5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Limited Custom Order Help

bronco44

Reaction score
They replied and they have excellent pricing. After seeing that price and the photo of the Patriot Blue with Night Edition (damn you @jmrhodes212), I sent them a new build opting for Night Edition over Elite Package and will be ordering that once they reply to me again. Based on my estimates, for the same price as the dealers near me, I will be getting ~$4k worth more of truck

bronco44

Reaction score
The deed is done, just signed and sent the deposit. I added the Trailer Tow Package and swapped the Elite for the Night Edition and still came out $100 cheaper than any dealer near me. Thank you all for your advice and listening to me complain. Can't wait for it to come in.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
They replied and they have excellent pricing. After seeing that price and the photo of the Patriot Blue with Night Edition (damn you @jmrhodes212), I sent them a new build opting for Night Edition over Elite Package and will be ordering that once they reply to me again. Based on my estimates, for the same price as the dealers near me, I will be getting ~$4k worth more of truck
You tint the windows and that truck will be a black and blue demon.

FYI, go ahead and start looking for a new bed cover. The stock MOPAR one is crap. I really like the Bakflip MX4. It doesn't cover the camera mirror when its folded up.

I would also recommend getting the front end wrapped to protect the painted bumpers and stuff. I had my front and some other things done for $600. Helps prevent chips, which will show a lot on darker trucks.

Good luck!

bronco44

Reaction score
You tint the windows and that truck will be a black and blue demon.

FYI, go ahead and start looking for a new bed cover. The stock MOPAR one is crap. I really like the Bakflip MX4. It doesn't cover the camera mirror when its folded up.

I would also recommend getting the front end wrapped to protect the painted bumpers and stuff. I had my front and some other things done for $600. Helps prevent chips, which will show a lot on darker trucks.

Good luck!
Yea I'm actually going to ask if they will take ~$500 off if I don't take the tonneau cover. Every review I've seen has said how crap it was. Only downside to getting the night edition.

Also great recommendation for wrapping. I wanted to add the mopar paint protection but you can't get that with the ramboxes for some reason. But plan to get it wrapped and also undercoated. Thank you!

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Yea I'm actually going to ask if they will take ~$500 off if I don't take the tonneau cover. Every review I've seen has said how crap it was. Only downside to getting the night edition.

Also great recommendation for wrapping. I wanted to add the mopar paint protection but you can't get that with the ramboxes for some reason. But plan to get it wrapped and also undercoated. Thank you!
Luckily my cover was damaged in transit and they gave me $600 discount.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also if the truck has Ramboxes and you get night edition they give you black rails, which means you can't buy your own cover.
You need to spend $300-450 to buy "silver rails" to be able to use a regular cover. And no they will not let you swap black for silver as no one wants black rails.

bronco44

Reaction score
Also if the truck has Ramboxes and you get night edition they give you black rails, which means you can't buy your own cover.
You need to spend $300-450 to buy "silver rails" to be able to use a regular cover. And no they will not let you swap black for silver as no one wants black rails.
Well that's a bit frustrating. I did get the rambxoes so in that case, guess I'll keep the Night Edition cover until I'm ready to shell out $1500 for a good cover and the rails.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well that's a bit frustrating. I did get the rambxoes so in that case, guess I'll keep the Night Edition cover until I'm ready to shell out $1500 for a good cover and the rails.
If you didn't get Ramboxes then good chance you got the silver rails, and you can get an MX4 for around $800-900 I think.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you didn't get Ramboxes then good chance you got the silver rails, and you can get an MX4 for around $800-900 I think.
I don’t have Ramboxes, and mine came with black rails. No issue with installing a tonneau.

07BAD641-7908-48A1-805B-94ACAFB221A8.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a 1500, or a TRX?

I don't recognize those black rails.

Those clamps have nothing to connect to with the rails that come on the Limited's with Ramboxes.
It’s a TRX (which is a 1500 DT also). The clamps are pinched to the underside lip of the bed rail. The black cargo rail is a few inches below the clamp.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s a TRX (which is a 1500 DT also). The clamps are pinched to the underside lip of the bed rail. The black cargo rail is a few inches below the clamp.
Oh I understand how the clamps connect, but on the rails that come on the Limited with Ramboxes there is nothing to clamp onto except the top.
I can't really see your rails in the picture you posted but I see the clamp, which would have nothing to grip onto.

This is a picture of what comes on a Limited (ignore the little silver piece)
1673749116303.png

Are you saying you found a cover that can fit with the black rails like these? I'm shocked if so.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I understand how the clamps connect, but on the rails that come on the Limited with Ramboxes there is nothing to clamp onto except the top.
I can't really see your rails in the picture you posted but I see the clamp, which would have nothing to grip onto.

This is a picture of what comes on a Limited (ignore the little silver piece)
View attachment 148890

Are you saying you found a cover that can fit with the black rails like these? I'm shocked if so.
The cargo rails are completely separate on the non RamBox beds. Here’s a better pic.

64B810CF-3C6A-4C84-BE5B-14CF93BB3853.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The cargo rails are completely separate on the non RamBox beds. Here’s a better pic.

View attachment 148896
Ah ok I see the confusion.
OP is getting a truck with Ramboxes.
When you look at covers and fill in your trucks information it calls them "black rails" and "silver rails".
I didn't mean no black rails would work, I mean black rails that come with Ramboxes will not work which is what OP gets because he has the night edition which includes the Mopar soft trifold that mounds on the black rails as it doesn't fit the silver rails (neither look like your rails on a regular bed). Everyone just calls them "black rails"

Screenshot_20230114-221219618 (1).jpg

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a 1500, or a TRX?

I don't recognize those black rails.

Those clamps have nothing to connect to with the rails that come on the Limited's with Ramboxes.
Is the issue Limited with Ram Boxes or Limited with Ram Boxes AND Night Edition?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is the issue Limited with Ram Boxes or Limited with Ram Boxes AND Night Edition?
From the research I've done it's the combo of packages of Ramboxes and night edition on a Limited.

If you want the night edition on a Limited it forces you to take a free soft tri-fold cover.
If you also have Ramboxes, the only way the soft cover for Ramboxes fit are with the "black rails" that I posted a picture of.
Said black rails don't let you use any cover except the Mopar one.

It is possible that if you order Ramboxes and not the night edition which triggers the sort tri-fold you would receive regular rails. But I havnt seen a truck with Ramboxes without the night edition to confirm.

It's kind of a problem imo.

bronco44

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rail issue still applies for the 2023 model with rambox + night edition? Haven't been able to find a whole lot of reviews about that combo yet.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rail issue still applies for the 2023 model with rambox + night edition? Haven't been able to find a whole lot of reviews about that combo yet.

I’d call Tonneau Factory Outlet - they know their stuff. I spoke with Jeff a lot in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/