5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Maybe interesting: When I build out my order on Nada today, the invoice price of Limited level 1 equipment group is $2,756. The invoice price of that option on my order placed 7/30 is $2,112. Nada also still has the Tech package and Safety packages listed, so it's not that the recently moved items are accounted for. or are they? That $600 increase may account for the HUD and mirror?

Moondogger

Reaction score
Maybe interesting: When I build out my order on Nada today, the invoice price of Limited level 1 equipment group is $2,756. The invoice price of that option on my order placed 7/30 is $2,112. Nada also still has the Tech package and Safety packages listed, so it's not that the recently moved items are accounted for. or are they? That $600 increase may account for the HUD and mirror?
When I did the NADA build on Sunday 08/01 the invoice price for Limited Level 1 was $2,756.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was at the dealer today, got a new POC and everything is there as when I ordered it, not pricing or equipment changes. He also thinks that production might be starting next week. SO...maybe?

RockJock

Reaction score
The Tech Group is not included in the Limited Level 1.
The heads up display, LED 3rd brake light, and digital rear view mirror are what made up the standalone Technology Group. I figured the LED 3rd brake light wasn't listed in that memo since it's a given with the digital mirror (camera is in LED brake light).
Invoice (FWP) on my 7-19 order was $2,756. Did you order the Tech Group? Maybe Level 1 with Tech Group orders were invoiced for both options in preparation for the package change. I can't decide how much sense that makes or if they could even do it like that.

I'll call my dealer tomorrow. I think (hope) combining Level 1 and Tech Group is the reason they thought the Tech Group wasn't available any more.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
The heads up display, LED 3rd brake light, and digital rear view mirror are what made up the standalone Technology Group. I figured the LED 3rd brake light wasn't listed in that memo since it's a given with the digital mirror (camera is in LED brake light).

Invoice (FWP) on my 7-19 order was $2,756. Did you order the Tech Group? Maybe Level 1 with Tech Group orders were invoiced for both options in preparation for the package change. I can't decide how much sense that makes or if they could even do it like that.

I'll call my dealer tomorrow. I think (hope) combining Level 1 and Tech Group is the reason they thought the Tech Group wasn't available any more.
No, I didn’t have the tech group. Only thing I can think is that because I also have the Night Edition, which also includes the HK system, maybe some money came off the Level 1 because of the duplication in item. But no idea really.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, I didn’t have the tech group. Only thing I can think is that because I also have the Night Edition, which also includes the HK system, maybe some money came off the Level 1 because of the duplication in item. But no idea really.
Same thing I saw, the level 1 price dropped with the Night Edition. My POC still shows level 1 and tech group listed separately.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Off topic. I think dealers tell you whatever they think you want to hear…. How many times did someone comment the dealer said they are going to start production next week? This post is a gift and a curse. I tune in twice a day hoping to hear about the trucks production date. It’s just anxiety wish they would hurry the heck up!!

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I keep thinking it would occur to me but it hasn't. What is HUD?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update for some new additions (@wintaborn, @Hillbilly2, @Vakali72, @Daveb). Still no changes to the assumptions on production. Although I'm a little perplexed that we're not hearing of anyone going into D1 status. We're only 2 weeks away from the (theoretical) start of 2022 production.

1628258136586.png

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Just an update for some new additions (@wintaborn, @Hillbilly2, @Vakali72, @Daveb). Still no changes to the assumptions on production. Although I'm a little perplexed that we're not hearing of anyone going into D1 status. We're only 2 weeks away from the (theoretical) start of 2022 production.
I just talked to Ram chat and this guy said they are still waiting to hear from RAM when the MY22 production will start. I know RAM chat is the worst of sources, but it is another data point.

BladeK

Reaction score
Ram chat still in scheduling stage!!! Damn this waiting is killing me. It better get here soon are my wife is going to actually kill me.

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah...like previous post with ram chat with the scheduling, but it seems like they are giving a little more information.

For example, before I would get a generic response of "materials have been ordered, and being scheduled", but today I got the response of "they have the parts, and it's being scheduled". Don't know what the difference is but I see it as progress

No official D status, but I think we are super close to starting the 2022 RAM 1500 builds.

Right now Ram chat is the best source of information on when it starts because right after my ram chat session, dealer only showed the D status and is gathering parts.

Will try again next friday.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, according to a regional rep call this week, I was informed the lead time specifically on a TRX right now (assuming no further part supply issues or COVID delays) is 126 days from order. This would follow in line with @Eighty's graph.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, according to a regional rep call this week, I was informed the lead time specifically on a TRX right now (assuming no further part supply issues or COVID delays) is 126 days from order. This would follow in line with @Eighty's graph.
Wait that’s 4 months. So your telling me as of right now if I ordered a truck I’m waiting four months? Realistically since my order has been placed since the middle of July when should I expect my truck to be delivered to my house? In your opinion

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait that’s 4 months. So your telling me as of right now if I ordered a truck I’m waiting four months? Realistically since my order has been placed since the middle of July when should I expect my truck to be delivered to my house? In your opinion
Here's a real-world answer. Orders started in early May. So some of us are already at 3 months, and it will be AT LEAST another 1.5-2 months before we could even hope to see a truck.

And that follows in line with the last of the 2021 orders. There are people who ordered in April that are just now seeing their trucks. That's 4 months.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It’s a sad number but it’s very accurate 4 month wait time for orders. Chip shortage and coronavirus has pretty much hammered the auto industry.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread