auto high beam?
3- A few times that I have discounted the battery, I had to manually adjust time/date. Is this because I don't have GPS?
4- Can a GPS antenna be added to my truck? is the empty terminal in the picture below for GPS?
5- Are you aware of any TSBs so far?
View attachment 185471
i have the level 2 lone star and it doesn’t have the rain sensing wiper function. I do show to have auto high beam though. I know nothing about the GPS and the time/date resetting though.

I wonder if it’s possible to add the rain sensing wipers later one?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same. Those power steps are super nice. I loved how low profile they were. Never been a big fan of running boards hanging down. I ended up with a step from real truck. It’s a low profile running board and was 650/700 less than the cheapest power steps I could find.
Mine came with the factory Mopar steps. I’m not a big fan of them but until I can upgrade to the power steps they will do.

Attachments

• IMG_4944.jpeg
    IMG_4944.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 27

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I like the tube steps.
The power ones would be more of an inconvenience as they extend too far out which would be bothersome as I tend to load lots of stuff into the 2nd row.
Also, in the FL rain, you don't want to open the door and "wait" for them to pop out. Best to get in as fast as you can. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread