5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Attached TSB for everyone.
So I guess my question is were the HO engines not experiencing this issue? Or was it the case of the sample size of the SO is so much larger than HO did they work on that version first?

So I guess my question is were the HO engines not experiencing this issue? Or was it the case of the sample size of the SO is so much larger than HO did they work on that version first?
From what I've read, the HO engines are not experiencing that.
If it's a software issue, they likely have different programming (and I don't think as many of them in the wild just yet).

It seems that this software is supposed to fix the misfire DTCs that most Hurricane SO engines, including mine, have been experiencing. My vehicle has been at the dealership for two weeks now due to a potentially internally shorted PCM, which could have triggered the CEL. The part was ordered on VOR but is still backordered until October 31, which is completely unacceptable. Now, I can't help but overthink whether the PCM just needs an update instead of being actually shorted :cautious:

Mine idles rough as hell when cold started which I’m sure is the misfiring issue but since I have no CEL I gotta deal with it until it pops on? That’s some bs

Mine idles rough as hell when cold started which I’m sure is the misfiring issue but since I have no CEL I gotta deal with it until it pops on? That’s some bs
Not necessarily. Check it for pending codes, or have an auto parts store check it for pending codes.

Has anyone gotten the software, and did it resolve the misfire on a cold start? I just reached out to my dealer this week as my truck has been there for 4 weeks.
The software/TSB was released on Saturday...... have your dealer perform the update and and report back to us.

I'm going to call my dealer and see if they have any updates on my truck and ask them about this TSB. Hope to get some info from them.

2025 big horn with hurricane engine. CEL came on at 1489 miles. Had the truck barely over a month. Very frustrating. Taking it in tomorrow

Dropped the truck off at the dealer a little while ago. Ran fine headed over there, go figure. Check engine light is still on, of course I didn't erase the codes. We'll see...

Dropped the truck off at the dealer a little while ago. Ran fine headed over there, go figure. Check engine light is still on, of course I didn't erase the codes. We'll see...
I’ve got the same problem with my 2025. Check engine light came on at 1800 and 3715 miles. Dealership reset it and sent codes to engineers and I haven’t heard back from the dealership. Auto start is also affected by this issue.

I'm trying! lol, I have been waiting on a call back... Will report back if I hear anything.
I got the update, ran smooth at the dealer and started up fine. Let it sit all night and just left for work, and it’s still misfiring on cold start. I’ll be taking it back in tonight and I’m right at 30 days in the shop so I’m going to start lemon law process, this is craziness.

I got the update, ran smooth at the dealer and started up fine. Let it sit all night and just left for work, and it’s still misfiring on cold start. I’ll be taking it back in tonight and I’m right at 30 days in the shop so I’m going to start lemon law process, this is craziness.

Does the "lemon law" process cost money?

I'm going to call my dealer and see if they have any updates on my truck and ask them about this TSB. Hope to get some info from them.
I called the dealer the other day and they said they knew nothing about it. As of today they have yet to look at it. They told me they will try before Friday if not early next week. Afterwards she told me that they haven't figured out what were wrong with the other ones they have so they might just tell me to leave it until they get an update Ram/Stellantis.

It seems they're working hard to buy back as many 2025's as possible...
What makes you say that?

As far as lemon law goes, it really will be case by case vehicle by vehicle. An issue such as the misfire due to a software issue I’m not necessarily sure that would cut it.

I lemon lawed a GMC sierra this past February that had a blown head gasket with 196 miles on it. To keep it short they only reason they lemon lawed it and didn’t repair it and give it back to me with half a rebuilt engine is because my state has a 20 day limit so if it’s in the shop for more than 20 days and they can’t get the part to fix it then it qualifies.

I have a feeling that they’re going to start saying “just drive it until the software update comes out” to avoid this clause. The truck can physically drive whether the misfires cause long term issues is for a class action later down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back