5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
I would. TRX’s are selling as high as $130k at dealers right now for in-stock inventory. They’re certainly the hottest selling Ram truck right now.
True, but that would be dealer margin, not FCA. Those trucks are only 75-90k MSRP. I agree that the limited would have higher profit margin. FCA dumped a ton of money into the TRX and are not selling nearly as many as standard Rams. The standard rams have all their investments spread across about 300k trucks/yr, roughly 6 years of life....1.8M lifetime vehicles. The increase in cost to FCA from say a big horn to a limited isn't anywhere near what the sticker difference is.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Probably a subconscious part of the reason why I'm avoiding the adaptive cruise stuff for now, I have more than enough "must haves" already.

I pretty much immediately eliminated the Big Horn when I found out you can't get keyless entry.
I probably (read I did) go overboard but when you're spending this much already why not get everything you want? I loved everything about my 2020 except the features it didn't have that have since been addressed by the MY21 & 22. It bugged me every time I drove it that I was missing a couple things. (Power fold tow mirrors w/ 360 camera view & reverse lighting, HUD, DRVM, TT Pkg, & ORG.) Now we've got the trailer 360 view (I'm very proficient backing a trailer, but f-it I want it anyway!) And UConnect 5 is ICING ON THE PERVERBIAL CAKE. I finally can cut the cord and still get Android Auto.

(You may have noticed I left off the moon roof, but that I specifically didn't want. I don't like light coming in from overhead when I drive, it let's in some wind noise, and I can't sit quite as high as I want b/c of the lack of headroom)

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I can confirm that in Canada you can now build 2022 Ram 1500 models on the site.

I can also confirm that there are price increases even from when I ordered in mid August. E-Torque has gone up from $995 to $1,195 as one example.
C'mon RAM US, give us OUR B&P now!!! (Just tried it-shows u guys still get TTPMS with your tow package) 🤔

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I probably (read I did) go overboard but when you're spending this much already why not get everything you want? I loved everything about my 2020 except the features it didn't have that have since been addressed by the MY21 & 22. It bugged me every time I drove it that I was missing a couple things. (Power fold tow mirrors w/ 360 camera view & reverse lighting, HUD, DRVM, TT Pkg, & ORG.) Now we've got the trailer 360 view (I'm very proficient backing a trailer, but f-it I want it anyway!) And UConnect 5 is ICING ON THE PERVERBIAL CAKE. I finally can cut the cord and still get Android Auto.

(You may have noticed I left off the moon roof, but that I specifically didn't want. I don't like light coming in from overhead when I drive, it let's in some wind noise, and I can't sit quite as high as I want b/c of the lack of headroom)
I know what you mean. I'm actually slightly more interested in Level 1 now that they're merging the Tech Group with it (depending on what they does to the price). But I can (easily) live without it (Adapt. Cruise/ASG stuff) cause I haven't had it before. My last vehicle before my current one had keyless entry, and so does my current one, so that's like 8 years of having it, no way I can give that up now. I'll be yanking on my locked door and grunting in frustration every time I go to get in my car lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another HUGE upgrade that's supposedly coming to the 2022 models: An upgraded cabin air filter. That alone is worth an extra $1000.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another HUGE upgrade that's supposedly coming to the 2022 models: An upgraded cabin air filter. That alone is worth an extra $1000.
That's the thing where it's basically an KN95 mask for your vehicle, right? Doesn't that mean it will be much more expensive to replace that filter though?

PCHokie

Reaction score
Check out this article. Mentions bright red pkg for Limited and other things. I noticed bright red was shown in NADAGuides B&P. Also mentions Trailer Hitch Light.

"The 10th Anniversary Edition stands apart with exclusive blue paint, 22-inch wheels, and unique badging."

I do not recall seeing 22" wheels in 10th package I ordered.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
"The 10th Anniversary Edition stands apart with exclusive blue paint, 22-inch wheels, and unique badging."

I do not recall seeing 22" wheels in 10th package I ordered.
Misprint I think. It's an available option. They're still referring to Blue Shade paint but configurator still on Patriot.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Misprint I think. It's an available option. They're still referring to Blue Shade paint but configurator still on Patriot.
Yeah, must be. When I ordered I told them I wanted the exclusive blue shade and was told there was no such thing, Patriot was only blue available. They gave me this as well.

WTF is a "Jeweled Rotary Shifter"??? Am we going to have some goofy bedazzled gear selector :/

Attachments

• 10th_Package.JPG
    10th_Package.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 37

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that there's no updated chart for today. Haven't gotten any new user VINs in the past 24 hours, and there's no change to the assumptions.

It is a little odd that there are no new user VINs. Last ones I saw were ordered on 8/25-8/26 - I believe there's a temporary pause on new VIN issuances. The big question is, when will they resume (and what will be the VIN ranges). On the 2021 lineup, there were several "events" where the VINs jumped up to another range (e.g., going from 100xxx to 200xxx). Perhaps that's about to happen here. Or, Ram has finally decided to park new orders in "C" status (no VIN issued) until they're ready to start scheduling.

I guess we'll see what happens.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Yeah, must be. When I ordered I told them I wanted the exclusive blue shade and was told there was no such thing, Patriot was only blue available. They gave me this as well.

WTF is a "Jeweled Rotary Shifter"??? Am we going to have some goofy bedazzled gear selector :/
2021-07-18 09.19.27.jpg

Mr_662

Reaction score
I just reached out to Ram Chat today for an update on my order and they gave me the following:

"Thank you very much Symon and thank you so much for your patience and holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

When I asked for the status they said they don't have access to the status letters anymore. Does anyone know what status that would equate to?

Ram Rebel Fully Loaded
Ordered: 07/30/21
Status moved to D: 08/03/21

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just reached out to Ram Chat today for an update on my order and they gave me the following:

"Thank you very much Symon and thank you so much for your patience and holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

When I asked for the status they said they don't have access to the status letters anymore. Does anyone know what status that would equate to?

Ram Rebel Fully Loaded
Ordered: 07/30/21
Status moved to D: 08/03/21
Sounds like D1 to me. Ask your dealer for confirmation.

By the way, Ram Chat is lying about not having access to the codes anymore. I just saw a Ram Chat conversation where they specifically said they had the codes (but it was against company policy to state the codes).

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like D1 to me. Ask your dealer for confirmation.

By the way, Ram Chat is lying about not having access to the codes anymore. I just saw a Ram Chat conversation where they specifically said they had the codes (but it was against company policy to state the codes).
Ugh, why do they have to lie, they could just tell us it's policy not to give out codes anymore (probably because they're subject to change, as in go backwards, because of how crazy everything is right now). That's understandable.

Asking megacoprs to be honest with their customers, what am I saying…

Users who are viewing this thread