5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

@firecadet613 you have a hard time with some things. The 2025 is cosmetically the same as previous years, that is it. @v8440 was trying to help you understand that. This going to get deeper if needed. The engine is not complicated at all, its everything that supports/helps it get its power can be complicated.

The 2019 model year had plenty of issues, not everyone had to deal with them. Keep defending your 2019 trucks, that is fine. This is a completely different company now.
No, trust me, I get it and why my next will most likely NOT be a Ram. I don't recall 2019s sitting at the dealers with CELs, but then again I didn't have issues needing to be fixed.

Why did Stellantis completely redo the entire truck but not the sheet metal? Seems *** backwards to me. To the average consumer, the 2025 looks just like the 2024 which looks like the 2019.... Most won't get the top tier trucks with the new features.

You keep saying the engine isn't complicated (I agree, it isn't). That said, why the F is Stellantis having such a hard time with it? You are overlooking that point, keep on saying it's not complicated yet how many guys have simple misfire CELs that are unresolved...

No need to defend my 2019 - my window sticker looks largely the same as most of these 2025s, right down to the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon speaker system...

Damn shame what Stellantis is doing to Ram...

You are overlooking that point, keep on saying it's not complicated yet how many guys have simple misfire CELs that are unresolved...
You are correct. They are 100% unchanged, the same as your 19 right down to the tires. The programming the uc5 vs uc4=the same. They just changed the wires going to the blind spot sensors.

No, trust me, I get it and why my next will most likely NOT be a Ram. I don't recall 2019s sitting at the dealers with CELs, but then again I didn't have issues needing to be fixed.

Why did Stellantis completely redo the entire truck but not the sheet metal? Seems *** backwards to me. To the average consumer, the 2025 looks just like the 2024 which looks like the 2019.... Most won't get the top tier trucks with the new features.

You keep saying the engine isn't complicated (I agree, it isn't). That said, why the F is Stellantis having such a hard time with it? You are overlooking that point, keep on saying it's not complicated yet how many guys have simple misfire CELs that are unresolved...

No need to defend my 2019 - my window sticker looks largely the same as most of these 2025s, right down to the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon speaker system...

Damn shame what Stellantis is doing to Ram...

At this point, those of us who have the 25's are in it for the short term at least. You giving us the doom and gloom aint helping.

The engine is not complicated at all, its everything that supports/helps it get its power can be complicated.
I assume what your saying is the mechanics of the engine (block, pistons, connecting rods, cams, phasors and crank) aren't new to the industry and as you said aren't all that complicated (compared to legacy designs). Turbo's are a known item and the components previously mentioned are upgraded as necessary for the higher horse power making it a little more complicated (in design and manufacture, not operation). The sensors electronics and how the software interacts with them to control the turbo's, ignition, fuel system and ultimately engine speed is more complicated than the legacy hemi engine. Troubleshooting all of this when something goes wrong and there's limited experience at a dealership is frustrated by the complicated control modules and software.

I thought this post was about the 25’s with a check engine light. Why do people keep posting about other years and other brands? Why don’t you guys go start a “I hate everything ram” page and leave those of us who want to share information to do so? I could care less about your daughter’s (insert brand here) flawless car. On that note, I’m curious how many of you are getting misfires while driving versus at idle, it appears to me that my truck only misfires during “open loop”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this post was about the 25’s with a check engine light. Why do people keep posting about other years and other brands? Why don’t you guys go start a “I hate everything ram” page and leave those of us who want to share information to do so? I could care less about your daughter’s (insert brand here) flawless car. On that note, I’m curious how many of you are getting misfires while driving versus at idle, it appears to me that my truck only misfires during “open loop”.

Mine misfires at cold start and when driving with light throttle around 1000-2000 rpm but clears up and runs good with heavy throttle or after 2000 rpm. Pretty annoying for me because my whole drive to work is around 40mph so it does it pretty much the whole time unless I drive aggressively or have it in sport mode to keep the rpms up. I always run 93 octane too. I feel like it ran better with the 87 octane the dealer put in.

Same thing they did for the 4th gen refresh in 2013 but probably even less noticeable. They tweaked the bumpers and made the grill a little bigger to go along with the new 8 speed transmission and V6 engine option at that time.

Last edited:
Mine bucked like a bronco for a short time, then got all weak (computer probably pulled all boost out). Will sometimes shudder at idle, and at just about any speed. It's going in tomorrow morning. I'm not convinced what's happening with mine is the same thing as the majority of others on this thread, but even if it's not, I'm not convinced they're going to be able to fix it in a timely manner. I'm back to driving the '96 2500 diesel. The 12v just keeps going...

Same thing they did for the 4th gen refresh in 2013 but probably even less noticeable. They tweaked the bumpers and made the grill a little bigger to go along with the new 8 speed transmission and V6 engine option at that time.
They changed the entire electrical system back then or just a slight refresh?

The issue with the 25s IMO is they changed everything but the sheet metal, but didn't iron out the kinks...
You are correct. They are 100% unchanged, the same as your 19 right down to the tires. The programming the uc5 vs uc4=the same. They just changed the wires going to the blind spot sensors.
OK, in your view it's not complicated. Why hasn't Stellantis resolved all these CELs yet?
At this point, those of us who have the 25's are in it for the short term at least. You giving us the doom and gloom aint helping.
There's a reason why I bought a clean, used '19 vs ordering a new '23 (that you had to get eTorque with) back when I bought my current truck. My previous Ram was a '19 built in June of 2018 and pretty trouble free...

Glad I'm not in the market now, until they get these 25s figured out, although I'm sure there are some good ones out there!

Last edited:

The original poster hasn't been back to update this thread and likely wont...

Screenshot_20240922_205131_DuckDuckGo.jpg

If your 25 is running fine, enjoy the damn truck. I enjoyed my '19 back in 2018 when others had issues with them, forums just magnify the issues.

Although, when the CEO says they have quality issues at the plant, that won't help anyone...

Dropped the truck off at the dealer a little while ago. Ran fine headed over there, go figure. Check engine light is still on, of course I didn't erase the codes. We'll see...

My dealer just called me. New TSB released this past Saturday for the Misfire issues. The fix is a software update. When ever mine gets done I’ll update. Call your dealers! You may get in before I’d do.
Good deal, I hope it finally fixes these issues. The truck is awesome other than this.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to completely directly pertain to what I thought the majority of problems on this thread were-misfire codes. It seems to address misfire codes tangentially, and not in any detail.

Well, I had another problem with the truck today. Stopped to put gas in it for the first time, and when I went to leave it would not start. It would crank but not fire. I happened to have a code reader with me, and the following 3 pending codes showed up:

U0673-Some kind of network problem, couldn't find anything more specific
U0046-Seems to be a problem with communication bus C, which might relate to the pcm?
P0521-Oil pressure sensor or switch output out of expected range

I called the dealership that worked on it earlier (which is also the dealer I bought the truck from), and a guy came out within about 5 minutes from the service department. He tried starting it, with no luck. He went back to the shop to get a 10mm wrench to disconnect the battery. When he came back he had done a little reading about the no start condition and he tried the clear flood procedure, meaning he held the gas pedal down while it was cranking. It started right up. He never disconnected the battery, just to be clear. I seriously doubt the clear flooding procedure is actually what caused it to start, I suspect something is loose and making intermittent contact. So, good thing I live very close to both where I work and the dealership. It'll be a while before I trust this truck to not strand me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back