5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Limited Custom Order Help

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I didn't even think of checking MD for something similar to my build. Looks like that ones missing the Multi-Functional tailgate too. But seeing those photos of Patriot Blue with Night Edition...I think I'm going to really like this truck when it comes in.

Think I've decided to call back tomorrow and see if I can put my name on and a deposit down on this Limited coming in.
Of course, you can't go wrong with silver!

Attachments

• IMG_7366.jpg
    IMG_7366.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 26

bronco44

Reaction score
I love the blue with the night edition. This was my first choice, but I had to go with Billet Silver because a deal to good to pass up came along.
Dang that is gorgeous. You are 100% right, Night Edition is the way to go. This truck can not get to that lot fast enough now lol

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks so good in silver - that hue in particular & especially in motion. I kinda still wish I went that route.

You’d have to wait longer for the build vs what’s coming in obviously but are they not discounting the build price? When I ordered mine the ones on the lot were 72k & higher & no dealers in my area were budging on lot price but several were discounting new build price. I built one with an MSRP of a little over 75k & the sale price was 68k.

bronco44

Reaction score
It looks so good in silver - that hue in particular & especially in motion. I kinda still wish I went that route.

You’d have to wait longer for the build vs what’s coming in obviously but are they not discounting the build price? When I ordered mine the ones on the lot were 72k & higher & no dealers in my area were budging on lot price but several were discounting new build price. I built one with an MSRP of a little over 75k & the sale price was 68k.
I'm going to call tomorrow and make sure that I'm getting somewhere near invoice like they told me for my custom build. Custom build was somewhere around $74k, have to imagine swapping Elite for Night edition will add another ~$3k. So if I am told a price of around $76k or $77k, I think I'll be doing ok (hopefully). I know that's not an insane discount but doubt I'll get much of one on a Limited trim anyway no matter how long I wait.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I'm going to call tomorrow and make sure that I'm getting somewhere near invoice like they told me for my custom build. Custom build was somewhere around $74k, have to imagine swapping Elite for Night edition will add another ~$3k. So if I am told a price of around $76k or $77k, I think I'll be doing ok (hopefully). I know that's not an insane discount but doubt I'll get much of one on a Limited trim anyway no matter how long I wait.
Lord, what's the MSRP? They must have really jumped since the summer. My MSRP was $78K loaded 5.7L without the tailgate, ramboxes and trailer steering thing.

bronco44

Reaction score
Lord, what's the MSRP? They must have really jumped since the summer. My MSRP was $78K loaded 5.7L without the tailgate, ramboxes and trailer steering thing.
Window sticker says $83,355, which is actually $500 cheaper than using Rams online builder 🎉. Just went over my build sheet from this dealer and they added the Elite package and tailgate even though it's included. So I'd have to guess invoice for this window sticker build would be right around $76,700.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In hindsight, sometimes I wish I would’ve went the Sport trim route & done the rest of the night edition details myself since you get the same hood. Probably save money, especially on the interest at least.

bronco44

Reaction score
My disappoint is immeasurable. Finally heard back from the dealer and that truck was a "custom order for the owner" to use for advertising and they won't sell to me unless I pay MSRP.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My disappoint is immeasurable. Finally heard back from the dealer and that truck was a "custom order for the owner" to use for advertising and they won't sell to me unless I pay MSRP.

Man, this sounds shady as hell too! What the hell is going on up there?! Lol

bronco44

Reaction score
Man, this sounds shady as hell too! What the hell is going on up there?! Lol
I wish I knew. Not to mention, it took me 4 calls and over 6 hours just to get that answer.

I emailed the same salesman right after asking him to give me an out-the-door price on my new build (I should mention he built my initial build wrong). Absolutely 0 reply from them. So I guess they just do not want my business.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wish I knew. Not to mention, it took me 4 calls and over 6 hours just to get that answer.

I emailed the same salesman right after asking him to give me an out-the-door price on my new build (I should mention he built my initial build wrong). Absolutely 0 reply from them. So I guess they just do not want my business.
Hate to say so, but it doesn't surprise me. Any of what you just went though.
Almost all dealers in the North East suck. Must be something in the water...

bronco44

Reaction score
Hate to say so, but it doesn't surprise me. Any of what you just went though.
Almost all dealers in the North East suck. Must be something in the water...
Yea I'm really at a loss on what to do here. Not sure I'm going to be able to find a great dealer in my area and the savings vs travel/delivery fees doesn't make sense for ordering from MD or others. Currently floating between these 3 options:
  1. Order from that PA dealer that quoted me $72,500 but is likely under valuing my trade-in
  2. Find a 2022 that has most of what I want and just be happy
  3. Keep my car for another year and hope dealers are better next year

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Yea I'm really at a loss on what to do here. Not sure I'm going to be able to find a great dealer in my area and the savings vs travel/delivery fees doesn't make sense for ordering from MD or others. Currently floating between these 3 options:
  1. Order from that PA dealer that quoted me $72,500 but is likely under valuing my trade-in
Your trade will go down 20% in the next year. I like the 2022 instrument cluster, and other than that they are the same truck.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Your trade will go down 20% in the next year. I like the 2022 instrument cluster, and other than that they are the same truck.
I also wouldn’t count on dealers being better next year.

If it were me, I’d sell your current car privately. Or if you have any AutoNation dealers around you, you can get a quote for selling your vehicle to them (Sell My Car | Sell or Trade Your Car Online | AutoNation).

I know you don’t want to, and you may not end up ahead as far as savings, I’d just order the truck you want from Mark Dodge. They have a proven track record with many users on this forum and others. Buyers from all over the US have ordered from them. Yes, delivery fees will eat into your overall savings, but you have the peace of mind of knowing you’re going to be getting some of the best pricing in the country, with no haggle, no games, etc.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also wouldn’t count on dealers being better next year.

If it were me, I’d sell your current car privately. Or if you have any AutoNation dealers around you, you can get a quote for selling your vehicle to them (Sell My Car | Sell or Trade Your Car Online | AutoNation).

I know you don’t want to, and you may not end up ahead as far as savings, I’d just order the truck you want from Mark Dodge. They have a proven track record with many users on this forum and others. Buyers from all over the US have ordered from them. Yes, delivery fees will eat into your overall savings, but you have the peace of mind of knowing you’re going to be getting some of the best pricing in the country, with no haggle, no games, etc.
It's also worth mentioning that base prices will continue to climb over the course of the year (the steep dealer discounts can't absorb the base price increases). And your money continues to be worth less (inflation). So it's a double whammy.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^this. Yep! I built a TRX for around 82-84k but couldn’t quite pull the trigger especially after never test driving one & this year the same exact build was 12k higher than last year. I finally test drove one that had arrived on the lot while getting my monthly oil change & they had it listed for 108k. I missed that boat due to exactly what eighty is describing above - the market is crap. I’ve also been looking at auctioning my Jeep & getting a better sports car than what I had & the markups on all of them continue to go up each year. So we all have to decide - either get it while we can for less price or wait to see if the used market starts to fall. 🤷🏽‍♂️

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
The past few comments are correct and indicative of what's happening to the market. Be assured, the market is not going to tilt in your favor by waiting.

Here's what I have read and I believe to be true:
1. Used prices will drop a whole lot more than new cars will be incentivized. Used prices will drop 10%-20% this year with some exceptions for smaller manufacturers.
2. Any vehicle or platform with an EV in the line up (F150, Silverado/Sierra, Ram 1500) will continue to struggle with "on site" ICE inventory due to focus on the EV.
3. Manufacturing prices aren't going to go down. Inflation will remain stable into 2024. Incentives may increase, but I would be surprised if they keep up with inflation.
4. On site selection will continue to be low. Dealers aren't excited about drastic increases in inventory due to economic conditions.

Don't believe the following:
1. "Prices can't continue to go up!"
-Yes they will. In the short term, inflation will drive prices, not demand. Any decrease in demand will be overwhelmed by inflation.
2. "Consumers are going to get fed up and stop accepting these crazy prices."
-No they won't. Look at any market in history. People have said the same thing about housing for decades.

Just saying, waiting isn't going to change anything.

Last edited:

bronco44

Reaction score
As much as I don't want accept it, all of you are right. It does make a lot more sense to order today and accept the price because it will only continue to go up and my trade-in will continue to go down.

I reached out to Koons last night as I realized they're only ~350 miles from me (idk why but thought they were 600+ miles when I originally looked). I haven't heard back yet but if their recent post of providing 6-7% under invoice is true, I will plan to order as soon as I can from them🤞

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I don't want accept it, all of you are right. It does make a lot more sense to order today and accept the price because it will only continue to go up and my trade-in will continue to go down.

I reached out to Koons last night as I realized they're only ~350 miles from me (idk why but thought they were 600+ miles when I originally looked). I haven't heard back yet but if their recent post of providing 6-7% under invoice is true, I will plan to order as soon as I can from them🤞
I can't speak for what Koons is offering on regular 1500 DT's, but here's what they're advertising for TRX discounts:
MSRP of 105,000+ = $12,000 off MSRP
MSRP of 98,000 - 104,999 = $11,000 off MSRP
MSRP of 90,000 - 97,999 = $10,000 off MSRP
MSRP of 89,999 and under = $9,500 off MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread