5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

When I said they're working to buy back as many as possible, I was being semi-sarcastic. What I really meant was with all the screwing up they're doing they're creating lots of situations ripe for a buyback.

Has anyone had this issue and then never had it again after taking it to the shop? It seems like most continue to have the CEL issue once it first occurs.

One or two people in this thread actually got theirs resolved. One was a fuel pump, and I think the other was an air filter housing lid that was apparently improperly installed from the factory.

My dealer just called me. New TSB released this past Saturday for the Misfire issues. The fix is a software update. When ever mine gets done I’ll update. Call your dealers! You may get in before I’d do.
Any update?

My Update (for anyone that cares)- they did an update to the PCM that came out this past weekend.

I picked it up and drove 5 mins and it started shaking again and the CEL came on 🤦‍♂️ turned around and brought it right back to the service department. Very frustrating

From what I've read, the HO engines are not experiencing that.
Bought a Longhorn with the HO a month and a half ago, and I’m having the same issues with CEL. Spent more time at the dealer than with me. Ram told them to replace pcv valve, hose and the cover the hose goes through. They replaced the valve and hose, but not the cover, it’s on back order. Got the truck back tonight and not even 5 minutes later, CEL came back on. Called dealer and they said it was because they couldn’t replace the cover as Ram told them to replace all 3 parts. Doesn’t make much sense. I’ve been getting the same runaround as most of you. It’s frustrating to say the least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back