5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Toyota Tundra

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like RAM isn’t the only one that had growing pains with the new generation rollout:

This is why you wait for year #2;)

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is why you wait for year #2;)

Sometimes you get lucky, my 2015 F150 and 2019 RAM were first years of new designs and both were essentially flawless, so far at least for the RAM. But these days, I'm actually weary of buying a new vehicle, I've actually seen some build issue on 20/21 model years on several different makes/models, aka "covid builds".

May want to wait a little a little while for that to work itself out, probably a good thing with elevated pricing in the industry.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sometimes you get lucky, my 2015 F150 and 2019 RAM were first years of new designs and both were essentially flawless, so far at least for the RAM. But these days, I'm actually weary of buying a new vehicle, I've actually seen some build issue on 20/21 model years on several different makes/models, aka "covid builds".

May want to wait a little a little while for that to work itself out, probably a good thing with elevated pricing in the industry.
I took a gamble with my 2019 as well and had no issues. However, many others weren't so lucky with leaking and several other issues discussed on this forum.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They say the tundra is the “most American made truck”. Ram 1500 is mostly assembled in Mexico.

i believe you’re thinking of the HD Rams. They’re assembled in Mexico.

Jprec8it

Reaction score
Ah, your correct. I just got rid of my 2020 ram 6.7 2500. 13000 miles hand the high pressure fuel pump and injectors went. Thank goodness for being under the warranty. $17k in repairs, not to mention no truck for 4.5 weeks. Traded it in for the 22 ram. Love the truck so far. Had a 19 rebel - another great truck.
The trx is sick. Love them. Maybe one day!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like RAM isn’t the only one that had growing pains with the new generation rollout:

I want the same truck in blue and with no issues! Good luck I think quality control is gone everywhere with everything, Covid has changed a lot of things and quality control is definitely a big one a crossed the board😩

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Ah, when men were Men and trucks were Trucks and Comfort/Convenience be damned! :D

OK, so I'm a Boomer (probably one of the first, being born Dec. 1945) but I still appreciate clean body lines and those old trucks had them.

As does my car-show-going ride, 1964 Beaumont Sport Deluxe [think: Canadian Chevelle Super Sport]
64 Beaumont 1.jpg
btw - No Power Steering, No Power Brakes, No Power Windows, No Power Mirrors, No A/C (Hey! That's why you put the top down!), and No Power Convertible Top (I might have to remedy this some day - my 99-lb. wife and I can barely put it up).

Dave

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far I've seen complaints about:

- Poor interior fitment of pieces
- Poor exterior panel alignment
- Poor fuel economy
- Power steering faults
- Turbo actuator failures
- Random CELs

Toyota isn't immune from launch issues.

louscrw

Reaction score
No, TuRD Pro isn't available until summer. They got a Limited.

If they get 5 MPG more after "break in" it'll be a miracle. That truck is going to be nowhere near EPA rating, just like the Ford.
TFL just did a new video on MPG comparison between the new Tundra and a F150 powerboost. Not exactly a fair comparison as the Powerboost is a hybrid and the Tundra is not. Will be curious to see how the Tundra hybrid compares

Each truck towed 8100lbs for a 48.1 mile stretch. They recorded MPG for towing and also not towing. Here are the results:

Towing (8100lbs)
Tundra: 12.4 mpg
Ford Powerboost: 11.8mpg

Not towing
Tundra: 23.97mpg
Ford Powerboost: 35.92mpg

Ccroce

Reaction score
Are all 1500 (non-TRX) HEMIs made in Mexico, or did I just get unlucky?

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF(1) 2.pdf
    95.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2F832781-410D-4335-9563-981F82F5D676.png
    2F832781-410D-4335-9563-981F82F5D676.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread