5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

lonepeak

Reaction score
Thanks PetePA for the updates and hope you are correct. Here's financial update on Stellantis. Yade Yada, glad they doing well. However, there is nothing here about ensuring Quality, only about laying off and transferring employees. The article alludes to parts issues, cost reductions, self serving CEO comments, etc. This was for "investors day" - ok they got to make money but did one person ask about how Quality will be maintained or concerns of customers? It didn't jump out at me or even nudge me. Ford and GM will be introducing the '25s soon. Yes, they will have their problems also but I'm no longer excited about RAM - maybe I'll hold out.

Serpens

Reaction score
You should look around at other articles. He publicly acknowledged the quality problems at 2 plants, without naming names. We all know one of them was the Ram plant.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I'm remiss but excuse my haste given 6 mo of advertising the upper trims with no communication whatsoever as to availability or future production. I only hope that the engineers and employees who are undoubtedly driving a few of these upper trims with the HO will work out any quality issues that normally appear in first year vehicles, at least the electronics and the HO. Maybe its parts availability, marketing or quality issues but us small contingent of potential buyers and completed orders would like some crumbs. Perhaps things will be perfect.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Limiteds production has just exceeded both Rebel and Lone Star for the first time. Getting close to Level A and Tungsten!

Edit: It's looking like all the rumors about them ramping up the Level A (and possibly Tungsten) immediately after the shutdown are trending in a true direction.

Edit 2: It appears that there has been exactly 27 days between ramp-ups. If that holds true, the next ramp up will be July 1. However, due to the shutdown, I would imagine the ramp up happens afterwards (so late July).

The BIG questions - will the next ramp up be Level A Limited? Will it include Tungsten? Will it be something lame like Tradesman HFE?
Thanks for the updates they are appreciated, however if they haven’t made progress and the trucks don’t go into production until late July I’m afraid I will be out.
My basis for this is we have all sat and watched them build way more lower level trucks than they can possibly sell in a short time. While they have put off the highest margin trucks that are sold. The parts thing don’t jive anymore since the one limited we all found earlier in the week completly loaded got a build date. I’m sorry but that’s just wrong and bad business. It will take a heck of a carrot to change my mind on that at this point. I’m very upset by this and we leave in 3 weeks for vacation and I have nothing to pull the boat with. If I knew this was going to be such a fiasco I would have went another route in January instead of this one.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates they are appreciated, however if they haven’t made progress and the trucks don’t go into production until late July I’m afraid I will be out.
My basis for this is we have all sat and watched them build way more lower level trucks than they can possibly sell in a short time. While they have put off the highest margin trucks that are sold. The parts thing don’t jive anymore since the one limited we all found earlier in the week completly loaded got a build date. I’m sorry but that’s just wrong and bad business. It will take a heck of a carrot to change my mind on that at this point. I’m very upset by this and we leave in 3 weeks for vacation and I have nothing to pull the boat with. If I knew this was going to be such a fiasco I would have went another route in January instead of this one.
As much as I agree with you. I’ve been looking these last few weeks. Nothing compares to the ram for me, I guess if I absolutely had to I’d get another Denali. But even the Denali is missing the it factor the ram has.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as I agree with you. I’ve been looking these last few weeks. Nothing compares to the ram for me, I guess if I absolutely had to I’d get another Denali. But even the Denali is missing the it factor the ram has.
What does Ram have over the Denali? Denali has Super Cruise.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I made a post somewhere on this forum about it before but I owned a 2024 denali late last year that ended up being a lemon. But it’s the little things that the Denali doesn’t have, air suspension, ram boxes, more center console storage, massage seats on a truck that isn’t 90k, overhead storage for sunglasses, full screen apple CarPlay, the 2024 Denali has a god awful camera system in low lighting like you cannot see if there isn’t plenty of light, the rams running boards are wider so you can step on it and not side step. the list goes on.

Serpens

Reaction score

I guess I’m just more patient for my Tungsten because this is fairly normal in the luxury car market. One option can cause a production delay of a year if you’re serious about wanting it. I’m actually still waiting for a 911 that I ordered 9 months ago. Meanwhile base models and certain trims are either part of dealer stock or have a quick turnaround.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I made a post somewhere on this forum about it before but I owned a 2024 denali late last year that ended up being a lemon. But it’s the little things that the Denali doesn’t have, air suspension, ram boxes, more center console storage, massage seats on a truck that isn’t 90k, overhead storage for sunglasses, full screen apple CarPlay, the 2024 Denali has a god awful camera system in low lighting like you cannot see if there isn’t plenty of light, the rams running boards are wider so you can step on it and not side step. the list goes on.
I agree with everything you said. mainly the reason I switched to Ram. but this rollout for a new pick up where you really have to outpace what the other 2 brands are doing is terrible. it's like waiting on an apple to ripen that's blossoms got frozen. it is supposed to ripen this year, but it will take 2 is what I feel like this rollout is.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I forgot the Escalade I was in didn't have a sunglasses holder. GM has upped there materials from years past, but sounds like they still have some catching up to do... if Ram ever builds these!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Thanks. I forgot the Escalade I was in didn't have a sunglasses holder. GM has upped there materials from years past, but sounds like they still have some catching up to do... if Ram ever builds these!
Honestly I could excuse everything with the Denali that bothered me because I loved that truck for the short time I had it, everything except the camera system. I live on a street with no street lights backing into my driveway was a nightmare for 85k I expected perfection. Especially when my father in law has a 2021 Denali and the camera is fine in low light.

AleksanderSuave

Reaction score
The problem with a Sierra denali is now buying which of the two engines you think is less likely to self-destruct early on.

GM is already in "customer satisfaction campaign" mode for the 6.2 v8, AKA voluntarily replacing engines, due to a very high premature failure rate (likely attempting to avoid the all-but-guaranteed class action they were going to face). They're in damage control mode because the 8 speed transmission class action just got approved on the 2014-2019, and the lawyers have already filed a secondary lawsuit to include the 2020-2023 transmissions as well (which will likely get approved, as its the same design as the previous yaers). The 3.0 diesel isnt stellar at this point either..and not ideal for those who take short trips...and you'd be doing yourself a dis-service to buy denali trim and willingly take the dog 5.3 v8, which is known to be more problematic than both of the other two engines, combined.

Thats not to mention leaking roofs, known problems with the new infotainment system (software upgrades frying headlights), losing sound entirely...and known problems with the new tailgate latch, with it opening on its own while driving, due to water getting into the new electronic-only controls.

Whatever you choose to spend 70K+ on nowadays, you may be surprised at the quality issues you run into, regardless of brand. Toyota sure as hell isnt a safe bet anymore either.

bullitt_60

Reaction score

I have tried both Super Cruise and Bluecruise and I don't think I would use it. Both systems were interesting and worked but I was more anxious with the system on than off. I don't think that's their intention, but I'll do the driving, thanks! Do you like it?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The problem with a Sierra denali is now buying which of the two engines you think is less likely to self-destruct early on.

GM is already in "customer satisfaction campaign" mode for the 6.2 v8, AKA voluntarily replacing engines, due to a very high premature failure rate (likely attempting to avoid the all-but-guaranteed class action they were going to face). They're in damage control mode because the 8 speed transmission class action just got approved on the 2014-2019, and the lawyers have already filed a secondary lawsuit to include the 2020-2023 transmissions as well (which will likely get approved, as its the same design as the previous yaers). The 3.0 diesel isnt stellar at this point either..and not ideal for those who take short trips...and you'd be doing yourself a dis-service to buy denali trim and willingly take the dog 5.3 v8, which is known to be more problematic than both of the other two engines, combined.

Thats not to mention leaking roofs, known problems with the new infotainment system (software upgrades frying headlights), losing sound entirely...and known problems with the new tailgate latch, with it opening on its own while driving, due to water getting into the new electronic-only controls.

Whatever you choose to spend 70K+ on nowadays, you may be surprised at the quality issues you run into, regardless of brand. Toyota sure as hell isnt a safe bet anymore either.
Every brand has issues, including Ram. Verdict is unknown on how the Hurricane will do in the trucks.

I have tried both Super Cruise and Bluecruise and I don't think I would use it. Both systems were interesting and worked but I was more anxious with the system on than off. I don't think that's their intention, but I'll do the driving, thanks! Do you like it?
I had it in an Escalade rental for just over a week. I used it often, you still have to pay attention though, it'll deactivate if you don't. My wife had a similar reaction to yours. No idea how often I'd use it in a daily driver.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
@Ramboy13 They have a Forged Blue Metallic Laramie up on the site. I bet you'll be able to order your Tungsten in that color soon.
That’s awesome. Can’t check right now but soon as I can I will. And touch base with Anthony @ Mark Dodge.
You have me very excited now. Hope tungsten’s are open!

Users who are viewing this thread