5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where to ask this question, if this is the wrong place let me know. Just curious if 2021 compatible aftermarket parts will be compatible on the 22's. Mainly wondering on exhaust, intake, and leveling kit. Based on everything I have read, I would guess they would be the same in those areas, but you guys would know best. I'd like to have the exhaust and leveling kit here when the truck comes in.
Yes on both, this would probably be best asked in the specific areas of the forum for mods, but yes, the '21 stuff should work on '22s. If that isn't the case, a bunch of us that have '22s ordered and bought stuff are screwed. LOL

4th RAM

Reaction score
I commented on the Order thread, but since it is a 2022, I'm putting it here too:

I just got my VIN today, last digits: 122803.
I ordered on 7/17/21.

1500 BigHorn

shepboyrd

Reaction score
Well I called back, told the salesman to get ahold of his regional rep. He said he is going to give it a shot and let me know what happens. I'll post back with an update when I get one. Thanks for the help fellas
Update*
Salesman called me up a few minutes ago and said his representative was able to submit the request to add the technology group but that does not guarantee it will go onto the build sheet. The rep also told him they have not started making any 22s yet. Pretty sure that was already confirmed here

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is there a list of bonus or incentives when doing the paperwork, Such as, my salesman said I can get a bonus for owning my own business and being military or owning the same brand that I’m purchasing, there seems to be a lot of these little added bonuses, just wondering if it is a manufacture thing or dealer thing? And if anyone might have some other little offers I don’t know about.

firedfly

Reaction score
Anyone in D1 yet?
I'm in the process of ordering from Mark Dodge. I asked about when they expect delivery. As part of her response, Sandi said that several of their 2022 orders from May are now in D1 status and have estimated production dates next month. They are currently expecting delivery in 14-16 weeks for new orders with production beginning around August 9.

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
What do you think the depreciation rate will be? In a normal market is assume worst case 8%-10% per year. Quick Google says a RAM 1500 has a 40%ish depreciation after 5 years. The sale price discount should cover the driving off the lot depreciation. In the current market, you maybe able to make money by just flipping it after 3 months.
It's that crazy!! That's equity in car! Absolutely crazy

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering from Mark Dodge. I asked about when they expect delivery. As part of her response, Sandi said that several of their 2022 orders from May are now in D1 status and have estimated production dates next month. They are currently expecting delivery in 14-16 weeks for new orders with production beginning around August 9.
Thank you! I've resisted emailing her to ask since I know they have to be swamped.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update, based on new additions to the tracker (@MojitoJLUR, @4th RAM), plus some other interesting developments.
  • A couple of sources (not necessarily rock-solid) are saying August 9th for 2022 production, enough that I'm pushing back the assumed start date.
  • The newest order is way off in La-La land, leaving a gap of more than 23,000 VINs. Given that someone on this forum said that they were told (by a dealer) that their 2021 order had been pushed to 2022, I'm thinking that's what this is. I hope to get some VIN confirmations on that soon.
I guess the good news is that - maybe - we're about to see some movement. Especially given what @firedfly said above (several May orders for 2022's are now in D1 status). Unfortunately, mine isn't one of them yet.

1627502216487.png

firedfly

Reaction score
I guess the good news is that - maybe - we're about to see some movement. Especially given what @firedfly said above (several May orders for 2022's are now in D1 status). Unfortunately, mine isn't one of them yet.
I just got off the phone with Sandi (paying the deposit on my truck!). She said they have a handful of 2022 orders in D1 with scheduled production dates of 8/9-8/11. She expects they'll receive those trucks in early September. Hopefully that will turn out to be accurate!

thenachobro

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Sandi (paying the deposit on my truck!). She said they have a handful of 2022 orders in D1 with scheduled production dates of 8/9-8/11. She expects they'll receive those trucks in early September. Hopefully that will turn out to be accurate!
I will visit my dealership tomorrow to see what they say about mine! :)

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
She's pretty steadfast. When I ordered (3rd week of June) she told me to not be surprised if she called me at the end of August to say it was there (this is when the original start date was first week of August). I said I was shocked that was a possibility. She chuckled and said that they choose to be an optimistic bunch around there because there's no reason not to be.

RockJock

Reaction score
Update*
Salesman called me up a few minutes ago and said his representative was able to submit the request to add the technology group but that does not guarantee it will go onto the build sheet. The rep also told him they have not started making any 22s yet. Pretty sure that was already confirmed here

Was the rep trying to add technology group after the original order was already submitted?

csicoli

Reaction score
@Eighty can I be added to your build estimate list? Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition, ordered 7/5, last six of VIN are 120898

Matrixband

Reaction score
Update for new additions (@Pi Esq., @MarkParr, @Panzar07). There are a couple more that have expressed interest, but I need the VINs in order to add to the chart.
I also revised a few things:
  • I pushed back the assumed start date from 7/26 (today) to 8/2. I'll continue to push this back weekly, until we see production start - or see something definitive.
  • I created another set of data points at 4 weeks from Buildsheet, and revised the shaded area to reflect a "delivery window" of 3-4 weeks from Buildsheet. This should make it a little more clear as to when we would all be hoping to take delivery.
View attachment 100976
I spotted this chart today (very nice) I finally got my VIN number, well, it may have been there, but I have it now. It's way early on for a 2022. The VIN ends in 0892. So, maybe way early on in this chart. Ordered around May 15th.

4th RAM

Reaction score
@Eighty- thank you so much for the tracker. It is nerve-wracking having to wait, and having a systematic approach to determining build and delivery dates helps me feel more informed (even if it is a SWAG). I look forward to seeing the data points move as our information develops!

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Eighty - Do you really think they will omit the Tech Group when the truck is a sold order and was ordered with it? I'm actually looking forward to getting the Tech Group.
Going back thru posts and catching up. Apologies if this was answered....I had to upgrade to Limited Longhorn trim to get the tech group and ASG options. I really wanted a Larmaie but couldn't order these options at this time. Hopefully RAM did this intentionally knowing what parts would be available at the time of build. Fingers crossed.
Highroller: Is there a list of bonus or incentives when doing the paperwork, Such as, my salesman said I can get a bonus for owning my own business and being military or owning the same brand that I’m purchasing, there seems to be a lot of these little added bonuses, just wondering if it is a manufacture thing or dealer thing? And if anyone might have some other little offers I don’t know about.
I was told by Mark (and have it in writing) that any "incentives" that are offered at time of delivery would be applied in my favor against balance due. I have read that if you push hard, some dealers might apply some incentives at time of order. I didn't pursue this with Mark as nothing was offered and the only incentives are through third parties. I don't recall the names but I think one was a credit union and another Allstate?? You have to read thru many threads to get these. Another option that only takes a minute, but relies heavily on 'timing' is to go on ramtrucks.com when the 2022 build shows up and build a truck. Then go to the bottom and if I recall correctly, email ram. A couple of weeks later you 'MAY' receive a coupon for $1,000. Timing will determine if it can be applied. I did this in June to build a 2021 and a few weeks later received a coupon for $1000 but it was only good on 21s. Don't know if they will do this on 22s early on.
maybe if we had vins eighty could track this. I wonder when these 22s were ordered.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
image.jpg
Im asking about the OTD price!! Price I got was 63,540. What are your thoughts on this? Any advice or comment are well appreciated. I woke up today with anxiety if I’m getting a good deal or not!!! HELP!!

Users who are viewing this thread