5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
So it says at the bottom that the Advanced Safety Group is no longer available on the Limited ... I'm assuming they meant as a standalone package? As even in the past it was included in the Limited Level 1 group, correct?

Also they say the HUD and Rear View Digital mirror are included in the Limited Level 1 ... I'd imagine that the LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp is part of that inclusion too? Surely that didn't just disappear? (It was in the Technology Group previously).

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I am reading this to mean, "we aren't touching existing sold orders (just stock orders)". From everything I've seen and heard, if you have a VIN then your order won't be modified. They're just messing with unconfirmed and upcoming orders.
I agree with your reading, except that if the goal is to achieve simplicity, and it says that this applies to the 2022 model year - none of which have actually (we think) started being built yet, it doesn't make a ton of sense to simplify the ordering but keep the production complicated by not altering all orders going through the line. Again, only considering they haven't started building them yet at all, it really seems to actually complicate things to have one 2022 Limited with the "group 1" option meaning one thing, but the very next truck on the line is another 2022 Limited but the "group 1" option means something different. I don't know, just seems like it'd be all or nothing from the get-go. I didn't order the ASG so if I end up having the rearview and HUD as a bonus, so be it. I'm not excited to have it or I would have ordered it in the first place. But we'll see!

The difference may also just be how they deal with the pricing between Sold Orders and Sold Stock. Sold stock they'll adjust the pricing of the group 1 to factor in the additional stuff, but sold orders they'll just eat it for those relatively few.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
So it says at the bottom that the Advanced Safety Group is no longer available on the Limited ... I'm assuming they meant as a standalone package? As even in the past it was included in the Limited Level 1 group, correct?

Also they say the HUD and Rear View Digital mirror are included in the Limited Level 1 ... I'd imagine that the LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp is part of that inclusion too? Surely that didn't just disappear? (It was in the Technology Group previously).
As an option group, it is no longer available. This goes back to the idea of simplification - why have two options packages that are largely the same, creating angst in those buying/ordering, when you can eliminate (the cheaper) one and generally appease more people.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The digital rearview mirror only works if it has the CHMSL with camera, so I would assume it's moving into that package as well.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I agree with your reading, except that if the goal is to achieve simplicity, and it says that this applies to the 2022 model year - none of which have actually (we think) started being built yet, it doesn't make a ton of sense to simplify the ordering but keep the production complicated by not altering all orders going through the line. Again, only considering they haven't started building them yet at all, it really seems to actually complicate things to have one 2022 Limited with the "group 1" option meaning one thing, but the very next truck on the line is another 2022 Limited but the "group 1" option means something different. I don't know, just seems like it'd be all or nothing from the get-go. I didn't order the ASG so if I end up having the rearview and HUD as a bonus, so be it. I'm not excited to have it or I would have ordered it in the first place. But we'll see!

The difference may also just be how they deal with the pricing between Sold Orders and Sold Stock. Sold stock they'll adjust the pricing of the group 1 to factor in the additional stuff, but sold orders they'll just eat it for those relatively few.
I'm not in manufacturing, and I've learned to never underestimate the stupidity of others, but what you say above makes perfect sense if one assumes that Ram is going to approach this logically. If the true goal here is to simplify things, it makes no sense to have parallel manufacturing tracks going on (i.e., Sold Order Limited 1 means one thing while Stock Order Limited 1 means another). However, as I read the letter, the statements that "[o]ur collective goal remains . . . reducing confusion for customers when ordering a truck," "[t]he following product changes will be implemented effective immediately," options "now includ[ing" and "no longer available," and "stock orders in the pipeline will be modified . . ." all lead me to believe these changes are only forward-looking and will not impact sold orders already accepted.

Of course, I'm just a peckerwood trying to be smart, so I'm probably wrong.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a dream that my 2022 ram big horn back country order was canceled.

I'm thinking way too much about a truck that I don't have....lol

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Hasti17

Reaction score
I'm not in manufacturing, and I've learned to never underestimate the stupidity of others, but what you say above makes perfect sense if one assumes that Ram is going to approach this logically. If the true goal here is to simplify things, it makes no sense to have parallel manufacturing tracks going on (i.e., Sold Order Limited 1 means one thing while Stock Order Limited 1 means another). However, as I read the letter, the statements that "[o]ur collective goal remains . . . reducing confusion for customers when ordering a truck," "[t]he following product changes will be implemented effective immediately," options "now includ[ing" and "no longer available," and "tock orders in the pipeline will be modified . . ." all lead me to believe these changes are only forward-looking and will not impact sold orders already accepted.

Of course, I'm just a peckerwood trying to be smart, so I'm probably wrong.
No you're probably right, obviously people who custom order their trucks are a relatively small subset, But if they went ahead and started penciling in/out options their most involved and dedicated customers already pre-determined, it would cause obvious issues for anyone whos price changed or options removed. Bad gas travels fast, and marketing knows the impact of a couple thousand pissed off orders is worse than just those who pull out, its all the people they actively dissuade with their negative experience.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I had a dream that my 2022 ram big horn back country order was canceled.

I'm thinking way too much about a truck that I don't have....lol

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I have some poor guys truck fullscreen on my work pc cause its close enough to my build to feel like it actually exists

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dealer called again today, just to follow up on some of the questions I was asking him. Highlights:
  • Everything they're being told by their Ram rep is consistent with what I'm hearing/seeing. No changes to existing SOLD orders, Ram is just limiting new orders (and revising STOCK orders)
  • Builds will be as sequential as possible for sold orders, but will depend heavily on the availability of parts.
  • My dealer doesn't have any sold orders in D1 yet, but expects to see some in the coming days.
  • Making an order today is confusing and ever-changing. Ram is revising the pricing (even on 2021 orders that are being delivered).
That last note might worry some people. Not me, because my agreement is locked in based on 2021 pricing (and the dealer absorbs any increases).

My take on the changes to packaging: They needed to do this a while back. The options are cross-pollinated everywhere, and it's confusing at best (even the Ram pricing software is confused).

When it comes to the factory floor, the workers don't know (or care) which package was purchased. They just see that the next truck on the line is supposed to get the part they install (or not).

Rau

Reaction score
Just received this email from Sandi.

1628180902604.png

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can that letter be more confusing for those with sold orders with VINs in the pipeline? Sheesh. I chose not to get the HK and mirror/headsup because I didn't see it of value at that price. If it works in to becoming a value prior to me going to D1 it may work out... but too many questions right now

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just found this. Nothing to do with 2022 orders, but give an indication of what they're currently putting out. They're not hitting their production goal, but they got 5,823 vehicles out. So my current assumption of 6,000/week (for 2022's) is still pretty close.

1628188028955.png

shepboyrd

Reaction score
My salesman got back to me today and said his rep unfortunately did not add the Tech group in time so I'm out of luck on that one.

Kingbama

Reaction score
Thank you for this. I’ve always wondered why the Limited Level 1 Equipment group did not include the Technology options. Honestly that whole equipment group should be standard for that high dollar of a vehicle. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they will make the Level 1 $3995 instead of $2995 now that TG is included in it. That’s how much it would have been anyways if you added it in separately. Maybe we will get lucky and it stays at 3k.

thenachobro

Reaction score
My dealer called again today, just to follow up on some of the questions I was asking him. Highlights:
  • Everything they're being told by their Ram rep is consistent with what I'm hearing/seeing. No changes to existing SOLD orders, Ram is just limiting new orders (and revising STOCK orders)
  • Builds will be as sequential as possible for sold orders, but will depend heavily on the availability of parts.
  • My dealer doesn't have any sold orders in D1 yet, but expects to see some in the coming days.
  • Making an order today is confusing and ever-changing. Ram is revising the pricing (even on 2021 orders that are being delivered).
That last note might worry some people. Not me, because my agreement is locked in based on 2021 pricing (and the dealer absorbs any increases).

My take on the changes to packaging: They needed to do this a while back. The options are cross-pollinated everywhere, and it's confusing at best (even the Ram pricing software is confused).

When it comes to the factory floor, the workers don't know (or care) which package was purchased. They just see that the next truck on the line is supposed to get the part they install (or not).
I joined Tread Lightly and hope that no matter the price, I will come in 1% under invoice! I had the dealer print up the build sheet when pricing for 2022's hit and I hope they stick to the price on that build sheet. I will hit them up next week.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I joined Tread Lightly and hope that no matter the price, I will come in 1% under invoice! I had the dealer print up the build sheet when pricing for 2022's hit and I hope they stick to the price on that build sheet. I will hit them up next week.
Nice...im doing the same exact thing. At least 1% under invoice. Since I'm ordering a big horn, I'm hoping to get so incentives as well.

I have the controller number. And tread lightly email...now I just need the d@mn truck...lol

rickyf

Reaction score
So I tried to place an order with my dealer and he is showing "Technology Group" is not an option at this time. Is that what we're all hearing around here? They must be limiting that option? He tried telling me he thought it came with the Limited now, but I'm 99% certain he's wrong about that. Trying to build a fairly loaded Limited w/Night. He seems annoyed that I even believe it is an option package, but as we all know sometimes we know quite a bit more than the dealers know.
The Tech Group is included in the Limited Level 1.

Attachments

• 1628167785938.png
    1628167785938.png
    261.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread