5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I just hope my current truck makes it to December..... a 2004 Chevy Avalanche with a broken radio.
Sorry to hear the news. be glad, some of you, that you have a truck. I sold mine in May. I do have an alt. vehicle but I miss my truck!!

Shawn19

Reaction score
I’m driving my trade till my BC comes in. 3 months down the road may get the good trade price I have renegotiated. And who knows what’s gonna happen to the market.

deanno33

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful they start next week. I really am struggling to think I will be going through end of Oct and November hunting season without a truck. Although I put a small elk antler sticker on my Kia Soul (backup car) it won't help it get back to where I need it to go. Also, we decided to sell our house on a whim (sold in 24 hours) and now I'm truck-less for the move at the end of Sept. U-haul....I guess.

Dealer sent a new POC yesterday and the price of the base Bighorn/Lonestar Crew 4x4 increased $225 from my original order sheet. Not a big deal as everything else is still intact and priced the same as when I ordered. Build priority went from 99 to 01 but think that's normal once the order becomes final anyway.

Last edited:

ManUp2Down

Reaction score
Just got some potentially bad news. A dealer who is active on the TRX forum said he was notified that “Job one” for 2022’s has pushed back to the first week of September. They need an extra week to finish the 2021’s.
Such depressing news, would it really push them out to December?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Come on baby...get those 2021 orders done to start the 2022 ones.

Via Facebook post.
5769a1e08efc51111fcc6262000a9e20.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

4th RAM

Reaction score
Was anyone able to order a Big Horn with the Night Edition in patriot blue?

NADA said it wasnt an acceptable combo and I didn't even think to ask the dealer when I ordered.

It doesn't really matter since I already ordered the pearl black, but I would like to know for curiosity's sake. A bit of second guessing while waiting for my truck to be biult.

RockJock

Reaction score
Well hopefully they start soon. We could still start getting our trucks in October. As long as I get all the options I ordered I'll be happy even if it's a 4-5 month wait. I bought a 2011 Chevy in Oct. 2010. It's kind of cool to get the next year's model before that year has started.

BladeK

Reaction score
Well Donlen build dates are still showing the 25. Hopefully it holds that way.

Yoodie

Reaction score

NADA said it wasnt an acceptable combo and I didn't even think to ask the dealer when I ordered.

It doesn't really matter since I already ordered the pearl black, but I would like to know for curiosity's sake. A bit of second guessing while waiting for my truck to be biult.
I was looking at it and it seemed on Nada the only Patriot + Night Edition that would work was on the Limited. Unfortunate Because it is a nice combo.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well Donlen build dates are still showing the 25. Hopefully it holds that way.
Donlen just isn't a great source for info. Yes, they're a data point, but not a great one. They also said that orders would start on 6/14...and they actually started on 5/6.

deanno33

Reaction score

I know it was available on the Bighorn with Backcountry package. That package includes the night package. However, you'd have to live with the two tone black / patriot blue with the BackCountry.

Kingbama

Reaction score
My wife just found out that one of her good friends’ dad is a GM for a local CDJR here in Houston. He told her he would happily take care of me and to give his number to me. I am sure you can imagine the excitement I felt at that moment. Long story short, he would not even match MD let alone beat them. He gave me some reasons but I wasn’t listening due to the inner rage and frustration.

The one thing I did manage to hear him say, after I asked if he knew of any upcoming promotions, is that he was on a conference call a few days ago and one of the things discussed was that Marketing is currently working on a “major” Q4/EOY campaign to promote the new MY rollout and most all current incentives will be ending by Sept 1st. He did not give any specifics. I do not know how true this is but maybe could be good news?

Hasti17

Reaction score
My wife just found out that one of her good friends’ dad is a GM for a local CDJR here in Houston. He told her he would happily take care of me and to give his number to me. I am sure you can imagine the excitement I felt at that moment. Long story short, he would not even match MD let alone beat them. He gave me some reasons but I wasn’t listening due to the inner rage and frustration.

The one thing I did manage to hear him say, after I asked if he knew of any upcoming promotions, is that he was on a conference call a few days ago and one of the things discussed was that Marketing is currently working on a “major” Q4/EOY campaign to promote the new MY rollout and most all current incentives will be ending by Sept 1st. He did not give any specifics. I do not know how true this is but maybe could be good news?
This would be excellent news, all the dealers around me are having a hell of a time. not alot of foot traffic to a new car dealer if they dont have any and few want full price... one dealer has 30 DT's and has had a inventory turn time approaching 6 weeks for just those. Anecdotes aside, hopefully they try and Butter people up to get them back in dealers and we all catch the good fortune.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
caught up on posts. On the delays re: hunting season. Hope they don't build mine on the first day of hunting season. I'm superstitious and read a book many years ago about car defects when they are built on first of hunting season due to substitute workers. Not sure if relevant today. A question that has started to gnaw at me and I wondered if any members have experience with this: We ordered in good faith based upon the price at the time of our order and received our signed sales contract and poc. If manufacturer prices are increased are the increases past on to us or does the dealer eat it or does the dealer pay based upon their order date?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Wish I could say that. I’m renting a car at $1000/month until mine comes in. It sucks paying that much money, especially to drive a car I don’t like. But the alternative is to buy an expensive used vehicle, pay sales tax and registration, then lose money when I trade in.
If you live anywhere near Houston, I'll rent you one of my unused cars for much less than $1,000 per month.

Users who are viewing this thread