5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

sport mode helps with stumbling below 2000 rpm slow driving but then it won't shift 2800 rpm higher these new ones are faster but i don't drive that way anyone else having slow drive in auto mode ****ty shifting the update fixed cold start misfires and before update if you just touched gas pedal a hair in park engine would die don't do that anymore after update again it is quiet smooth faster but normal driving suck it stumbles thru shifting can't wait for woo ram cold start info

sport mode helps with stumbling below 2000 rpm slow driving but then it won't shift 2800 rpm higher these new ones are faster but i don't drive that way anyone else having slow drive in auto mode ****ty shifting the update fixed cold start misfires and before update if you just touched gas pedal a hair in park engine would die don't do that anymore after update again it is quiet smooth faster but normal driving suck it stumbles thru shifting can't wait for woo ram cold start info

Sport mode does help a bit with the odd shifting 1st-3rd gears for me. It's like the truck does not understand 2nd and 3rd gears are there and gets through them so quickly it does feel stumbly.

i agree and it don't down shift to a lower gear when really needed in auto mode at 60 70 but even at 70 75 its much happier cruising above 2000 rpm u can feel surge passengers don't gas pedal fell a little vibration i think there will be a fix eventually i will watch gears nows only watched rpms when shifting before wonder if its jump over other gears going 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 main it shutter it does go thru gears fast then your lugging

Reporting back, on mine. Got the truck back Friday afternoon. Saturday morning at cold start I didn't hear the popping or misfiring at all. It still has the horrible spot around 21-14mph where it doesn't know what gear it needs to be in so it makes the truck jerk very bad. Didn't expect the TSB to fix that, but just wanted to point that out. I am now getting a random service brakes warning on the radio though. :cautious:

Here is what it displays.

Attachments

• IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 50
that's crazy check cap for brake fluid again i check ed all fuses underhood under dash half of mine were not pushed in and next to fuse box underhand hood is a place where 8 ground wire are i don't have a wire and the bolt for that on was sitting lose not installed siting on two ground i screw it on to the empty ground bolt where it belonged

sorry for confusing post i need to reread before i post auto word correct changes words on my post sometimes only on this site its weird

i also have had weird things happen no camera no park sense no beeping so i put it on run or acc for 2 min before starting let computer talk to each other have not had any weird thing when i do that

its box next to fuse box cover comes off one stud has no ground wire the bolt for that one was sitting on two grounds i on my truck lose and screw back on the empty stud where it belonged its all before the battery

everyone turn stop start feature off it will kill engine and battery volt s mine sit at 14 to 14.5 with that auto stop start on low 13 brahmajoe how is your truck been running

everyone turn stop start feature off it will kill engine and battery volt s mine sit at 14 to 14.5 with that auto stop start on low 13 brahmajoe how is your truck been running
Mines been good (knock on wood 🪵)aside from waiting for a shifting update. Yours?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Ram contact information? My new truck has already been in the shop for a month and they said they won’t have it fixed until middle of November.

I tried contacting Ram customer care number 1 (800) 521-2779, but it says offices closed when i attempted to call today and last Friday.

same weird shifting but for me its more surging as its going thru shifts and up in rpm its like i wanna go no don't wanna go but above 3000 rpm shifts and when it drops down as its shifting stay above 2500 rpm its butter

that's crazy check cap for brake fluid again i check ed all fuses underhood under dash half of mine were not pushed in and next to fuse box underhand hood is a place where 8 ground wire are i don't have a wire and the bolt for that on was sitting lose not installed siting on two ground i screw it on to the empty ground bolt where it belonged
Picky picky… those UAW workers need araise…

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back