5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
Ok, it's Monday, 7/26..plant should be open and building ALL the 2022's, who's got a window sticker?! LOL
I got my confirmation this afternoon. They told me it'll be on the lot by 8/12 and they are also giving me a credit for $10,000 for being so nice and waiting.

....I wish....

I called my dealer and got the same message. :(

Teddy

Reaction score
I was specifically told by Mark that my order could not be changed or modified. Also, how do you check this "D" status? Through the dealer or by calling ram chat or some other way??
You can call your dealer or utilize Ram Chat.

shepboyrd

Reaction score
I was specifically told by Mark that my order could not be changed or modified. Also, how do you check this "D" status? Through the dealer or by calling ram chat or some other way??
I talked to my salesman today to see if I could add on the technology group to my truck and he said the truck is D status so it is too late to edit the order. Ordered 06/28

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I talked to my salesman today to see if I could add on the technology group to my truck and he said the truck is D status so it is too late to edit the order. Ordered 06/28
Incorrect info. You can still change in D status. Especially now since the 2022's haven't started production yet. Tell your dealer to contact their regional rep if they can't do it.

BladeK

Reaction score
I talked to my dealer about add multifunctional tailgate. They said they would have to check with the Ram Rep to see if it would push me down the production line.

RockJock

Reaction score
How do you guys deal with the wait? I've been waiting 3 years for the right time to order. I ordered a week ago today. Ever since then it feels like time stopped LOL.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
How do you guys deal with the wait? I've been waiting 3 years for the right time to order. I ordered a week ago today. Ever since then it feels like time stopped LOL.
I feel the same EXACT way. I saw the 19s. And was like ok thia is my new truck. Took me three years to pull the trigger. Ordered exactly what I wanted and was so excited until at the end of the process and I quote “ I’ll see you in October”. My stomach dropped. 😢😢

BladeK

Reaction score
My wife is about to kill me. I ordered 5-22 so it's killing. Almost went and bought one but it didn't have all the stuff I ordered. So that is what keeps me going.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with the wait?

I deal with it by commenting on every Ram that I see on the road - particularly when my wife is in the car.
“Hey, there’s a Rebel”
“Ooh, that’s a TRX”
If I have to be miserable during the wait, well, you know what they say. Misery loves company.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I'm stocking up on cr@p for my 2022 order. I did have a 2020 laramie that I sold like a month ago, and it's nice not having a car note.

Back in the day ( 5 years ago...lol), when I placed my order for my 2016 dodge charger rt scat pack, it was a bad 2 months. I think I was chatting with dodge chat pretty much every other day. At least during that time I did get real updates, and it would change every week.

Now it's been close to 1.5 months since I placed my order, and it hasn't been easy and I know I have alot longer to wait.

What I hope is that we get some kind of incentive for hanging on so long for an order, like what ford is doing. They are giving folks $1k incentive for orders placed.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
It's tough. The worst is not having definite timeline or new information on production scheduling. Ram, I suspect, will be quiet on 22s until their summer promotion, tv ads, etc. of the 21s is over and I'm not sure when that will be. Ram trucks.com still only showing 21 builds which is somewhat worthless as you can't order a 21. On top of that, I'm worrying Ram will tell me in a few weeks they can't build my truck unless some options are dropped. all the past time waiting would be lost. so, it's grueling.....

RockJock

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting the wait to be this bad 😅 I figured it would get better after I ordered. Wrong! I keep telling myself I'm closer to getting a Ram than ever before. It doesn't help much. I'll be glad when it comes in and I can take delivery. I think everyone around me will be glad too!

Are you guys ordering mods for 2021 trucks with the assumption they'll fit a 2022? I want to order a Revolver X4S but of course 2022 isn't listed yet.

deanno33

Reaction score

I keep telling myself that my 2022 will be a lemon and that I will long for the days I was waiting for it :)

Honestly I'm taking advantage of time to research tires and tonneau covers without feeling pressured. Wish there were more options for OWL in 275/60/20. Discount Tire has an exclusive Cooper ATP 2 tire that looks pretty nice, but since it's a new model in 2021, there are like no on-line reviews on any forums. Wish the Cooper AT3 still had white letter in the standard load 33s.

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
Incorrect info. You can still change in D status. Especially now since the 2022's haven't started production yet. Tell your dealer to contact their regional rep if they can't do it

How do you guys deal with the wait?
I'm upgrading from an Xterra that used to off-road with. The last few years something has broken almost every month (no doubt from all the off-roading)

The second I put the payment down for the truck my Xterra has been great. Oddly enough my main reason for purchasing was I needed to CATs and O2 to pass emissions. Randomly all the codes when away one day and it's been running code free for a few months now.

I think she knows it's the end of the line

So I'm dealing with the wait by enjoying the little time I left with her.....

.....but I feel at this point its like it's the end of Deadpool 2 where he's just laying there waiting to die but he won't.

shepboyrd

Reaction score
Incorrect info. You can still change in D status. Especially now since the 2022's haven't started production yet. Tell your dealer to contact their regional rep if they can't do it.
Well I called back, told the salesman to get ahold of his regional rep. He said he is going to give it a shot and let me know what happens. I'll post back with an update when I get one. Thanks for the help fellas

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you guys ordering mods for 2021 trucks with the assumption they'll fit a 2022? I want to order a Revolver X4S but of course 2022 isn't listed yet.
Yes, no changes to the body. Shouldn't have any issues.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe a small glimmer of hope. A pretty reliable source on the TRX forum posted this after someone asked how many '21s were left to build:
"I heard there are around 8k 1500's left to be built. 2022 models look to be getting a August 15th build date from what my source just told me. They also might have a week lay off next week because of parts shortages"

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe a small glimmer of hope. A pretty reliable source on the TRX forum posted this after someone asked how many '21s were left to build:
"I heard there are around 8k 1500's left to be built. 2022 models look to be getting a August 15th build date from what my source just told me. They also might have a week lay off next week because of parts shortages"
Well its a very small glimmer of hope. The concern is parts. They were already down for the last 2 weeks. You would think parts came in during that time to stock up. If they take another week off, that would put it at the timeframe of end of august.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well its a very small glimmer of hope. The concern is parts. They were already down for the last 2 weeks. You would think parts came in during that time to stock up. If they take another week off, that would put it at the timeframe of end of august.

Yes, but I'm hoping they got parts in for the remaining 21s, then the week off and start on 22's when they get back. If next week will be an "off week".

Users who are viewing this thread