5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

truckless

Reaction score
I was just looking at my dealer web site and they now are offering custom ordering with express. I have no idea what that all means but if dealers can't place orders then why would they be now offering custom ordering?

What the **** is this?
"We order a vehicle with your exact specifications (color, trim, body style, options, etc) and the factory puts it at the front of the line."

"Pine Belt CJDR has been given priority status on all custom orders placed through our dealership to the manufacturer."

Last edited:

aussie_ram

Reaction score
What the **** is this?
"We order a vehicle with your exact specifications (color, trim, body style, options, etc) and the factory puts it at the front of the line."

From that website:
"They build it just like normal and ship it to us, typically in half the time as orders for inventory!"

That is ambiguous as f***. All this is, is a ploy to charge more to someone, where they will expect to get the car quicker. But what is quicker? They'll just end up telling you "inventory is currently taking 20 weeks. Look, we're going to get your truck in 12 weeks" or some crap like that. When in actual fact, that's how long a normal order is taking.

I'm almost certain there is absolutely no way the factory can prioritize orders to the front of the line. Makes no sense.

truckless

Reaction score
From that website:
"They build it just like normal and ship it to us, typically in half the time as orders for inventory!"

That is ambiguous as f***. All this is, is a ploy to charge more to someone, where they will expect to get the car quicker. But what is quicker? They'll just end up telling you "inventory is currently taking 20 weeks. Look, we're going to get your truck in 12 weeks" or some crap like that. When in actual fact, that's how long a normal order is taking.

I'm almost certain there is absolutely no way the factory can prioritize orders to the front of the line. Makes no sense.

Agreed. Very amigbuous. BUT....I added one more I found. And they said they WERE given priority. So wtf knows wtf...
Those dealerships should get a beat down in any case.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What the **** is this?

"Pine Belt CJDR has been given priority status on all custom orders placed through our dealership to the manufacturer."
First one: "...at the front of the line...that's behind that other line, which comes after this other line here, which is currently short on the parts for the options you ordered."

Second one: "...has been given priority status!...but our lot inventory gets super duper ULTRA MEGA priority status so, you're SOL".

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
What the **** is this?

Yes that is my dealer Brigham Gill, So WTF? I saw this when I looked at the web site this morning.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Agreed. Very amigbuous. BUT....I added one more I found. And they said they WERE given priority. So wtf knows wtf...

lol exactly. So what happens when EVERY dealer becomes "priority/VIP/expedited? Every dealer is front of the line? lol

We need to remember that ultimately, these are all sales people running these dealerships. They would sell their mother to make another couple hundred $$$. All it is, is a marketing ploy and way to upcharge for something they have no control over. I work with a bunch of sales people in a totally different industry, and some of the things they create to drain more dollars out of customers is incredible.

I would be interested if someone reached out as a "potential customer" and requested the timeframes from them on a custom VIP expedited priority front-of-line A1 no delay customer order vs an inventory order.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remember that it IS true that in the past sold orders were given priority. Their website has probably said that for years.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Remember that it IS true that in the past sold orders were given priority. Their website has probably said that for years.
Nope the two dealers never had that on their web site before. It's new. It maybe a way for them to get people into the dealer to order vehicles but hell do they all really get priority? I mean really how?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope the two dealers never had that on their web site before. It's new. It maybe a way for them to get people into the dealer to order vehicles but hell do they all really get priority? I mean really how?
They don't. Its smoke and mirrors and sales tactics. FCA probably still says sold orders get priority and they very well may....when parts allow and all orders are equal.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS:

Coming to you from Sterling Heights, Michigan, a live look at SHAP:

tenor.gif

Moondogger

Reaction score
It took me hitting up Ram Chat twice today and our boy/girl(??) Swaji Bajarat finally sent me this:

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

I'm wondering if the Mopar Paint Protection Film or the Tonneau Cover are the "additional equipment".

Fliphappy

Reaction score
It took me hitting up Ram Chat twice today and our boy/girl(??) Swaji Bajarat finally sent me this:

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

I'm wondering if the Mopar Paint Protection Film or the Tonneau Cover are the "additional equipment".
Or power running-boards bed liner, wheel well liners, lots of stuff it could be. Mine got shipped down to Texas for some options to get installed. Go figure that out!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
get a load of this.
This is from the dealer I ordered from
all have VINs after mine and all have window stickers
1C6RREJT0NN169407
1C6RREJT2NN169408
1C6RREJT4NN169409
1C6RREJT0NN169553
1C6RREJT2NN169554
1C6RREJT4NN169555
1C6RREJT8NN169557

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

and none of them are sold orders

Last edited:

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score

Both are installed at Ground Effects Limited across the street to the south of SHAP ...subcontractor

Users who are viewing this thread