5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

I brought up the TSB: 18-071-24 relating to cold start misfires to my ram service over the phone and they said I can’t get the update unless a check engine light is on, even if I’m experiencing the symptom.

what caused mine was to moves of the truck before idle went down when i usually let it run a few mins before i go

ok on paper work say check engine light on p300 misfire code check for new software and installed new update to pcm iscm no codes were on the paper sorry i had to wait your misfire code will come

ok on paper work say check engine light on p300 misfire code check for new software and installed new update to pcm iscm no codes were on the paper sorry i had to wait your misfire code will come
I had them perform it today without the code. We will see. Shifting seems better at the moment, I wanted to beat the engine light to the punch

My concern...I seemingly have tackled the CEL demon when they replaced my fuel pump (at least what they said they did - I'll confirm when I look at my service paperwork). I have not had a CEL since. When I have my first oil change service, will they do this "software update"? And with no CEL is this "update" going to bring back the demon?

My concern...I seemingly have tackled the CEL demon when they replaced my fuel pump (at least what they said they did - I'll confirm when I look at my service paperwork). I have not had a CEL since. When I have my first oil change service, will they do this "software update"? And with no CEL is this "update" going to bring back the demon?
I never had a Cel, but I had the rough running on cold start. My ram was built April of 25. They just updated the software to the newest version, I guess time will tell if it’s fixed.

Just got my SST SO back today. Dealer did all the TSBs which alone did not resolve the issue. The StarCase directive also helped them find a folded gasket on a (the?) throttle body that was causing an air leak. CEL clear, fingers crossed.
I have a similar issue where they told the gasket had to be replaced, but still waiting on that. Did that seem to fix your issue after the software update + new gasket?

I have a similar issue where they told the gasket had to be replaced, but still waiting on that. Did that seem to fix your issue after the software update + new gasket?
bWez2, so far, but I've only had it back for five days and less than 100miles. This is my second round with misfire CEL (first round they didn't have the PCM/ISCM updates nor the gasket issue flagged in TSBs).

Are there any updates I should be aware of besides the PCM? I’ve seen a few mentions of an ICM update. Can someone provide both TSBs so I can pass them on to the technician? My '25 Laramie has been sitting at the dealership for nearly 5 weeks due to a CEL caused by an internally shorted PCM according to the diagnosis. They previously ordered a new PCM and tried to flash it, even involving the engineers, but it failed. They suspect the part was damaged during transit, which sounds bs me. Now, we've had to order another one, and I'm hoping the PCM gets flashed successfully this time around. This has been a huge hassle. I've been driving a V6 Pentastar Big Horn Night Edition—it's alright, but I really miss the Hurricane engine; it's so smooth and quick.

Are there any updates I should be aware of besides the PCM? I’ve seen a few mentions of an ICM update. Can someone provide both TSBs so I can pass them on to the technician? My '25 Laramie has been sitting at the dealership for nearly 5 weeks due to a CEL. They previously ordered a part and tried to flash it, even involving the engineers, but it failed. They suspect the part was damaged during transit, which sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. Now, we've had to order another one, and I'm hoping the PCM gets flashed successfully this time around. This has been a huge hassle. I've been driving a V6 Pentastar Big Horn Night Edition—it's alright, but I really miss the Hurricane engine; it's so smooth and quick.
IMG_5973.png

Most of the TSBs for misfire seem to be from September 21st effecting rams from August back, I could be wrong but I think all these are wrapped up in the latest flash update.

Are there any updates I should be aware of besides the PCM? I’ve seen a few mentions of an ICM update. Can someone provide both TSBs so I can pass them on to the technician? My '25 Laramie has been sitting at the dealership for nearly 5 weeks due to a CEL caused by an internally shorted PCM according to the diagnosis. They previously ordered a new PCM and tried to flash it, even involving the engineers, but it failed. They suspect the part was damaged during transit, which sounds bs me. Now, we've had to order another one, and I'm hoping the PCM gets flashed successfully this time around. This has been a huge hassle. I've been driving a V6 Pentastar Big Horn Night Edition—it's alright, but I really miss the Hurricane engine; it's so smooth and quick.
Another tidbit to consider is the harness itself could be damaged similar to the case attached.

Attachments

day 2 no misfires on cold start ok thank god that's fixed . anyone else during slow driving shifting around 2000 2300 rpms feel surging while going thru shifts. i feel like super fast driving or super slow driving its fine but driving with traffic light to light i feel surging during shifting.

day 2 no misfires on cold start ok thank god that's fixed . anyone else during slow driving shifting around 2000 2300 rpms feel surging while going thru shifts. i feel like super fast driving or super slow driving its fine but driving with traffic light to light i feel surging during shifting.
Same no misfires after update yesterday, thanks for your posts that was really bugging me. It might take a few miles for your transmission to adjust, not sure if it clears parameters after the update. If not I’m sure there’s a flash for trans shifting coming soon once there’s more on the road

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back