5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Reaction score
The new high output sst’s are going to be badass I can’t wait to test drive once they hit the lots. A mechanic friend of mine said they have been bullet proof in the wagoneers, should be good.

Last edited:

HowDoYouTruck

Reaction score
A deafening silence.
I think we're all just holding our breath at this point. I did see that the new Limited that showed up at the high-end was only 300 away from my VIN. That doesn't mean anything since they don't build sequentially but it gives me hope, lol.

PetePA

Reaction score
Anyone have any good news to share?
I have a 2025 Bighorn parked outside my office window at work. Someone must have bought it last week. It has the night edition package and the 12.5" screen. It's billet silver. IT LOOKS AMAZING! 😎😎😎

GTRam

Reaction score
I have a 2025 Bighorn parked outside my office window at work. Someone must have bought it last week. It has the night edition package and the 12.5" screen. It's billet silver. IT LOOKS AMAZING! 😎😎😎

That's my color, maybe all I need is a Big Horn with RHO graphics and call it good :)

quarter piece

Reaction score
Got tired of waiting and no movement on my order. Went with the original plan and got a 2024 2500 Laramie diesel. Hope everything works out for those willing to wait on a 2025. Look forward to hearing about the new for ram powerplant.

Sent from my K118 using Tapatalk

PetePA

Reaction score
Here is updated data.

Trim:
-Limiteds continue to increase. They've exceeded Tradesmen. If you look at the 2024 graph, you'll see that the rate of sale of Limiteds and Tradesmen is about the same. If you consider the quantity of Tradesmen that are already on dealer lot, this surge of Limiteds makes sense - they're catching up. This is also supported by a slight decrease in Tradesmen production. I'd expect the two to level out at some point - or maybe Limited being lower than Tradesmen as Tungsten might cannibalize some Limited sales.
-Laramie is ticking up a bit. Maybe they're selling better than expected?

2024: Nothing too interesting.

Year: The 2024 model sales are slowing. They're selling on average 163 trucks per day since mid April, but a little less per day more recently. Maybe some incentives went away - I think someone said that this was intentional as SHAP will be down 3.5 weeks starting this weekend.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 2024.JPG
    2024.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Year.JPG
    Year.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 4

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
Here is updated data.

Trim:
-Limiteds continue to increase. They've exceeded Tradesmen. If you look at the 2024 graph, you'll see that the rate of sale of Limiteds and Tradesmen is about the same. If you consider the quantity of Tradesmen that are already on dealer lot, this surge of Limiteds makes sense - they're catching up. This is also supported by a slight decrease in Tradesmen production. I'd expect the two to level out at some point - or maybe Limited being lower than Tradesmen as Tungsten might cannibalize some Limited sales.
-Laramie is ticking up a bit. Maybe they're selling better than expected?

2024: Nothing too interesting.

Year: The 2024 model sales are slowing. They're selling on average 163 trucks per day since mid April, but a little less per day more recently. Maybe some incentives went away - I think someone said that this was intentional as SHAP will be down 3.5 weeks starting this weekend.
Pete, thanks for this information. It is always interesting.

Question #1: What is happening to production per day? Is it increasing or decreasing and by how much?

Question #2: Do you have any insight into the Model Years being built over this period?

Question #3: That is a big jump in Limiteds after being a small number. Does this indicate they are concentrating on Limiteds and once they fulfill orders in full or some part, they will move to another model and give its production a spurt? Or was there another reason for the low Limited production and they are catching up and they'll level out at some amount.

Question #4: Selfishly, I only care about the Rebel. Is there a way to tell if they are still producing 2024's or have moved on to the 2025 and in particular the 2025 Rebel X?

PetePA

Reaction score
Pete, thanks for this information. It is always interesting.

Question #1: What is happening to production per day? Is it increasing or decreasing and by how much?

Question #2: Do you have any insight into the Model Years being built over this period?

Question #3: That is a big jump in Limiteds after being a small number. Does this indicate they are concentrating on Limiteds and once they fulfill orders in full or some part, they will move to another model and give its production a spurt? Or was there another reason for the low Limited production and they are catching up and they'll level out at some amount.

Question #4: Selfishly, I only care about the Rebel. Is there a way to tell if they are still producing 2024's or have moved on to the 2025 and in particular the 2025 Rebel X?

1. There's no way to tell from the data, but from being in manufacturing myself it's always a goal to increase production provided the sales are there. That said, production will probably be zero over the next 3.5 weeks due to the SHAP shutdown. You could probably back calculate production by looking at beginning and ending inventory numbers ("on dealer lot" and "in transit") and Stellantis quarterly sales data... but that's after the fact.

2. Only 2025 is in production for the 1500s.

3. No way to be certain, but it appears that they're phasing/batching to a much greater degree than I understand they've done in the past. This might tie to the CEO's comments about poor manufacturing decision making. There are differences within the trims, so batching larger numbers in theory should improve productivity of the plant. That might be what they're doing.

4. They're only producing 2025s and I don't see any Rebel X being produced.

Users who are viewing this thread