5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

RockJock

Reaction score
They HAVE to be close to building my truck. I put new tires on my current truck in June. I figured that would be enough to get me to the front of the line. This week I had to get new pads and rotors. In light of that I just know they going to build my truck in the next couple weeks.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Re: the Digital Rearview Mirror Camera and HUD, I've watched a few videos on YouTube of dealers showing 2022 Limiteds in various configurations and they've all had the mirror camera and HUD, so I'm assuming it's now included in Level 1. We won't really know for sure until members on here start receiving their trucks.

I don’t think the Laramie had this option? If it did and I missed it…that would stink b/c those are cool features!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truckless

Reaction score
I'm so confused. If we are paying for this stuff, why is it not part of our final build? Yes, we all want our trucks built quickly, but why are they not giving us the option to A) have these items removed (with a price reduction of course), or b) to delay production until we can get them?

This parts shortage isn't going to last forever. I'm ordering this truck to last me many years ... I want the stuff I ordered to be included, or be given the option on modifying the order/delivery. Not just for Ram to pick and choose what I get, and going off @Fliphappy's window sticker, 0 price reduction.

I'm not ordering a $20,000 Honda Civic .... this is a 60-70k truck.

@RamCares ... I think it's time this starts to get escalated.
Or to convert to Canadian $95,120 🤑

Should add.... I negotiated just over 10k less than that though before incentives if any.

Last edited:

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I'm so confused. If we are paying for this stuff, why is it not part of our final build? Yes, we all want our trucks built quickly, but why are they not giving us the option to A) have these items removed (with a price reduction of course), or b) to delay production until we can get them?

This parts shortage isn't going to last forever. I'm ordering this truck to last me many years ... I want the stuff I ordered to be included, or be given the option on modifying the order/delivery. Not just for Ram to pick and choose what I get, and going off @Fliphappy's window sticker, 0 price reduction.

I'm not ordering a $20,000 Honda Civic .... this is a 60-70k truck.

@RamCares ... I think it's time this starts to get escalated.
To be fair, the tech package was available when I ordered and I chose not to purchase it. So I wasn’t expecting that stuff when the options were combined later. My deal is also a set price and not based on a percentage of invoice or anything like that, so it’s not like I’m paying for something I am not getting (and never wanted anyway or I would have ordered it originally). I just think it’s weird that they are treating some orders one way and others a different way. Seems more of a logistical nightmare for them than anything. Im fine either way.

Calileta

Reaction score
To be fair, the tech package was available when I ordered and I chose not to purchase it. So I wasn’t expecting that stuff when the options were combined later. My deal is also a set price and not based on a percentage of invoice or anything like that, so it’s not like I’m paying for something I am not getting (and never wanted anyway or I would have ordered it originally). I just think it’s weird that they are treating some orders one way and others a different way. Seems more of a logistical nightmare for them than anything. Im fine either way.
My sentiments exactly.

truckless

Reaction score
I am definitely not going to accept my truck if it doesn't come the way I ordered it (not that RAM or the dealer will care). If I didn't want what I ordered I'd have bought one off the lot back in June.

Like when my wife wanted to factory order a Nitro and the dealer found one EXACTLY like she specced out at another dealer. She agreed to the stock transfer and after they negotiated the price I had them buy back the $75 cup holder ashtray and lighter lol

There is a reason we factory order after all.

Doc10

Reaction score
We’ Screenshot_20211014-191630_Chrome.jpg ll, I guess it’ll be a surprise when they produce the build sheet. I didn’t order the tech and my POC hasn’t changed since I ordered. Level l price still 3800.
My original order sheet listed limited level 1 at $3295 (MSRP). Went to order and it changed to $2295 (MSRP). Unclear why the drop, they better not have eliminated tech from the package. There was not a standalone tech package when I went to order.

Hasti17

Reaction score
So, after a week of harassing my dealer finally let me know that affiliate pricing was gone. They had no idea until I time them. Anyone get confirmation that their dealers will honor their original price?
a couple dealersd say you can apply for price protection and get it, some say no dice. 100% reach out to yours and question them on price protection in order to preserve the incentive. my dealer implied they added 2500 HDs to affiliate rewards this month and they were not available before so they could reintroduce the program in the coming months for the DT's

Hasti17

Reaction score

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its an already used band aid at best. being open more hours Wont bring them more containers to reload ships with and more longshoreman to actually increase port operations.
Yep, and when railways and other transport avenues aren't open 24/7 it'll just mean the ports will be staffed lightly and stretching out 12 hours worth of work over 24.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I was just looking at my dealer web site and they now are offering custom ordering with express. I have no idea what that all means but if dealers can't place orders then why would they be now offering custom ordering?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just looking at my dealer web site and they now are offering custom ordering with express. I have no idea what that all means but if dealers can't place orders then why would they be now offering custom ordering?
Well, I'm sure the dealerships are more than happy to take someone's order and deposit and hold it until they can place an order or find the same thing somewhere else and xfer it.

HozayM

Reaction score
Just got my build sheet today. Limited 10th Ann that I ordered in June with ASG. Dealer said in light of the letter saying ASG was to be removed, my sold order was protected. I felt good after @PCHokie got his BS with ASG.

My BS does not include ASG. I know mirrors have been a topic of late.

Users who are viewing this thread