5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Limited Custom Order Help

bronco44

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking at custom ordering a 2023 1500 Limited sometime in January.

MSRP is ~$80k and most dealers are giving me prices of ~$74k and that includes an affiliates discount. That's only a discount of ~7.5%. I also contacted Mark Dodge and they gave me a quote of $70k which is a discount of ~12.5%. However, most threads I've seen on here suggest I should be aiming for at least 15%+ discount.

Is 12.5% acceptable for the current market? Or should I hold out until the market favors me a bit more?

My build: Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle | Ram

Thanks in advance! Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 12.51.11 PM.png

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you can handle going down to Vienna, VA, there's a dealer there (Koons of Tyson's Corner) that has pretty good deals. 5% below invoice. Not sure what that relates to on your order. But it's worth looking into.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking at custom ordering a 2023 1500 Limited sometime in January. I've started reaching out to dealers for prices and was a bit confused by the pricing based on some of the threads I've read here.

MSRP is ~$80k and most dealers are giving me prices of ~$74k and that includes an affiliates discount. Does this price seem right? Is it possible to get a better deal? The dealers I've talked to have told me that there is no haggling on that price.

I did reach out to Mark Dodge and they gave me a quote of $70k, but I am in NY so ordering from them is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks in advance! View attachment 146627
shouldn't that level 1 have come down by about $700 if you also got the Elite?

bronco44

Reaction score
shouldn't that level 1 have come down by about $700 if you also got the Elite?
That was my belief as well. Rams website is bugged for the Elite Package and says it only includes the "Bed Utility Group". It doesn't add the Multi-Function Tailgate or take off the $700 like it should for the Harman Kardon system. I'm hoping to get the price ironed out by the time I plan to order.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem buying from any dealer. Just have it delivered. I had mine delivered from 12 hours away for $600. If you have a trade, then it's a little more difficult.

bronco44

Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem buying from any dealer. Just have it delivered. I had mine delivered from 12 hours away for $600. If you have a trade, then it's a little more difficult.
I realized my wording was poor and rewrote my initial post. I'm more concerned about getting a decent/fair discount and was hoping people could share their prices and discounts off MSRP. That way I can judge if I'm getting an alright deal.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12.5% off is decent enough. Remember, economy has gone to crap now and things are only getting expensive. Sure, you can wait till deals are coming back but then it will be a while. And also remember, Dodge is discontinuing HEMIs and you don't want to be placing your order so late that they can't build it before the deadline.

monza2t

Reaction score
I got 13.3% discount total when I bought in September. I probably could have gotten a bit more with Mark Dodge or one of the others but I have a good relationship with my local dealer so I decided to support them.

Also note that on your screen shot it notes they arent including incentives that may be available at time of delivery. That can vary wildly based on location, so check your regions incentives vs incentives for wherever you are buying, it may make a difference. Also note that they run 0% financing here and there. I was able to get that, which saved me $4200 in interest vs. financing with my credit union.

bronco44

Reaction score
Ok that makes me feel better about the pricing I'm getting. I was planning to order on 1/6 but these posts have made me realize it makes way more sense to wait for the first incentives to come out for the 2023s so that I can at least lock something in. Then hope that the incentives are better once it gets delivered. Thank you all!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok that makes me feel better about the pricing I'm getting. I was planning to order on 1/6 but these posts have made me realize it makes way more sense to wait for the first incentives to come out for the 2023s so that I can at least lock something in. Then hope that the incentives are better once it gets delivered. Thank you all!
Just keep in mind that Ram may increase prices at any time before you order, which could negate any incentives.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I ordered, my dealer wouldn't let me lock in incentives. The incentives available were based on delivery date, not order date.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking at custom ordering a 2023 1500 Limited sometime in January.

MSRP is ~$80k and most dealers are giving me prices of ~$74k and that includes an affiliates discount. That's only a discount of ~7.5%. I also contacted Mark Dodge and they gave me a quote of $70k which is a discount of ~12.5%. However, most threads I've seen on here suggest I should be aiming for at least 15%+ discount.

Is 12.5% acceptable for the current market? Or should I hold out until the market favors me a bit more?

Thanks in advance! View attachment 146627
What did you think of the indigo sea salt interior? I didn't realize that the leather was broken up with fabric inserts. I am sure it will hold up over time, but I wasn't totally sold on it. The black leather has been really awesome in my limited.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that Ram may increase prices at any time before you order, which could negate any incentives.
And they most likely will
When I ordered, my dealer wouldn't let me lock in incentives. The incentives available were based on delivery date, not order date.
Your dealer was a jerk then.
You 100% can lock in most incentives.
Depends on what you are trying to lock in. third party have their own rules.

bronco44

Reaction score
What did you think of the indigo sea salt interior? I didn't realize that the leather was broken up with fabric inserts. I am sure it will hold up over time, but I wasn't totally sold on it. The black leather has been really awesome in my limited.
I personally like lighter interiors, especially with the Patriot Blue exterior. I don't think I realized the leather was broken up either on the sea salt interior though so that does make me a bit nervous.

After doing a bit more research, does Ram even offer decent incentives on the Limited trim? The only incentive I see currently for the 2022 Limited is no payments for 90 days. Any of the better incentives are for the lower trim levels.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally like lighter interiors, especially with the Patriot Blue exterior. I don't think I realized the leather was broken up either on the sea salt interior though so that does make me a bit nervous.

After doing a bit more research, does Ram even offer decent incentives on the Limited trim? The only incentive I see currently for the 2022 Limited is no payments for 90 days. Any of the better incentives are for the lower trim levels.

The best incentives I’ve seen were for Big Horn like the 0% mentioned - sometimes the Laramie’s are offered like that as well but not as often. I haven’t seen too many incentives for any of the higher trims like the LH, Limited, TRX but I think the trade off there is they’ll give you a better discount from MSRP. Helps even out profit margins while still retaining/gaining customers.

I got my Limited for about 9% off MSRP with free lifetime powertrain warranty they use through CNA at Dave Sinclair in Pacific, MO.

Last edited:

eerattler

Reaction score

Depends on the market conditions and season. Last year I qualified for 2k in incentives on top of the 6% below invoice from Koons. I might look at Mark Dodge as their doc fee is much more reasonable.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought just before everything went to crap so I won't compare savings. 12.5% sounds good now. If you can wait, March is truck month for the incentives. They can lock in factory incentives.

Beats last year when it was MSRP++ !

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And they most likely will

Your dealer was a jerk then.
You 100% can lock in most incentives.
Depends on what you are trying to lock in. third party have their own rules.
At the time of ordering, I wanted to lock in the 0% APR for 60 months. At the time of delivery they had 0% APR for 48 months, so I took that. Yeah, I hadn't joined the forum yet, so had no idea when I placed my order. If I had though, I would've abandoned my local dealer and ordered thru Mark Dodge.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I locked in 1k of incentives (consumer cash) off my 2022 Limited and then during purchase added another $500 off, I think it might of been a Truecar rebate.
I ended up losing some of that money as it was incorrectly reported to my DMV, and I got charged tax on the "rebates" despite my state not charging tax on rebates and only final purchase price of a new car\truck.
After the incentives mine ended up costing 16% under MSRP (or 8% under invoice)

If I got a Laramie I think I could of gotten $2500-$3000 in incentives. TRX had 0 incentives through RAM (maybe Truecar's $500).

bronco44

Reaction score
I bought just before everything went to crap so I won't compare savings. 12.5% sounds good now. If you can wait, March is truck month for the incentives. They can lock in factory incentives.

Beats last year when it was MSRP++ !
I could wait for sure. I could even delay a full year but the goal was to get it around April so that I could use it most of this summer/fall for projects.

Does anyone happen to know/remember what incentives were available for the 2022 Limiteds during truck month last year? Trying to judge if a 2-3 month delay would be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread