5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

These engines will take advantage of the higher octane. so I run premium in both my 2024 Wrangler Rubicon with a 2.0 Hurricane and 2025 Rebel.
I've checked the sensors on my 2.0L Hurricane and it will do 25 psi of boost with 93 octane premium and only 21 psi with 87 octane regular.

Last edited:
These engines will take advantage of the higher octane. so I run premium in both my 2024 Wrangler Rubicon with a 2.0 Hurricane and 2025 Rebel.
I've checked the sensors on my 2.0L Hurricane and it will do 25 psi of boost with 93 octane premium and only 21 psi with 87 octane regular.
I wonder how much hp difference that adds up to?

Ok, in your opinion yes, but in reality?
THE ENGINE IS NOT COMPLICATED, there I said it. I am not negotiating anything. Engines are not complicated-I said it again.

Ya, but thats a negative having to use premium, it adds another $12.00 to a tank of fuel. Now if I owned a Ferrari, that be a reason to want to burn Premium.

Sure. It's not complicated but Stellantis can't get it right.
I think there's a difference in terminology here that's contributing to this. The guy I quoted seems to be talking about the actual engine itself, not ancillary stuff like programming and even turbo cooling systems. You're maybe talking about the whole package including that stuff? If so, I agree that the extra hardware adds components and therefore some complexity. I also agree that the basic engine itself is not complicated by being turbocharged.

I think there's a difference in terminology here that's contributing to this. The guy I quoted seems to be talking about the actual engine itself, not ancillary stuff like programming and even turbo cooling systems. You're maybe talking about the whole package including that stuff? If so, I agree that the extra hardware adds components and therefore some complexity. I also agree that the basic engine itself is not complicated by being turbocharged.
💯

Here are the codes I’m getting.
It seems like electrical gremlins going on.
Make sure to press in all the fuses so they are fully seated. My fuses for the Rebel and Wrangler were not fully seated.
Be sure to run 91 or 93 octane in these engines if you read Stellantis specs recommend premium fuel even though the manual says 87 is acceptable.

Hurricane3-41.jpg
1726410859523.png

Last edited:
I'm speaking in general, Stellantis seems to be Fing it up. If your brand new '25 is throwing CELs, do you care if it's hardware or software at fault?
What part of the engine have they not got right?
Well, neither of my twin turbo Ford's (2.7 and 3.5) ever threw a CEL in the 60k miles I had either them...so you pick.

I had the option of grabbing a Wagoneer or Escalade when I was on vacation recently, I'm sure you can guess which one I didn't pick!

I'm speaking in general, Stellantis seems to be Fing it up. If your brand new '25 is throwing CELs, do you care if it's hardware or software at fault?

Well, neither of my twin turbo Ford's (2.7 and 3.5) ever threw a CEL in the 60k miles I had either them...so you pick.

I had the option of grabbing a Wagoneer or Escalade when I was on vacation recently, I'm sure you can guess which one I didn't pick!
Ugh, Escalades. One of the worst experiences if you want a transmission to get over 40k on it. I would 100% take a Wagoneer over an Escalade. Anecdotal for sure but my Escalade sucked, my friends Grand Wagoneer hasn't had any issues.

You're absolutely right about that. However, that does not mean turbocharging is causing that, they've managed to screw plenty of non-turbo stuff up too.

I appluad you for driving Fords......
Very few issues with my '14 or '16, both bought new. Same with both my '19 Rams...

Not the case with the launch of the 25s...
Ugh, Escalades. One of the worst experiences if you want a transmission to get over 40k on it. I would 100% take a Wagoneer over an Escalade. Anecdotal for sure but my Escalade sucked, my friends Grand Wagoneer hasn't had any issues.
For 9 days in Yellowstone, it was great! Put 1,500 miles in it and she had 5k miles on her when I turned her back in. IMO, the Grand Wagoneers are fugly...
You're absolutely right about that. However, that does not mean turbocharging is causing that, they've managed to screw plenty of non-turbo stuff up too.
They didn't have issues with the '24 MY Rams though and aside from the engines, the '25s are largely the same as my '19...

Very few issues with my '14 or '16, both bought new. Same with both my '19 Rams...

Not the case with the launch of the 25s...

For 9 days in Yellowstone, it was great! Put 1,500 miles in it and she had 5k miles on her when I turned her back in. IMO, the Grand Wagoneers are fugly...

They didn't have issues with the '24 MY Rams though and aside from the engines, the '25s are largely the same as my '19...
Not at all, the software and electrical systems are very different from 2024 models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back