5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Yeah the service advisor kept saying that removing the dipstick was the dumbest thing every. I'm like him, I like checking my oil level and color every few weeks. I like visual references and I'm old school!

Me too! And don’t forget to smell the dipstick too. Tells you a lot, and ironically would be useful for monitoring fuel dilution in a DI vehicle. I enjoy the looks I get sometimes at the gas station when doing so.

Different strokes for different folks, I don't think I've checked an oil dipstick in 20 years of changing oil on all my vehicles. I'm more concerned that dealers apparently don't know how much oil motors take.
I understand that, I know people that don't and it's not right or wrong, I was just brought up with checking the oil every so often to make sure it's not low or too dark. I drove a 91 Z28 Camaro for my junior and senior year of high school and it burned a bit of oil so I just got so use to checking it.

Yeah I'm shocked that the first service advisor that greeted me didn't know that the 2025 had the hurricane engine and didn't have a dipstick. When I told him about the message, he said pop the hood and we can check it out. I laughed and told him about the new engine and no dipstick, he just said oh it's one of those now and went and got another advisor to walk him through everything.

Me too! And don’t forget to smell the dipstick too. Tells you a lot, and ironically would be useful for monitoring fuel dilution in a DI vehicle. I enjoy the looks I get sometimes at the gas station when doing so.
Oh yeah! Giving it the smell check to make sure it didn't have fuel or coolant leaking in haha. Then smelling the transmission fluid to make sure it didn't smell burnt.

My rant for today!
So,

Based on a few snapshots from Google on the search criteria of “has xxxx car company outsourced software development?”, almost all car makers have done it.

However, all manufacturers except Stellantis still have in-house development groups for key functionality development and support.

GM is building an in-house competency for software development and has hired thousands of developers – (Super cruise). Not a GM fan, but my hat off to them to hire American/US based resources.

Stellantis is the only company that has outsourced a significant portion of its software development, particularly to lower-cost countries like India, Morocco and Mexico, as a cost-cutting measure, utilizing low-end body shop companies for various development and maintenance projects.

This is evident from the multiple debacles of the 2025 RAM and other Stellantis product software failures.

Yes – Mercedes and BMW and others don’t have dipsticks for checking oil, however, the implementation of this tech. is light years ahead of Stellantis.

Another major issue with changes for 25 are mostly uneducated dealer resources on the sub-basic tech on 2025 models (not necessarily their fault). A flailing corporation and cash starved dealer network have a challenge funding training.

I still like my 25, however next time around I will look at other options.
7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

I happened to be installing a set of all-weather floor mats today.
Thanks a lot! Well - they really changed the metall underbody to add that feature.
Obviously not a "part" I could add, so I have to do some DIY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back