5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

GTRam

Reaction score
Here are some updated graphs.

If you want to see something in addition to this, please let me know.

Here are some highlights:
-Rebel % continues to creep up.
-Laramie % had dropped but looks to be holding steady at 31%.
-You can't really see it in the graph, but there are a total of 29 Limited shown with the big jump happening in the last couple of days

-The color chart is boring. Nothing happening there really... everything is holding steady.

-A couple of days ago is when 2025s finally exceeded 2024s. That doesn't mean you'll see more 2025s in the lots yet, it just means that there are more 2025s with all statuses than there are 2024s.
-You can see the rate of drop of 2024s. It's a rate of 1337 2024s sold per week. That's 19 weeks or around September before the 2024s are gone... if the current rate of sale stays the same. It may go down considering the dealerships will be getting more 2025s.
Is there anyway to telling what the next trim build sequencing is i.e. Tungsten's, RHO's?

dammitbobby

Reaction score
So I reached out to my dealer for my monthly check in, they have no idea when production will spike for higher trims they did say though that the plant should only be shut down for 2 weeks in July they haven’t heard anything about the entire month.

PetePA

Reaction score
Is there anyway to telling what the next trim build sequencing is i.e. Tungsten's, RHO's?
It seems that they make 1-2 of each trim before going into production. That trim right now is warlock, unfortunately. So, they either go into warlock AND another trim in July, or they ramp up warlock and we continue to wait for the higher level trims.

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
Here are some updated graphs.

If you want to see something in addition to this, please let me know.

Here are some highlights:
-Rebel % continues to creep up.
-Laramie % had dropped but looks to be holding steady at 31%.
-You can't really see it in the graph, but there are a total of 29 Limited shown with the big jump happening in the last couple of days

-The color chart is boring. Nothing happening there really... everything is holding steady.

-A couple of days ago is when 2025s finally exceeded 2024s. That doesn't mean you'll see more 2025s in the lots yet, it just means that there are more 2025s with all statuses than there are 2024s.
-You can see the rate of drop of 2024s. It's a rate of 1337 2024s sold per week. That's 19 weeks or around September before the 2024s are gone... if the current rate of sale stays the same. It may go down considering the dealerships will be getting more 2025s.
Thank you for this. But, as first time Ram custom orderer, regarding 2025's, my question is:

Are these production numbers more or less than normal in total,

Do custom orders go behind dealer stock orders or vice versa,

Do they manufacture by model then equipment package (i.e. a string of Rebels by one equipment package, then the next equipment package) or equipment package then model (i.e. Package 2 across all models then Package 1 across all models), and

Can we see how many of the 2025's are going to custom orders vs. dealer stock?

PetePA

Reaction score
Thank you for this. But, as first time Ram custom orderer, regarding 2025's, my question is:

Do they manufacture by model then equipment package (i.e. a string of Rebels by one equipment package, then the next equipment package) or equipment package then model (i.e. Package 2 across all models then Package 1 across all models), and

I've only been looking at the data for a few months since it's my first time ordering.

Short answer is that I don't know. However, it appears that they're doing trim then packages with the limiteds.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What we're seeing now is not the norm from years past, so it's anyone's guess at this point...

GTRam

Reaction score
I think is has come down to incentive reward......

1. We find out who schedules the manufacturing build sequence at SHAP plant
2. We provide him our VIN numbers for what we would like built
3. As forum group, we reward his generosity for building our trucks!!

What do you think......grass roots "Ramenomics" !!

Last edited:

Serpens

Reaction score
If you've followed the forum recently, this is the new Stellantis way.

FCA wasn't like this, I had my '19 Ram in under 45 days, back in the summer of 2018. Even less time for my '16 F150 in the summer of 2016, with timely answers when I made order status inquiries.

I don't think this is the new Stellantis way as much as an indication of everything happening at SHAP. I've talked to enough current Stellantis employees at this point, both at the plant and at corporate, to understand that plant ops are a mess. SHAP and another plant that I'll leave unnamed to protect my sources are getting lots of attention now to help sort out plant production issues, namely from a quality perspective. Let's just say some FCA-era "habits" are clashing with Stellantis practices in their other plants.

This all to say we're bearing the consequences of all of this drama and product is delayed. The new Dodge Charger is delayed too...haven't heard anything yet about the Jeep Wagoneer S, the other new product that should be coming out soon.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think this is the new Stellantis way as much as an indication of everything happening at SHAP. I've talked to enough current Stellantis employees at this point, both at the plant and at corporate, to understand that plant ops are a mess. SHAP and another plant that I'll leave unnamed to protect my sources are getting lots of attention now to help sort out plant production issues, namely from a quality perspective. Let's just say some FCA-era "habits" are clashing with Stellantis practices in their other plants.

This all to say we're bearing the consequences of all of this drama and product is delayed. The new Dodge Charger is delayed too...haven't heard anything yet about the Jeep Wagoneer S, the other new product that should be coming out soon.
I'm not sure how much plant ops plays a role, if they aren't building the higher trims, it's likely due to a parts availability issue.

Once the parts are secured, trucks are scheduled to be built (is my understanding anyways).

MT755

Reaction score
I could see a slow start up if they had completely redesigned the truck but not a refresh. The engine is new to Ram but its been in production for 2 years so....

GTRam

Reaction score
As therapy.....I thought I would sum-up the custom order concerns voiced in this forum and the RHO forum:

1. Corporate Plant management/employee relation issues
2. Plant processing and quality issues
3. Custom order processing , i.e. restriction's and option's availability
4. Parts shortages - Higher trims
5. Supplier lawsuits
6. Corporate manufacturing business strategy, i.e. selection and volume of models / trims being built
7. Inconsistent Dealership and RamTruck customer service communications
8. Lack of manufacturing build sheets to support forecasting of custom orders
9. **Lack of corporate communications to level set customer order expectations**
10. Any others.....

Your thoughts?

PetePA

Reaction score
As therapy.....I thought I would sum-up the custom order concerns voiced in this forum and the RHO forum:

5. Supplier lawsuits
6. Corporate manufacturing business strategy, i.e. selection and volume of models / trims being built
9. **Lack of corporate communications to level set customer order expectations**
10. Any others.....

Your thoughts?
😭

MT755

Reaction score
Choosing the cheapest supplier vs the cheapest that has the quality that the customers want. Stellantis needs to implement QA for sourced parts.

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score

5. Supplier lawsuits
10. Any others.....

Your thoughts?
What I don’t understand is the lack of communication. While I would love specifics regarding my order, much would be served by a macro communication that outlines issues, their strategies to solve them, and broad windows when they might be solved. Being an “ostrich” is foolish.

GTRam

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is the lack of communication. While I would love specifics regarding my order, much would be served by a macro communication that outlines issues, their strategies to solve them, and broad windows when they might be solved. Being an “ostrich” is foolish.
I strongly agree with you, if I could, I would send this list of concerns to whomever is "accountable" to obtain "exactly" what you have outlined above.....a traditional PM approach to level set customer expectations.

Wonder who is "accountable"?

FloridaSun

Reaction score
On Wall Street they say "things happen in 2's" meaning (EPS) earnings, revenue, trends with company....Q1 was -10% revenue and -12% on shipping....sounds like they will be right again for Q2 earnings. In Q1 the CEO did confirm profit for the rest of the year...maintain a 10-11% profit margin for the year (at the time I thought what? and how?)...the Board then rewarded stock holders with an increase in dividend and increase in stock buybacks.

GTRam

Reaction score
On Wall Street they say "things happen in 2's" meaning (EPS) earnings, revenue, trends with company....Q1 was -10% revenue and -12% on shipping....sounds like they will be right again for Q2 earnings. In Q1 the CEO did confirm profit for the rest of the year...maintain a 10-11% profit margin for the year (at the time I thought what? and how?)...the Board then rewarded stock holders with an increase in dividend and increase in stock buybacks.
Interesting, that seems to say in the "big picture" our Ram truck custom orders must be a small revenue stream.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Choosing the cheapest supplier vs the cheapest that has the quality that the customers want. Stellantis needs to implement QA for sourced parts.
Unfortunately everyone (company) is doing it even the company where I work.
Get rid of good software to use the free or lowest cost which guess what ends up being more expensive in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread