5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Well, mine's back at it again. Severe bucking and stumbling, very little power. Same codes-0300 to 0306. I already dropped it off at the dealer. This truck has had an improperly installed charge air hose seal replaced or fixed, injectors recalibrated, and the new flash applied.

No updates for my truck yet. I called the dealer yesterday, left a voicemail and called again today and nothing. Starting to wonder what to do next. It's been 3 week going to 4 already.

Christ, at that rate mine will have been to/from the dealership 3 times for the same problem and lemon lawed before you get yours back!

Ram needs to get this under control already! I still want my truck, thinking about asking how to do the lemon law on this one and just go grab a newer one now.

I will not buy another ram truck anytime soon. Note that I didn't say never, but it'll take a while before I'm convinced they have the lid sat on, so to speak. Same with ford-I was considering a ford, but their qc is a hot mess right now too, as is toyota's apparently. Same with gm and their screwed up lifter-munching engines, plus you can't get anything with some power from them unless you step pretty far up the trim ladder and get a 6 billion ton behemoth. For example, the only manufacturer that makes a rcsb 1/2 ton with some nuts to it is ford. That'll get you a 400 hp coyote engine. I just don't trust their qc, all kinds of stuff is going wrong with them.

Just got the truck back today from the dealer. No misfires and runs great after the update. Glad its an easy fix

Just stopped by my dealer to see when they could get my truck in for the misfire reflash, he told me that he hadn’t called me because they’ve done a couple of trucks and it hasn’t fixed the issue, they’re awaiting a response back from the mothership. I guess I keep on waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's odd that some people are having success and some are still having the failure. I called the dealer again and left another message. I'm being nice, but I might have to swing by Saturday and talk to someone.

Well, mine's back at it again. Severe bucking and stumbling, very little power. Same codes-0300 to 0306. I already dropped it off at the dealer. This truck has had an improperly installed charge air hose seal replaced or fixed, injectors recalibrated, and the new flas
me too with bucking stumbling no cel

It's odd that some people are having success and some are still having the failure. I called the dealer again and left another message. I'm being nice, but I might have to swing by Saturday and talk to someone.
Did u have the high idle and misfire when you started it cold? And it still does it after the update?

i am so pissed you ask why 2025 ram rebel 73000 msrp got it for free but i gave up a 2021 ram built to serve in anvil very rare color and 2022 scatpack wide body mango what a dummy i was i am about to trade this thing in and just get a used trx with 1 owner 20000 miles or less something wrong i am car guy forever can takes these cars apart put back together on my own but ram has a big problem price i paid for having the newest toy

i am so pissed you ask why 2025 ram rebel 73000 msrp got it for free but i gave up a 2021 ram built to serve in anvil very rare color and 2022 scatpack wide body mango what a dummy i was i am about to trade this thing in and just get a used trx with 1 owner 20000 miles or less something wrong i am car guy forever can takes these cars apart put back together on my own but ram has a big problem price i paid for having the newest toy
Are you having issues again?

Just got the truck back today from the dealer. No misfires and runs great after the update. Glad its an easy fix
So update. Nice cool 36 degrees this morning. Perfect time to cold start the truck the day after I got it back. Remote started it and it turned right over. Idling upon start up sounded good....a whole lot better than before buuuut there was 1 slight surge of the engine that only lasted a second and it went right back to idling fine. Soon dropped below 1000rpms. The drop to 1000rpms was lot quicker than before as well. Hooked up to the code reader to see if any "pending" codes was showing and it was all clear. Truck still drove just as smooth as before going into work.

Did u have the high idle and misfire when you started it cold? And it still does it after the update?
I only had the misfires at cold start. The truck would idle about 1700rpm, but you could hear it popping and the RPM dropping randomly. I haven't received my truck yet. It's been a week since the did the update and they were suppose to return it, but they haven't called me back.

So update. Nice cool 36 degrees this morning. Perfect time to cold start the truck the day after I got it back. Remote started it and it turned right over. Idling upon start up sounded good....a whole lot better than before buuuut there was 1 slight surge of the engine that only lasted a second and it went right back to idling fine. Soon dropped below 1000rpms. The drop to 1000rpms was lot quicker than before as well. Hooked up to the code reader to see if any "pending" codes was showing and it was all clear. Truck still drove just as smooth as before going into work.
Well it was a cold morning so possibly just normal

I only had the misfires at cold start. The truck would idle about 1700rpm, but you could hear it popping and the RPM dropping randomly. I haven't received my truck yet. It's been a week since the did the update and they were suppose to return it, but they haven't called me back.
Hopefully you can pick it up tonight before the weekend 🤞

its the shifting surging once warmed up feels like misfires but cold start still good no burping or misfires the update worked for that for sure and it was cold this morning

its the shifting surging once warmed up feels like misfires but cold start still good no burping or misfires the update worked for that for sure and it was cold this morning
Did you see I think it’s an October 3rd tsb, for misfires. There’s no flash yet or resolution but it states engineers are currently working on it. So there’s something in the works. They just have to fine tune all the different operating perimeters

Attachments

• IMG_5976.png
    IMG_5976.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 27
Just got my truck. Let's see how this goes. I'll do a cold start tomorrow and see how it sounds/drives. So far so good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.
Back