5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

It is surging or is it the transmission nit knowing what gear it wants to be in? Cause mine does the same, but my thought is, we aren’t giving it gas and ROM’s don’t change change, my thought was transmission not knowing what to do at that speed.
Good question, I can't know for sure, and I wasn't watching the tach. It felt like a power dip, like either the transmission paused in some false-neutral between gears or there was a dip in fuel delivery. I'll see if I can catch the tach next time and watch for a rev change.

So I got mine on the 9th this was released on the 8th. I don’t know if it was in the system already and I got the newest (this update) or it takes some time to show up and I have the last update. It says this new tsb supersedes the September ts
well ill wait for cel

Good question, I can't know for sure, and I wasn't watching the tach. It felt like a power dip, like either the transmission paused in some false-neutral between gears or there was a dip in fuel delivery. I'll see if I can catch the tach next time and watch for a rev change.
I'm going to try to record while driving. I'll have to setup a gopro or something.

I swung by my dealer yesterday and popped in to see what was happening, they said a star case is open on my truck now. I guess that means more people are looking at it?

I purchased an ANCEL Bluetooth scanner on Amazon a few months ago when my 2016 RAM 2500 Cummins had a CEL. It pulled the same codes (all EGR related) that my mechanic pulled. $2k repair with military discount.

ok
I purchased an ANCEL Bluetooth scanner on Amazon a few months ago when my 2016 RAM 2500 Cummins had a CEL. It pulled the same codes (all EGR related) that my mechanic pulled. $2k repair with military discount.
ok how is the rebel driving

Maybe just inherited by the turbo, there will be some lag
I don't think it's turbo, I think it's transmission. I've never driven a turbo car with an auto, but my Suby's never did that, but they were manual. It's always when coasting and speed is going from 20mph to around 14mph. It will buck you hard.

Last edited:
I don't think it's turbo, I think it's transmission. I've never driven a turbo car with a turbo, but my Suby's never did that, but they were manual. It's always when coasting and speed is going from 20mph to around 14mph. It will buck you hard.
You try disconnecting the battery and maybe allowing it to relearn?how many miles are on yours

Update on my 2025 Laramie that's been sitting at the dealership for almost six weeks (due to a CEL). We had to expedite a second PCM, which took some effort because my case manager had to coordinate with multiple internal suppliers. The new PCM arrived recently, but the technicians couldn’t flash it due to an error code of "Invalid skim key" caused by a programming failure. An active DTC popped up, indicating another internal short in the PCM. The tech has now opened another STAR case and requested assistance from Stellantis. It seems there was some corruption during the flashing process.

What worries me is that ordering a new PCM is a major hassle due to severe backorders. The situation is incredibly frustrating, and I’m losing hope. I’m unfortunately starting to consider reaching out to lemon law attorneys. This is the second PCM they've tried to flash. Truly unacceptable.

You try disconnecting the battery and maybe allowing it to relearn?how many miles are on yours
I haven't tried that out. I'm at 4400 miles already. The loaner did the same thing as well and that thing was built in August and only had 1000 miles when I got it.

Bucking and jerking, stalling out at idle and low throttle, and misfire codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back