5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Update on the tracking chart. No new additions in the past 2 days (surprising). I've seen a couple people say they've placed an order, but I need the last 6 digits of the VIN (at a minimum) to get you added to the tracker.
You'll notice I updated the assumption on start of production - currently assuming the week of 9/6. This is based on the dealer rumor that production has pushed back, but also the fact that no one is in D1 status yet.
For visual purposes, I also made the target arrival date more of a fuzzy area than a hard window. Just want everyone to keep in mind that these are all make-believe dates.

View attachment 103366
So are you saying you want us to stop calling our dealers and saying, “Eighty says my build sheet is available. GIMMIE!”

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!! If we don't get production updates by the 30th of this month... I'll fix the stupid brakes on my current truck.

I know the second I tighten the last bolt the dealership going to call me and tell me I just wasted money fixing my brakes.
Heard a Ram ad on Fox, i think, just as I got home today liked the 0% for 72 mos on 1500 crew cabs. Hope there are some incentives once our 22s hit the lot

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
follow up. I've ALWAYS thought 0% was a rip off and even fantasized about suing a dealer over it. (based upon consumer protection laws and deceptive advertising) My understanding is a dealer will tell you no discount off msrp if you get 0% financing vs. a buyer who negotiates down from msrp and does his own financing or cash. If a dealer holds firm at msrp because for you to get 0% financing, then it truly isn't zero percent. MD confirmed in writing that buyers get all incentives available at the time of delivery. Other dealers keep any rebates/incentives when you negotiate price. It would be awesome if there were some of these incentives available at the time of delivery. Has anyone actually received 0% in the past AND received a good discount off msrp?

RockJock

Reaction score
There was something on these forums about the possibility of good incentives for the 22s in the 4th quarter. I think it was from a dealer conference call. Hopefully it ends up being true and we can get our trucks by the end of the year. I don't suppose we can lock incentives that fall between order and delivery. August order, December incentives, January delivery as an example.

I'm half tempted to cruise the UAW Facebook page and start adding people that work at SHAP to see if they have any insight. What's the worst that could happen? They don't respond?

I'm still hoping I didn't get stuck without the Tech Group contents. I suspect my order was submitted 8-2 (line item TG unavailable), and effective 8-4 TG is part of Limited Level 1, but Level 1 was still $2,995. I don't want to be stuck in the middle. I should get the TG because by the time they start building my truck the package changes will be in effect. Final invoice to dealer would have the increased cost of Level 1, whatever that ends up being. That's what I think and hope will happen. That's my biggest hang up. Can't do much except wait for the build sheet to show up.

NEHolts

Reaction score
My dealer just confirmed that they have 2 2500s that are in D1 with an estimated ship date of 9/4. They are 2022 trucks. I know they are made in a different plant but one can hope this is a good sign….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dealer just confirmed that they have 2 2500s that are in D1 with an estimated ship date of 9/4. They are 2022 trucks. I know they are made in a different plant but one can hope this is a good sign….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, the HD trucks started production on a different schedule. As did the DS (Classic) trucks. The DTs are on their own little island.

BNeal

Reaction score
follow up. I've ALWAYS thought 0% was a rip off and even fantasized about suing a dealer over it. (based upon consumer protection laws and deceptive advertising) My understanding is a dealer will tell you no discount off msrp if you get 0% financing vs. a buyer who negotiates down from msrp and does his own financing or cash. If a dealer holds firm at msrp because for you to get 0% financing, then it truly isn't zero percent. MD confirmed in writing that buyers get all incentives available at the time of delivery. Other dealers keep any rebates/incentives when you negotiate price. It would be awesome if there were some of these incentives available at the time of delivery. Has anyone actually received 0% in the past AND received a good discount off msrp?
When I ordered my '21 Limited, I got the truck at invoice plus the 0% and an extra $500 for moving from BMW over to Ram. There were no other incentives when my truck came in back in September, but I was told that I would get them if there were any.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Only for big horns and warlocks
Well they could pivot to laramies and rebels Q4 To get people into the GT package. Also it might also be a good sign that ram dominates sales right now. Marketing Might just decide to take a victory lap and throw discounts on trucks to push sales numbers through Q4 as high as they can

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I got my wife's Atlas with both the dealer discount and 1.9% VW incentive interest rate. Everythiny was negotiated via text. They started with the typical "we can't do that". I "virtually" walked away via text, and they immediately caved. Drove to Texas to pick it up, and no hassles from the fiance people.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
When I ordered my '21 Limited, I got the truck at invoice plus the 0% and an extra $500 for moving from BMW over to Ram. There were no other incentives when my truck came in back in September, but I was told that I would get them if there were a
When I ordered my '21 Limited, I got the truck at invoice plus the 0% and an extra $500 for moving from BMW over to Ram. There were no other incentives when my truck came in back in September, but I was told that I would get them if there were any.
That was a great deal and ruins my theory on 0%. Was the financing (0%) on the whole deal or only part of it? That would be awesome if we had any incentives like that when we take delivery.
The zero percent on the whole deal or only a part financed. That's a great del

BladeK

Reaction score
Talked to my dealer today. He has no 1500's in D1. No delivery date on anything except 2500's. They also have no real idea on production dates.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Donlen last update 7/14, so new news anywhere. Our trust lies in Triple B and Eighty

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Donlen last update 7/14, so new news anywhere. Our trust lies in Triple B and Eighty
Lol, you’re outta luck then. We have no magical powers…
I just gather user info and rumors, and try to guess when the magical dates might theoretically happen.
Triple_B does have some magical powers, but it’s only when the trucks are built.

Speaking of rumors, I heard that SHAP ran out of sport hoods last week and had to send a lot of people home on the body side.
And there’s another rumor that a Ram rep confirmed that builds are still starting 8/25.
Lots of rumors out there…

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Lol, you’re outta luck then. We have no magical powers…
I just gather user info and rumors, and try to guess when the magical dates might theoretically happen.
Triple_B does have some magical powers, but it’s only when the trucks are built.

Speaking of rumors, I heard that SHAP ran out of sport hoods last week and had to send a lot of people home on the body side.
And there’s another rumor that a Ram rep confirmed that builds are still starting 8/25.
Lots of rumors out there…
there are times I wish I bought a 21, then I wake up and am glad i'm waiting. I just wish I had my da-- truck!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
there are times I wish I bought a 21, then I wake up and am glad i'm waiting. I just wish I had my da-- truck!
UConnect 5 in and of itself is worth the wait for me.... I think there may be a few other very minor enhancements that are gonna come as well on the 22's..... It really stinks but I believe it's gonna be worth it for all of us!!!!

ny2az

Reaction score
For you east coast Ram buyers ... This deal is for the Trx's as well as the Ram 1500's ...
l just came across a dealer on the Trx Forum site that is doing 4% under invoice w/ an additional 1% if you have a valid affiliate code ... so l would think this is at least if not a better discount than Mark Dodge in La.

Chapman Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram of Horsham, PA
TOM is the owner operator

[email protected]
215-410-2210

Ashlie Ryan - Sales
Business Development Team Lead
Chapman Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram of Horsham, PA
http://www.chapmannewcars.com/
215-674-3600
Cell: 267-483-9747

Last edited:

Randboye

Reaction score
Yep, I got the same 2020 brochure a few weeks ago. Can’t say I blame them…they don’t appear to know exactly what they’re selling yet in the 2022’s, given all the confusion with package pricing. So I guess they punted and pulled out an old stack of brochures from the corner.
“Nobody will notice”
I received a 2020 brochure also. I was thinking about requesting another, hoping they send a 2022 one this time with a coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread