5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Quality

PetePA

Reaction score
Good point, though I think that's on initial quality.

That same survey also put Dodge at last place when it came to initial quality.

Weird that two Stellantis brands, one got the highest quality while the other one got the lowest.
I thought it was weird at first too. But after thinking about it, these different Stellantis plants are like mini cities (they're huge) or at least individual companies so I chalked it up to that.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is all anecdote and certainly not necessarily a crapshow. Recent actual data shows Ram 1500 has the least issues per truck of all competitors in that class.
Not including 2025’s I’m guessing.

Dewey

Reaction score
He kepts trying to say RAM is having issues because of short wire harnesses, which was never mentioned anywhere, simply because that was an issue with the Wagoneers.
This issue?

HOPEFULLY it doesn’t carry into the RAM’s.

PetePA

Reaction score
Regardless of everything we've seen, the only way we'll really know is to wait for the full picture. There will always be stories about amazing reliability and horrible reliability. The frustrating part about these stories is not when vehicle owners talk, or even complain, about their experiences... It's when these stories are shared with an agenda.

Data collected over time is the only way to paint a clear picture as to whether we're more or less likely to be telling a good or bad story about our individual experiences with Ram versus competitors.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regardless of everything we've seen, the only way we'll really know is to wait for the full picture. There will always be stories about amazing reliability and horrible reliability. The frustrating part about these stories is not when vehicle owners talk, or even complain, about their experiences... It's when these stories are shared with an agenda.

Data collected over time is the only way to paint a clear picture as to whether we're more or less likely to be telling a good or bad story about our individual experiences with Ram versus competitors.
Idk, it seems we have an abnormally high number of members with 2025s throwing check engine lights and being parked at dealer service departments.

That didn't happen when the "all-new" 2019 launched...

IMO, Rams only saving grace is that Ford and GM are being hit with recalls and reliability issues as well.

PetePA

Reaction score
Idk, it seems we have an abnormally high number of members with 2025s throwing check engine lights and being parked at dealer service departments.

That didn't happen when the "all-new" 2019 launched...

IMO, Rams only saving grace is that Ford and GM are being hit with recalls and reliability issues as well.

Therein lies the problem! Please don't take this personally, and feel free to pick apart any of my posts... what goes around comes around, and I'm okay with that :) -

"it seems" - it's just speculation, no data to compare

"abnormally high number of members" - I've seen folks join the forum and post 1-2 times and complain about a problem. No good data to compare good/bad experiences vs. sales compared to Ford/GM.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This issue?

HOPEFULLY it doesn’t carry into the RAM’s.
Jeeps were brand new platform, new wiring harness. Working in the custom harness field for aircraft, theres always issues with lengths. We generyshoot for too long though. The Rams have been built long enough you'd hope they know lengths

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem! Please don't take this personally, and feel free to pick apart any of my posts... what goes around comes around, and I'm okay with that :) -

"it seems" - it's just speculation, no data to compare

"abnormally high number of members" - I've seen folks join the forum and post 1-2 times and complain about a problem. No good data to compare good/bad experiences vs. sales compared to Ford/GM.
Nothing personal about it. I didn't do a search and going from my memory, trucks weren't throwing check engine lights like this back in 2018 during the new truck launch.

It's doubtful I'd have ordered if that (or the major manufacturing delays were occurring). I didn't need a new truck, I was just at the 2yr/60k milestone which is when I replaced them back then...

There was a lot of speculation about the engine not being new, just new to Ram, but it seems Stellantis got something wrong with this.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing personal about it. I didn't do a search and going from my memory, trucks weren't throwing check engine lights like this back in 2018 during the new truck launch.

It's doubtful I'd have ordered if that (or the major manufacturing delays were occurring). I didn't need a new truck, I was just at the 2yr/60k milestone which is when I replaced them back then...

There was a lot of speculation about the engine not being new, just new to Ram, but it seems Stellantis got something wrong with this.
The issue isn't with the engine though, it's the electronics

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue isn't with the engine though, it's the electronics
While true, it doesn't change my statement nor do they have a fix for it yet...

Regardless, I'm sure the guys with '25s sitting at the shop aren't happy...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
A certain manufacturer's quality went downhill before their move to Mexico and other countries so they could leave US. We had to fix the garbage until the doors closed. Don't be surprised what a company would do.
For sure. John Deere being the latest to abandon the American worker.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yeah I seen that. IA and IL losing jobs...
I‘m a conservative but I hate what some major companies are doing to American workers. The company press release talks about “…positioning the company for the future”.

This comment on the story of JD moving is pretty close to what I think of their plan. “John Deere has laid off roughly 1000 workers so far this year. But the company reported a profit of over $10 billion in 2023. Its CEO received $26.7 million in total compensation. And it spent over $7 billion on stock buybacks. Textbook corporate greed.”

silver billet

Reaction score
Well the stellantis ceo was recently in the USA and he wants to reduce American costs by 30%, which would include closing the American head quarters/building. Expect more offshore development and production, I won't be back for a new ram (but we knew that already).

Users who are viewing this thread