5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
No disrespect intended, to each their own, but this “if I have to wait months” train of thought doesn’t jive with the process of ordering a vehicle in current conditions. Waiting months, maybe many months, was always going to be required.
While your point is a good one, not everyone is completely aware of how this clusterfuck of a situation the world is in is affecting the auto industry. I am aware for no other reason than it comes up in my work on a daily basis. However, I know several people who have ordered vehicles recently who were told 8-10 weeks from order to delivery. Whether the salespeople said that to lure them into a deal or because they are also oblivious is of no consequence to someone who was told a particular time frame.

So, while you may be in a position of great knowledge, not everyone else is; hell, despite being a relatively informed person, I have learned the vast majority of Ram ordering information in the last few weeks, from this thread, well after I ordered my truck.

I guess the moral of the story is: the whole world has gone to hell in a hand-basket and the easiest way for us to all make it through this clusterfuck is to band together and be courteous to each other rather than make snide comments to the uninformed. You should trust me on this, as I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don’t like waiting and yet you chose to order a vehicle in the midst of unprecedented material shortages with plenty of evidence of the issues already causing problems for other huge car manufacturers? Alrighty.
No disrespect intended, to each their own, but this “if I have to wait months” train of thought doesn’t jive with the process of ordering a vehicle in current conditions. Waiting months, maybe many months, was always going to be required.
I mostly agree here, but there's a line. Would be silly to me to wait something like 8-10 months. 6 would be about the cutoff for me. I ordered in August so I'd be willing to wait till Feb to have my truck. After that, other manufactures will have new/updated stuff out.

I don't think it will take that long though. It's not like they're not getting chips at all, or in very tiny amounts, they're actually getting a decent supply, it's just demand is crazy right now, and their heads are spinning trying to figure out what models to give what chips to first.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No disrespect at all. Your good. I think we all understand on the wait, and delays. The biggest issue I've always seen is communication. Either dealer communication, stelantis communication to dealers and consumers, and just general " I don't know" from folks that should have some idea. Don't over promise, and under deliver.

I'm happy to wait 3-6months even 8 months. Folks up north in Canada would have a better understanding on waiting for a long time. The communication has been very lacking.

On top of all of that, dealers and stellantis continue to take orders and reservations on new trucks, that realistically might even take until the end of the year to get. I don't know if that is a good model to continue to take deposits, and hoping for customer loyalty and waiting.

If I'm ever going to wait a long time (6+months) it better be for something that is very different and unique. I've always been patient, and I will continue to so, but at some point, I have to just move on.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Prex01

Reaction score
No disrespect at all. Your good. I think we all understand on the wait, and delays. The biggest issue I've always seen is communication. Either dealer communication, stelantis communication to dealers and consumers, and just general " I don't know" from folks that should have some idea. Don't over promise, and under deliver.

I'm happy to wait 3-6months even 8 months. Folks up north in Canada would have a better understanding on waiting for a long time. The communication has been very lacking.

On top of all of that, dealers and stellantis continue to take orders and reservations on new trucks, that realistically might even take until the end of the year to get. I don't know if that is a good model to continue to take deposits, and hoping for customer loyalty and waiting.

If I'm ever going to wait a long time (6+months) it better be for something that is very different and unique. I've always been patient, and I will continue to so, but at some point, I have to just move on.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

I agree 100% with you! In fact my wife was shocked that I ordered a new truck since I have a major patience issue. I ordered in July and have been without a truck for over a month now, and am impatiently waiting on this clusterfuck to un-clusterfuck so we can all get our trucks! Truth of the matter, with the high trade in values and limited supply of trucks that interested me on the lots, had I known what I know now I would have still made the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree 100% with you! In fact my wife was shocked that I ordered a new truck since I have a major patience issue. I ordered in July and have been without a truck for over a month now, and am impatiently waiting on this clusterfuck to un-clusterfuck so we can all get our trucks! Truth of the matter, with the high trade in values and limited supply of trucks that interested me on the lots, had I known what I know now I would have still made the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here.

Anyone have any declusterfuckation spray?

Fliphappy

Reaction score
While your point is a good one, not everyone is completely aware of how this clusterfuck of a situation the world is in is affecting the auto industry. I am aware for no other reason than it comes up in my work on a daily basis. However, I know several people who have ordered vehicles recently who were told 8-10 weeks from order to delivery. Whether the salespeople said that to lure them into a deal or because they are also oblivious is of no consequence to someone who was told a particular time frame.

So, while you may be in a position of great knowledge, not everyone else is; hell, despite being a relatively informed person, I have learned the vast majority of Ram ordering information in the last few weeks, from this thread, well after I ordered my truck.

I guess the moral of the story is: the whole world has gone to hell in a hand-basket and the easiest way for us to all make it through this clusterfuck is to band together and be courteous to each other rather than make snide comments to the uninformed. You should trust me on this, as I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
It’s a little disingenuous to suggest that the problems with manufacturing, of all goods, hasn’t been mainstream news for some time (at least here on the West coast). I’m certainly not expecting anyone to know the ins and outs of the problems various industries are facing right now, but I do think it stretches credulity to think waiting from (basically) August to November, in a COVID world, would be out of the ordinary.
Again, everyone has their individual thresholds, and as others have mentioned, 8-10 months of the unknown is absolutely a reasonable reason to pull the plug. So FairPlay to all and may everyone get the truck you wanted, with the features you wanted, before your individual threshold is met.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Clusterfuck and dicknanigans!!

DTol

Reaction score
It’s a little disingenuous to suggest that the problems with manufacturing, of all goods, hasn’t been mainstream news for some time (at least here on the West coast). I’m certainly not expecting anyone to know the ins and outs of the problems various industries are facing right now, but I do think it stretches credulity to think waiting from (basically) August to November, in a COVID world, would be out of the ordinary.
Again, everyone has their individual thresholds, and as others have mentioned, 8-10 months of the unknown is absolutely a reasonable reason to pull the plug. So FairPlay to all and may everyone get the truck you wanted, with the features you wanted, before your individual threshold is met.
How about May to November? That is looking more realistic all the time.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about May to November? That is looking more realistic all the time.
I mean, 2022 production was always going to start quite a ways out from May. I don't think it was ever slated for anything earlier than August. So it's been pushed back a bit, but if they actually start getting them churned out by the end of October, that's not a bad turnaround vs when they were originally going to have them ready.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
back in oct 1994 I ordered a 1995 ram club cab one of the first thousand or so. I waited until march 1995 almost 6 months, because I really wanted that truck. it lasted 26 years so a few months now is not an issue for me.
They really do not make stuff like they used to, do they? Not even from the 90's! Never mind the 40's and 50's!

My wife still has a fully functional Ford 8N tractor. Over 70 years old.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, 2022 production was always going to start quite a ways out from May. I don't think it was ever slated for anything earlier than August. So it's been pushed back a bit, but if they actually start getting them churned out by the end of October, that's not a bad turnaround vs when they were originally going to have them ready.
Actually, when 2022 orders opened in May, the best-guess start of production was 7/25.

DTol

Reaction score
Actually, when 2022 orders opened in May, the best-guess start of production was 7/25.
I will pick mine up in Minnesota and drive home to Alaska. I was expecting ie hoping to get it the end of August to early September and have a nice fall trip up. If it gets into November I might store it and come get it in the spring. Thought about starting over, but, might not be able to get the options I want.

Users who are viewing this thread