5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add to the latest confusion, whatever that means...as of yesterday, my order is in C status. Not sure if that's a step back or forward.

Hasti17

Reaction score
If any of you are having your truck shipped to you from a OOS dealer, keep checking in on freight rates, in my line of work we have seen our freight prices increase dramatically in the last 5 weeks. Obviously grain of salt advice, but it could be a pretty substantial change to what you may have been guessing a couple months ago

Hasti17

Reaction score
Add to the latest confusion, whatever that means...as of yesterday, my order is in C status. Not sure if that's a step back or forward.
The others who saw that recently went D1 shortly after

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The others who saw that recently went D1 shortly after
I'm hoping for the same, but who knows at this point. LOL
According to "official" status codes, its actually a step back, but seems to be that in-between step now.

4th RAM

Reaction score
Thanx man. What did it cost you ?
It was 2 trucks ago, and I think I paid $180 for the install, plus I had to source the controller itself because it was at a time when they were hard to come by. I called around and found one an hour away. I could be off though- it was a while ago.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
Dealer just told me that Ram halted all production of 1500s yesterday. Trying to get more info.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Maurice is a bot. That's the exact same thing word for word he told me yesterday. Unless he copy and paste it.
Given the grammar and diction used by some of the people on Ram Chat, my guess is that they do have canned responses they keep copy/pasted in a document that they can then use when someone asks a question to which they think the response applies. Plus, I'd like to think if any of the Ram Chat folks were bots, Stellantis would have programmed them with better grammar and diction.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Dealer just told me that Ram halted all production of 1500s yesterday. Trying to get more info.
tumblr_mc4bpeaKzA1r1yr6b.gif

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't hate me, just temporary, probly for the labor day holiday folks....

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I'm not seeing anything in here that we didn't already know. SHAP is closed this week (but only for a week). Did I miss something?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything in here that we didn't already know. SHAP is closed this week (but only for a week). Did I miss something?
I think what is confusing is that here on this thread we have alot more insider info then pretty much anyone outside that isn't monitoring the situation.

We knew about this last week (I even added the post I saw last week about the Facebook union page) but it seems like it's super slow to get out to the masses. Then people get surprised.

Besides, it's not like we have any control over anything... plus I know automakers are really anxious that folks might go elsewhere to get a car/truck faster, and lose out. That's why the public news is a little slow to react.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

HozayM

Reaction score
I’m still in C status. Have been through the weekend. Was hoping I’d have the same luck @PCHokie but alas, no luck 👎🏻

Hasti17

Reaction score
I’m still in C status. Have been through the weekend. Was hoping I’d have the same luck @PCHokie but alas, no luck 👎🏻
fair guess says if the are not producing they arent gatelining either... so its entirely possible there wont be movement untill they get closer to startup

DTol

Reaction score
fair guess says if the are not producing they arent gatelining either... so its entirely possible there wont be movement untill they get closer to startup
I would think that if they are preparing for "Start-Up" that they would be scheduling some of the 22 D1s. It seems that they are not so this makes me a little afraid that things might not jump into production right away after the lay-off.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I would think that if they are preparing for "Start-Up" that they would be scheduling some of the 22 D1s. It seems that they are not so this makes me a little afraid that things might not jump into production right away after the lay-off.
They most likely have an operation window, d1 means Parts secured, that is to say they will not schedule any farther than they can Guarentee parts for. Figure MAYBE 2 weeks if they can produuce 1000 trucks a day, they will schedule 1000 more for two weeks out, ect. So when production stops so should the schedule so one doesnt get ahead of the other.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They most likely have an operation window, d1 means Parts secured, that is to say they will not schedule any farther than they can Guarentee parts for. Figure MAYBE 2 weeks if they can produuce 1000 trucks a day, they will schedule 1000 more for two weeks out, ect. So when production stops so should the schedule so one doesnt get ahead of the other.

This is my question. When it’s at d1, we know it’s scheduled and lined up. The follow up thought is timeframe. Is that 24-48 hours, or longer?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Hasti17

Reaction score
This is my question. When it’s at d1, we know it’s scheduled and lined up. The follow up thought is timeframe. Is that 24-48 hours, or longer?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I suppose eighty will give us more indication as D1's get build sheets

Users who are viewing this thread