5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 Traffic and Weather

BB22

Reaction score
One would think you could select “Font Size“ from a menu and scale the street names for those of us who are no longer 20/10.
When the Nav is on the full 12" screen, you can double tap the screen to zoom it in a little but the street names are still too small. I never had an issue reading the street names on the Garmin navigation system on my 17 Ram and it had the 8.4 screen.

BB22

Reaction score
Actually I'm not sure tbh. When did it come out and how do I check. when I enter my vin at the RAM update site it says i am up to date. hmmm
The Ram update site is useless. It never shows that there is an update available, despite the fact that I've had 1 dealer installed update and 2 FOTA updates. The Uconnect advisors do not have access to current updates. The dealers have direct access to Uconnect engineering and are better able to see the latest software updates.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Still no answers on mine, stopped at the dealer today, it is coming back as all good, but they scheduled it to go in for a full look see on Friday (they were going to take it right then, but I have plans for it tomorrow). Assistance called me back while there, they got nothing, big surprise, suppose to call again Thursday (why I bumped dealer all the way to Friday). I did check weather app on my way out of the dealer and noticed one change, rather than just a generic error msg, the weather app specifically said it couldn't connect to the internet. Might try it again this afternoon, see if anything changes.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Nothing changed, it is at the dealer now. Did get a call back from assistance, they said they are working on an OTA update, should be ready by June....JUNE?!

BB22

Reaction score
Nothing changed, it is at the dealer now. Did get a call back from assistance, they said they are working on an OTA update, should be ready by June....JUNE?!
Back in December, I had what I thought was a very knowledgeable Uconnect advisor tell me that there would not be an OTA issued until spring at the earliest. The very next day my truck received and OTA update!

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Back in December, I had what I thought was a very knowledgeable Uconnect advisor tell me that there would not be an OTA issued until spring at the earliest. The very next day my truck received and OTA update!
We can hope it is sooner.

I guess my screen went bad while the tech was working on it. They were unable to get the apps working, told me I have to wait for the update. But my 2 week old, 400 mile truck gets a new screen already. Glad it went screwy on them and not on me mid trip next week.

Richg67

Reaction score
Same issue here. No traffic , no weather. Have an open case with the Uconnect people. Last commination was there will be a SW update. still waiting.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, my truck had been stuck on 21B.5 since I received it (in early December). Several updates had been published, but my truck wouldn't update for some reason. Yesterday afternoon, it suddenly updated to the latest (23.13). As I understand it, Ram has been working on a way to update many of the trucks that were "stuck" on older software. I've seen several reports on the TRX forum about updates happening now.
So hopefully this will be pushed to all of the 2022's in the near future.

Wolverine

Reaction score
I have the same issue, just got off the phone with Ram connect. My case has been elevated to level 3….not sure what that means but it doesn’t make feel any better. Oh and BTW, I do have the latest software update according to them. How can this be that hard? Software that works has been in existence and stable for a long time!

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I have the same issue, just got off the phone with Ram connect. My case has been elevated to level 3….not sure what that means but it doesn’t make feel any better. Oh and BTW, I do have the latest software update according to them. How can this be that hard? Software that works has been in existence and stable for a long time!
My case is level 3 as well.
I was discussing the problem with the salesman who handled my sale, as he just bought a new Laramie. All his apps function properly, so I wonder if the issue is with the difference in integrated options? Though I guess the service tech and service mgr, after working on mine, went through all the unsold trucks with the 12" on there lot and they were all not working also.

GratefulDead2

Reaction score
yeah major issues with the new 12" Uconnect 5. Now when I start my truck the screen is blank. I have to manually push the power button to activate the display. Perhaps I inadvertently hit something to trigger this. It use to just come on auto wwhen I remote start or manual. Any ideas? lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah major issues with the new 12" Uconnect 5. Now when I start my truck the screen is blank. I have to manually push the power button to activate the display. Perhaps I inadvertently hit something to trigger this. It use to just come on auto wwhen I remote start or manual. Any ideas? lol
Mine does that too, and it’s been this way ever since I got it.

jayray38

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the weather not showing up again?? Mine worked for awhile but now it won't come up... The traffic IS working but can't get the weather to work.... Been like this for a week or so. 20220316_213737.jpg

ljmwy

Reaction score
I am sure this is still a pretty small group, but for those with the 12” Uconnect 5 system, does your traffic and weather work?

My weather says “error trying to load” and though I have traffic flow turned on, I get nothing.
I just get the spinning circle... haven't gotten it to work yet, but I've only had my truck for a week now.

ljmwy

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM Rebel night edition. I have had it for 1 month and the Nav system (TomTom) is a disaster. The traffic flow works intermittenly at best. Same for the weather. For a $70k + truck we should not have these issues. Good luck trying to get anyone to help. lol
TomTom? I haven't even tried the nav system yet.

Wolverine

Reaction score
Received my Level 3 call from Ram Connect. Short answer is to wait for the next software upgrade, I asked how long that would take? She answered “perhaps a couple months“. By then, my free trial for nothing will thankfully expire so I won’t have to worry about it anymore!

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Update on mine

Yesterday they had me do a factory reset, and told me to wait 48 hours before creating a user account again. After doing the reset, nothing changed as far as functionality. This evening when I was going out to dinner everything was functioning for the first time, traffic weather and gas prices. However after dinner nothing was working again on my drive home. Glimmer of hope.

Users who are viewing this thread