5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

I have 550 miles now and am really pleased with the 3.0 hurricane. Tomorrow will be interesting plan to take the boat out for the last time this year. It's a 20ft center console roughly 5k lbs. Only going roughly 15 miles to the ramp.

I have 550 miles now and am really pleased with the 3.0 hurricane. Tomorrow will be interesting plan to take the boat out for the last time this year. It's a 20ft center console roughly 5k lbs. Only going roughly 15 miles to the ramp.
What's the tongue weight on that? I have a 19 ft fiberglass boat and trailer is like 5k. I heard it's 500ish probably.

What's the tongue weight on that? I have a 19 ft fiberglass boat and trailer is like 5k. I heard it's 500ish probably.
Around 500 lbs. Varies a bit depending where i have things placed and if the front baitwell is filled.

Keep us updated on what you find out. I was considering the oem bed step but will hold off for now.

I too would like to know how to get a OEM one. I've seen a 2025 with a step. I wonder what part number is on it.

Also. Anybody hook up a catch yet? Wondering what lines to use.

I too would like to know how to get a OEM one. I've seen a 2025 with a step. I wonder what part number is on it.

Also. Anybody hook up a catch yet? Wondering what lines to use.
There was one on the lot at my dealer but I could not find a part number. Perfect fit -off the bumper and not hitting tailpipe like it should be.

My dealer gave me this number for 2025: 82215289ah
Not confident about the P#, since the same dealer gave me P# for the trailer brake controller that was 100% wrong!

There was one on the lot at my dealer but I could not find a part number. Perfect fit -off the bumper and not hitting tailpipe like it should be.

My dealer gave me this number for 2025: 82215289ah
Not confident about the P#, since the same dealer gave me P# for the trailer brake controller that was 100% wrong!
This is my factory installed step, base tailgate. Mopar site says new pn is 82216597AC and is currently unavailable: 2025 Ram 1500 Rear Step Kit 82216597AC | Mopar eStore

Attachments

• IMG_7174.jpeg
    IMG_7174.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 18
I pushed the start button Sunday and it didn't try to start, just flashed a series of messages. Then it would not shut off the electronics because it said the engine was running and in gear but it was neither. So I disconnected both batteries, tried again, same same. Disconnected both batteries and called the tow truck Monday morning. Its now sitting at the dealer and I am walking...
They opened a Star case on mine, its only 1 month old and 2000 miles. 2025 Big Horn level 2.
Hate to say it but that is how my issues started. Had to have it towed or jumped 4 times. Last time was August 2nd. They still have the truck and can not figure out what is turning on to draw power. I have an arbitration hearing on Nov 11th to force a buy back. Sad that Ram will not stand behind their products.

I took the truck into service for the "max engine oil level exceeded warning" that I got. They performed a new oil change on it and reset the oil life and the light stayed on. The tech took me out back and they performed another oil change and this time changed the oil filter while I was there and measured the 7.5 quarts. He then proceeded to do the oil level display refresh and after this was done the light came back on. They told me to call back in the morning and schedule it in for service again. :(

When they hooked it to the scanner it also gave them a service brake warning as well, but he nothing else appeared for them to do. They mentioned it felt like this was a software issue but wasn't sure. I'll give them a call tomorrow to schedule it to be looked at. Not sure how long this one is going to take now..

I took the truck into service for the "max engine oil level exceeded warning" that I got. They performed a new oil change on it and reset the oil life and the light stayed on. The tech took me out back and they performed another oil change and this time changed the oil filter while I was there and measured the 7.5 quarts. He then proceeded to do the oil level display refresh and after this was done the light came back on. They told me to call back in the morning and schedule it in for service again. :(

When they hooked it to the scanner it also gave them a service brake warning as well, but he nothing else appeared for them to do. They mentioned it felt like this was a software issue but wasn't sure. I'll give them a call tomorrow to schedule it to be looked at. Not sure how long this one is going to take now..

I woulda said to all the dip stick FOMO guys that they were over-reacting….

… but perhaps they were on to something…

It is mind-boggling that a simple engine oil/filter change process that has worked since model T has been made into Mongolian cluster F.

Is anyone else with 25 who has had the dealer oil change?
I am concerned about taking mine in for an oil change.

Last edited:

Yeah the service advisor kept saying that removing the dipstick was the dumbest thing every. I'm like him, I like checking my oil level and color every few weeks. I like visual references and I'm old school!

I did see a post on Reddit not too long ago, it came across like he was a tech at a dealership but you never know, but said something to the affect that they have a lot of hurricane Rams showing the same message after oil change and adding the recommended 7.5 quarts.

I did see a post on Reddit not too long ago, it came across like he was a tech at a dealership but you never know, but said something to the affect that they have a lot of hurricane Rams showing the same message after oil change and adding the recommended 7.5 quarts.
Yeah the service advisor told me that they had 10 other trucks there for the same issue. He said there was no resolution yet. Also told me that they were out of loaners as well. I just called and they confirmed they don't have loaners to spare. He said I could take it in, but it would probably sit there until they got a resolution from Ram. UGH this is getting annoying.

Yeah the service advisor kept saying that removing the dipstick was the dumbest thing every. I'm like him, I like checking my oil level and color every few weeks. I like visual references and I'm old school!
Different strokes for different folks, I don't think I've checked an oil dipstick in 20 years of changing oil on all my vehicles. I'm more concerned that dealers apparently don't know how much oil motors take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back