5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Allot changed in the 2025 RAM besides the engine. The sheet metal looks the same but the electronics are totally different.

I have a 2025 3.6 e torque 2500 miles 1 month old got check engine light P0300 random cylinder misfire .. this happened 3 days before dealer diagnostic for delayed throttle response. We’ll see what happens

No they are not. They may look alike but that's about it.
They made it harder for the end user to modify. From the consumers perspective, largely unchanged aside from the engine.

It's a mild refresh...
Not at all, the software and electrical systems are very different from 2024 models.
How's the average driver perceive it? Largely unchanged.

They made it harder for the end user to modify. From the consumers perspective, largely unchanged aside from the engine.
The average consumer is not on a forum or trying to modify their truck either. So.... yes nothing has changed other than the engine and it's harder for the consumer to modify their trucks.

I just love these arguments! Especially the guys saying “the hemi was a better engine” Go back and read the thousands of posts about lifters failing, there’s entire YouTube channels dedicated to just that! And don’t forget about all the transmissions that left people stranded, what about the death wobble in the 2500’s? some of you guys really have short memories! As the owner of a Polaris sled that’s on its second recall for fuel tanks blowing up! (I don’t even flinch at that Polaris email or letters anymore). This will get fixed, either keep taking it back until they lemon it and go buy a different brand or be patient, wait and keep each other informed on what’s happening. IMHO. I love mine and I’m keeping it, I wish you luck with yours whichever way you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read this entire thread, every post in 24 pages. Since there are a number of posts alluding to that trouble-free trucks seldom get mentioned in forums, I have a '25 1500 Hurricane Laramie that I bought on 7/18/24 at Lithia Motors in Santa Fe NM. The build date was 5/15. We drove it home to Iowa (long story,) and it currently has 4800 miles on it, over 2500 miles towing a 7k lb travel trailer. I've had a couple of minor glitchy things with the 12" monitor switching from cell phone calls back to maps, and some infrequent less-than-smooth shfits, but other than that, no issues at all... at least so far. I use mostly unleaded ethanol 88 (E-15) in my truck. I tried a couple of tanks of 91/93 octane no-ethanol towing, and found I was actually getting worse gas mileage over the tanks and it didn't seem to make any difference either in performance or engine sound (no pinging.) I must confess that I mistakenly put 6 gallons of E-85 in at one pump before I realized what I'd done. I topped the tank off with seven gallons of no-ethanol 93 octane and noticed no significant difference in performance on that tankful. In other words, the truck has pretty much taken whatever I've put in it without complaint.

What seems to be lacking from most of the posts in this thread is data to enable finding commonality among the CEL activations. I think that particularly a list of build dates for those trucks exhibiting issues would be interesting. That would give the ability to try to analyze if the issues are localized to a build date range or occur independent of build date. That would also help give some indication about whether it was a build problem for a specific period, or parts used from a specific build run or whatever. The misfire codes appear to be common and don't really give much troubleshooting info.

I find the STAR report to be of signficant interest particularly since they've got a list of potential failure points to check, meaning that they must have found at least each of them to be at issue in at least one reported case. It would also be interesting to see if you guys who have had issues can post the exact fixes on your particular truck.

I just love these arguments! Especially the guys saying “the hemi was a better engine” Go back and read the thousands of posts about lifters failing, there’s entire YouTube channels dedicated to just that! And don’t forget about all the transmissions that left people stranded, what about the death wobble in the 2500’s? some of you guys really have short memories! As the owner of a Polaris sled that’s on its second recall for fuel tanks blowing up! (I don’t even flinch at that Polaris email or letters anymore). This will get fixed, either keep taking it back until they lemon it and go buy a different brand or be patient, wait and keep each other informed on what’s happening. IMHO. I love mine and I’m keeping it, I wish you luck with yours whichever way you go.

No the 5.7 Hemi is not perfect, but Dodge has had many years working out the quirks. The 5.9 CTD has had growing pains as well as the 6.7 CTD. The fuel injected 318 and 360 magnum engines had quirks as well, and now the 3.0 is going through growing pains. I don't like the new the motor, but its not because its not a V8, I've already gone over my issues with it. I hope it works out for Rams sake.

The average consumer is not on a forum or trying to modify their truck either. So.... yes nothing has changed other than the engine and it's harder for the consumer to modify their trucks.
You said it yourself earlier, you wouldn't buy a new Stellantis...
That's great, but we're not talking about how the average driver perceives it, we're talking about how it actually IS.
Is it? New engines being torn down over misfire CELs that they can't resolve?

Guys who can't hack in and add options / enable factory power steps?

Once Stellantis figures it out, sure. IMO, very small improvements over previous years of the 5th gen....which is why it's a mid cycle refresh and NOT the 6th gen...

Trust me bud, I'm reading many posts from new members with similar questions (and answers) from when the 5th gen rolled out in 2018.

Windows stickers and packages are pretty similar as well...

What argument? Who is saying the hemi is better?

Your '25 is largely unchanged from my '19 - it's still considered the 5th gen. You guys have great trucks - just a few years late to the party. Many of us have been enjoying them for years now! 😉

Sharing good news so far. New 2025 Laramie hurricane SO. 833 miles, no CEL etc. I had one issue where the odometer was blinking for a short drive, but just stopped turned off and restarted and it went away. Otherwise love it, drives smooth, no sign of any issues. Fingers crossed and hoping more folks keep posting the good not just the bad.

2000 miles on my Rebel SST and I love it. Only complaints so far would be 1) The infotainment is a tad glitchy at times but I just go back to sources and hit the button again and it seems fine. It loves connecting my wifes phone over mine so that is annoying. 2) Shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd is a bit jumpy where it almost feels like it didn't mean to change gears so it seems a lil bit harsh unless I am mash the go pedal. 3) no memory seat (my fault though not the trucks). Other than that, I love everything about this new truck.

Just dropped off my truck for the CEL at 4306 miles. I was told it was going to take at least a week to look at it. They did mention they had a few truck with the same issue and a few had been there for just about a month. Get's me worried, but just hoping they will figure it out.

Just dropped off my truck for the CEL at 4306 miles. I was told it was going to take at least a week to look at it. They did mention they had a few truck with the same issue and a few had been there for just about a month. Get's me worried, but just hoping they will figure it out.
Sorry to hear. I am at almost 4K. It feels like Russian roulette before my time comes!
I am dropping off mine tomorrow because the stupid Uconnect system requires service nuance for the 2nd time.
My turn signal gets locked up at times during right-hand turns. The brake pedal at times makes a crunchy sound when I am breaking (like slipping a tooth on a cog). I assume it is the adjustable mechanism.

The interior plastic dash, door cards. etc. quality is worse than cheap plastic containers from China -- It may be a Big Horn thing.

Didn't say that was why. Just pointing out a guy who works at a dealer service dept wouldn't buy it...
Just l wouldn't buy any first year of anything. All of their first year products are trash. I have witnessed numerous flops by this company.

Just l wouldn't buy any first year of anything. All of their first year products are trash. I have witnessed numerous flops by this company.

While in the past I didn't care about first year issues, my 2015 F150 2.7L Ecoboost was all new, including the engine and aluminum body and my 2019 RAM Rebel, first year of the DT have all been relatively trouble free, I just don't feel confident about these days.

The manufacturers focusing on margins, giving us less and charging more is clear with all these first year issues, not just from RAM and Jeep, but look at Toyota right now. Its quite the risk these days. To spend so much money and have issues like this, wouldn't be a happy camper. I have to admire so many on this thread taking it with relative stride.

While in the past I didn't care about first year issues, my 2015 F150 2.7L Ecoboost was all new, including the engine and aluminum body and my 2019 RAM Rebel, first year of the DT have all been relatively trouble free, I just don't feel confident about these days.

The manufacturers focusing on margins, giving us less and charging more is clear with all these first year issues, not just from RAM and Jeep, but look at Toyota right now. Its quite the risk these days. To spend so much money and have issues like this, wouldn't be a happy camper. I have to admire so many on this thread taking it with relative stride.
No kidding, go to the Ford Lightning Forum, F150 Forum, BroncoG6, literally any single vehicle forum and look for posts with problems. Issues in modern vehicles is not surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back