5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To be fair though, if you ordered in May before FCA was even accepting orders and without pricing, it doesn't really count. Count from the official opening of orders to when you get it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair though, if you ordered in May before FCA was even accepting orders and without pricing, it doesn't really count. Count from the official opening of orders to when you get it.
I don't agree with that statement. 2021 orders were cut off, and they rolled into taking 2022 orders. Production is the same thing...they roll out of 2021 production, and into 2022's. Basically, it's a seamless transition (with a different model year designation). Only real difference is the planned shutdown that occurs for a week.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Sooo your telling me I won’t see my truck until December!!
I'm actually hoping for December (VIN received 7/31). Best chance of good incentives will be December so if it means waiting an extra week to get some/any more money off, I'm good with that. May be a dry December for incentives this year given market conditions, but again if there is a chance of there being any it would be at the end of the year.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I keep checking Ramtrucks.com to see when the site shifts to 2022 build. I'm thinking any day now. I don't trust Nada or Edmunds, etc.Any one have any insight or perhaps knows from last year when the website might be undated to 2022 builds. I want to compare options and price!! of course. Thoughts?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep checking Ramtrucks.com to see when the site shifts to 2022 build. I'm thinking any day now. I don't trust Nada or Edmunds, etc.Any one have any insight or perhaps knows from last year when the website might be undated to 2022 builds. I want to compare options and price!! of course. Thoughts?
Nada was pretty spot on when I built my 22 before I went to the dealer. It was maybe $1,000 off.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Nada was pretty spot on when I built my 22 before I went to the dealer. It was maybe $1,000 off.
Same. It was spot on with the exception of the rice for the level 1 equip option referenced earlier. Everything else was correct to the dollar.

brenan00

Reaction score
Wait that’s 4 months. So your telling me as of right now if I ordered a truck I’m waiting four months? Realistically since my order has been placed since the middle of July when should I expect my truck to be delivered to my house? In your opinion
12 to 16 weeks, or close to 4 months, the wait for the 21's was as long. You guys are going drive yourselves crazy. Delivery can take another 3 to 5 weeks, with the way containers are now it might sit in a rail yard for a week or two. I was fortunate 13 weeks, if it gets here next week.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12 to 16 weeks, or close to 4 months, the wait for the 21's was as long. You guys are going drive yourselves crazy. Delivery can take another 3 to 5 weeks, with the way containers are now it might sit in a rail yard for a week or two. I was fortunate 13 weeks, if it gets here next week.
It's not just ram...orders from Ford and chevy are taking months too.

Even chevy has to remove some features from their trucks, to get them out the door.

It's order and wait for months, or pay thousands over MSRP for the low inventory stock that you can find on the market.

In general, it's a bad time for automotive companies, so I don't know why people get upset for hearing that they have to wait 2 months (and that is generous number) for a truck/car order.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

RockJock

Reaction score
I talked to my dealer today. They said I should end up with HUD and DRVM since I ordered Level 1. It sounds like a miscommunication at the dealer resulted in them telling me the Technology Group wasn't available because of the chip shortage which led me to believe the HUD and DRVM wouldn't be on my build. In reality they must have tried to submit my order after standalone TG was removed, but before they got the information that it was rolled into Level 1. Just a freak thing of perfectly bad timing causing anxiety lol.

After I get my VIN what website do I pull up to get my build sheet? I'm going to make 110% sure the HUD and digital mirror are on it as soon as I can.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I talked to my dealer today. They said I should end up with HUD and DRVM since I ordered Level 1. It sounds like a miscommunication at the dealer resulted in them telling me the Technology Group wasn't available because of the chip shortage which led me to believe the HUD and DRVM wouldn't be on my build. In reality they must have tried to submit my order after standalone TG was removed, but before they got the information that it was rolled into Level 1. Just a freak thing of perfectly bad timing causing anxiety lol.

After I get my VIN what website do I pull up to get my build sheet? I'm going to make 110% sure the HUD and digital mirror are on it as soon as I can.
It’s not a website. You should get your build sheet known as a POC from your dealer. It should have your von followed by vin and show everything you Ordered. This should be after rim accepts your build.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The actual "Build Sheet" isn't generated until your truck goes to production. All you'll get until then, as @RDSnj2021 says, is your POC (Priced Order Confirmation).

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I just got my second email with a $1000 coupon from ram Towards 2021 purchase. Expires 8/31. In June I followed some advice on this forum to go on ramtrucks.com, at the bottom, and email them. I think I request a brochure About two weeks later I got my first $1000 coupon. Once the 2022 builds are posted online, I’m going to try to do this again and see if I get a coupon towards A 2022. MD has advised us that all incentives and coupons are credited in our favor at the time of delivery. This is also in contrast to my local dealers who always indicate their price includes all incentives Which would go to their favor. Also, it hasn’t been mentioned here much but MD only charges 219 for their dealer charge plus the agreed-upon price. This is in contrast to almost $1000 dealer fee here in New Jersey and in Florida which would be my alternate purchase venue

Gracieboy

Reaction score
I just got my second email with a $1000 coupon from ram Towards 2021 purchase. Expires 8/31. In June I followed some advice on this forum to go on ramtrucks.com, at the bottom, and email them. I think I request a brochure About two weeks later I got my first $1000 coupon. Once the 2022 builds are posted online, I’m going to try to do this again and see if I get a coupon towards A 2022. MD has advised us that all incentives and coupons are credited in our favor at the time of delivery. This is also in contrast to my local dealers who always indicate their price includes all incentives Which would go to their favor. Also, it hasn’t been mentioned here much but MD only charges 219 for their dealer charge plus the agreed-upon price. This is in contrast to almost $1000 dealer fee here in New Jersey and in Florida which would be my alternate purchase venue
Mark Dodge just raised their fee's to $444 as of August 1st

3DVol

Reaction score
I tried this a month ago and have gotten nothing. I have gotten emails form a local dealer though.

brenan00

Reaction score
It's not just ram...orders from Ford and chevy are taking months too.

Even chevy has to remove some features from their trucks, to get them out the door.

It's order and wait for months, or pay thousands over MSRP for the low inventory stock that you can find on the market.

In general, it's a bad time for automotive companies, so I don't know why people get upset for hearing that they have to wait 2 months (and that is generous number) for a truck/car order.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I know. I thought I wanted a Denali, they said the wait would be 5 to 6 months, and we want $10K extra for placing the order on top of msrp. Aloha can mean goodbye too, so I thanked her for the glass of water and left.

Fliphappy

Reaction score

You ordered on 7/19 and don't have a VIN yet? That's a long time. And the POC just lists the individual options and packages selected, not what each package actually consists of. Or any of the standard features your truck will have. For those things you'll be waiting a while, either until RAM finally updates their web site for the 2022s or your truck goes into production and you get the build sheet.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't need a container to ship a truck, not sure why containers would affect shipping a truck?

Users who are viewing this thread