5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

UNSAFE

Reaction score
Just some stream of consciousness thoughts on the situation.

I can't help but think that issues brought out in the recent articles (links below) are at play here, especially the "quality" issues which concern me. I question will they actually be able to solve these quality issues before we take delivery of our vehicles (maybe January 2025 - anything's possible at this point :unsure:) or will the 2025's be a bad year quality wise? Should I cancel until the smoke clears at Stellantis/Ram? My trust and confidence in the product is rapidly waning actually causing me to question purchasing a 2025. Maybe hold on to my '06 Ranger and wait for the '26 Ram?

Reminds me of the adage: Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Stellantis CEO cites failures in US operations, ready to compete head-on with Chinese EVs​

Stellantis may cut many jobs in Metro Detroit: What we know​

Cost-cutting measures could lead to significant job loss​

GTRam

Reaction score

I can't help but think that issues brought out in the recent articles (links below) are at play here, especially the "quality" issues which concern me. I question will they actually be able to solve these quality issues before we take delivery of our vehicles (maybe January 2025 - anything's possible at this point :unsure:) or will the 2025's be a bad year quality wise? Should I cancel until the smoke clears at Stellantis/Ram? My trust and confidence in the product is rapidly waning actually causing me to question purchasing a 2025. Maybe hold on to my '06 Ranger and wait for the '26 Ram?

Reminds me of the adage: Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Stellantis CEO cites failures in US operations, ready to compete head-on with Chinese EVs​

Stellantis may cut many jobs in Metro Detroit: What we know​

Cost-cutting measures could lead to significant job loss​

Thanks for that corporate insight......it is disheartening, especially the second one. Maybe just me, but it seems every time I hear the globalist ideology, the US has to pay for it and takes last place.

Serpens

Reaction score
Thanks for that corporate insight......it is disheartening, especially the second one. Maybe just me, but it seems every time I hear the globalist ideology, the US has to pay for it and takes last place.

You’re not getting the full picture. Job cuts in Stellantis aren’t just happening in the U.S. for the record.

GTRam

Reaction score
You’re not getting the full picture. Job cuts in Stellantis aren’t just happening in the U.S. for the record.
Please fill me in....I was unaware of all this farming out of US jobs to india, brazil, etc.

I see 80k - 90k US FCA employees eliminated by Stellantis in the US since 2020 according this video:

Last edited:

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
If you've followed the forum recently, this is the new Stellantis way.

FCA wasn't like this, I had my '19 Ram in under 45 days, back in the summer of 2018. Even less time for my '16 F150 in the summer of 2016, with timely answers when I made order status inquiries.
I remember my ‘19 Ltd was built in under 60 days, but then FCA ”renegotiated” the depot/train yard from Santa Rosa to Albuquerque and my truck sat in the yard for weeks with the dealer unable to get it out. I had to play real hard-ball before they’d go up the chain to FCA and have the bee-yacht running the yard ordered to release it. It’s always something… (And I have my fingers crossed that the ‘something’ isn’t too much to bear on the RamCharger)

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score

I can't help but think that issues brought out in the recent articles (links below) are at play here, especially the "quality" issues which concern me. I question will they actually be able to solve these quality issues before we take delivery of our vehicles (maybe January 2025 - anything's possible at this point :unsure:) or will the 2025's be a bad year quality wise?

Just my 2 cents.....
Degradation of quality isn't a Ram thing, its the pathway for just about everything.
Charge more and use cheaper stuff.
I should have purchased a truck about 5 years ago because I would hate to buy any truck now and for the foreseeable future.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents.....
Degradation of quality isn't a Ram thing, its the pathway for just about everything.
Charge more and use cheaper stuff.
I should have purchased a truck about 5 years ago because I would hate to buy any truck now and for the foreseeable future.
Are you still a "Ram 1500 Owner Maybe" five years later?! You never bought?

PetePA

Reaction score
Limiteds are still ramping up but still only one with group A. I'll be calling the dealership tomorrow to check on my Tungsten status. In the Order Update thread, someone mentioned that their Tungsten is in D1 status.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 8

dcchris311

Reaction score
There's now a $90,135 Limited being built!!! It also has a sale pending status!!! Is that anyone's Limited being built?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240623_214928_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_214928_Chrome.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 15

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
Limiteds are still ramping up but still only one with group A. I'll be calling the dealership tomorrow to check on my Tungsten status. In the Order Update thread, someone mentioned that their Tungsten is in D1 status.
Thanks Pete. But, I'm new to Ram and ordering a custom pickup so I'm still confused. Does this chart tell us two things (and those things only): The % of Bighorns is declining (I see dealer inventory stacked with Bighorns) and the % of Limiteds is going up. But, at the same time, it tells us nothing about when our specific truck will be scheduled?

If true, because car companies are essentially large assemblers (some components procured and others purchased), they have a comprehensive Materials Resource Plan and Enterprise Resource Plan (together their plan for manufacturing) which has visibility to the future in a form similar to this past chart. For the life of me, it makes no sense not to share at least a vision for the future of what is happening when.

PetePA

Reaction score
Thanks Pete. But, I'm new to Ram and ordering a custom pickup so I'm still confused. Does this chart tell us two things (and those things only): The % of Bighorns is declining (I see dealer inventory stacked with Bighorns) and the % of Limiteds is going up. But, at the same time, it tells us nothing about when our specific truck will be scheduled?
Correct.

If true, because car companies are essentially large assemblers (some components procured and others purchased), they have a comprehensive Materials Resource Plan and Enterprise Resource Plan (together their plan for manufacturing) which has visibility to the future in a form similar to this past chart. For the life of me, it makes no sense not to share at least a vision for the future of what is happening when.
This is my best attempt to give us some insight into the vision as to what will happen in the future. The most interesting thing that the data has shown is that every ~27 days, the SHAP plant ramps up production on something new... well, at least that has been true since March.

I'm not certain what they'll ramp up mid-July (not July 1 due to their shutdown). It could be Warlock (there are 2 in production already, but I don't have that in the graphs yet) or Tungsten (someone moved into D1 status recently, but no production is shown currently).

UNSAFE

Reaction score
Correct.

This is my best attempt to give us some insight into the vision as to what will happen in the future. The most interesting thing that the data has shown is that every ~27 days, the SHAP plant ramps up production on something new... well, at least that has been true since March.

I'm not certain what they'll ramp up mid-July (not July 1 due to their shutdown). It could be Warlock (there are 2 in production already, but I don't have that in the graphs yet) or Tungsten (someone moved into D1 status recently, but no production is shown currently).
Did they have a 2-week shutdown earlier this month also?

GTRam

Reaction score
There has been much discussion concerning "Quality" issues due to a variety of expressed manufacturing/supply chain challenges.

Question: Can anyone comment on any quality issues they have experienced with their new 2025 truck? or should this be a new topic to track quality issues?

GTRam

Reaction score
Odd when searching through existing inventory on rams website I don’t see that truck.
Look at these:

Select filters "Nationwide' and "Price High to Low"

Dealership listing....

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the life of me, it makes no sense not to share at least a vision for the future of what is happening when.
Special orders are such a small part of the business, they likely don't care.
There has been much discussion concerning "Quality" issues due to a variety of expressed manufacturing/supply chain challenges.

Question: Can anyone comment on any quality issues they have experienced with their new 2025 truck? or should this be a new topic to track quality issues?
Couple guys have posted about check engine lights in another thread, someone a few weeks back said they were impressed with body panel gaps and overall build quality...

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Look at these:

Select filters "Nationwide' and "Price High to Low"

Dealership listing....
Yeah unsure why one ram resource shows certain trucks and another doesn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jako