5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe a small glimmer of hope. A pretty reliable source on the TRX forum posted this after someone asked how many '21s were left to build:
"I heard there are around 8k 1500's left to be built. 2022 models look to be getting a August 15th build date from what my source just told me. They also might have a week lay off next week because of parts shortages"
Interesting. And I hope that this is true. The 8/26 date that is flying around just hasn't smelled true, based on the timelines of 2021 orders. The final 2021 orders (April and early May) are starting to roll in, meaning that the 2022's should be coming soon - given the 2-week shutdown. So I've been scratching my head on why things would just jump to 8/26.
The UAW 1700 facebook page is now listing that they're on 24-hour shifts this week, so they're in full production mode right now. Prior to the shutdown, they were turning out ~7000 units a week. So if they've got 8000 left to go, then they might wrap up the 2021's this week or next.
Now, knowing that there are continuing parts shortages will affect everything. But hearing a 2022 startup date of 8/15 certainly sounds more plausible.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Yes, but I'm hoping they got parts in for the remaining 21s, then the week off and start on 22's when they get back. If next week will be an "off week".
I hate to even raise this issue but if our trucks are built without all the options are we obligated to accept it? Does anyone have any idea how ram will deal with the issue if parts are not available? Will they contact us first or build and ship a truck that doesn’t have all the options we ordered??

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to even raise this issue but if our trucks are built without all the options are we obligated to accept it? Does anyone have any idea how ram will deal with the issue if parts are not available? Will they contact us first or build and ship a truck that doesn’t have all the options we ordered??
I've been wondering the same thing. I would sure hate to wait for 4-5 months, then get a truck that I didn't want.
Based on some of the other threads in here (like the Active Air Dam Delete), I suspect they'll just ship it without saying anything. That's a fairly minor option, though. The only one that I've heard of that truly concerns me is the Tech Group that was omitted (but it may have been a dealer screw-up).
For the most part, it seems like they'll just sit on orders that are missing parts, until they can complete them.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that, while I am a lawyer, I’m not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice. (Required disclaimer because, well, lawyers suck and make everything worse.)

With that out of the way, I’ve never seen a document that would obligate anyone to buy any vehicle they special ordered, even if it were exactly what they asked to be built. However, even if such obligation existed (and I haven‘t seen anything that would act as an obligation), it would exist only within the exact specifications of the build; i.e., you couldn’t be held to purchase something you didn’t request… unless you signed a document stating you agree to purchase anything the dealer presents to you. If that’s the case, you deserve whatever happens to you.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I was worried about that same thing when I placed my order and specifically asked the sales manager what happens if the truck doesn't come as I ordered, also if for whatever reason I'M unable to buy it and he said there is no obligation to buy the truck. If at any time between ordering and even when it's on the lot, if I don't want it for any reason what-so-ever I can back out of it. Also if I put any money down, they're required by law to give me a refund. No penalty costs.

Now to be clear, I don't know if this is a nationwide thing or just California.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
The UAW 1700 facebook page is now listing that they're on 24-hour shifts this week, so they're in full production mode right now. Prior to the shutdown, they were turning out ~7000 units a week. So if they've got 8000 left to go, then they might wrap up the 2021's this week or next.
Now, knowing that there are continuing parts shortages will affect everything. But hearing a 2022 startup date of 8/15 certainly sounds more plausible.
They also have a mandatory 25 hour Saturday schedule this week. Do they normally work Saturdays?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They also have a mandatory 26 hour Saturday schedule this week. Do they normally work Saturdays?
They have been working Saturdays for a while, not sure if it's "normal" or not. I know they weren't meeting their production targets during the week, maybe that has something to do with it.

R3RAM

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. I would sure hate to wait for 4-5 months, then get a truck that I didn't want.
Based on some of the other threads in here (like the Active Air Dam Delete), I suspect they'll just ship it without saying anything. That's a fairly minor option, though. The only one that I've heard of that truly concerns me is the Tech Group that was omitted (but it may have been a dealer screw-up).
For the most part, it seems like they'll just sit on orders that are missing parts, until they can complete them.
Eighty - Do you really think they will omit the Tech Group when the truck is a sold order and was ordered with it? I'm actually looking forward to getting the Tech Group.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sandi @ Mark Dodge made it sound like what you ordered is what you get. Based on chip shortages and slow orders I would imagine they don't ship your build until its built as ordered. They are mitigated supply shortages for some of these packages by just not offering them in lower trims. If your truck comes not as ordered, it's an unintentional mistake.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
YEP! I have a feeling we'll be paying for gap insurance for a long time before before it equals out
:(
What do you think the depreciation rate will be? In a normal market is assume worst case 8%-10% per year. Quick Google says a RAM 1500 has a 40%ish depreciation after 5 years. The sale price discount should cover the driving off the lot depreciation. In the current market, you maybe able to make money by just flipping it after 3 months.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Eighty - Do you really think they will omit the Tech Group when the truck is a sold order and was ordered with it? I'm actually looking forward to getting the Tech Group.
I don’t have enough information to “think” one way or another. I just listen and learn. I hear that Ram has deleted active air dams without telling anyone, and I hear a story about a truck being delivered without the tech group (I’m thinking it was a dealer error). Based on that, I’ve checked with my dealer to see if there are any changes to my POC, and it’s currently the same as the day I ordered. So I don’t know what will happen. I imagine that Ram is holding orders until they can be fulfilled as specified, but I’m secretly bracing myself for bad news.

ny2az

Reaction score
I don’t have enough information to “think” one way or another. I just listen and learn. I hear that Ram has deleted active air dams without telling anyone, and I hear a story about a truck being delivered without the tech group (I’m thinking it was a dealer error). Based on that, I’ve checked with my dealer to see if there are any changes to my POC, and it’s currently the same as the day I ordered. So I don’t know what will happen. I imagine that Ram is holding orders until they can be fulfilled as specified, but I’m secretly bracing myself for bad news.
@Eighty, the 2022 Ram limited will not have the active air dam ... if this is the case, will the harness still be there ... is this a plug and play function or programming needed to activate ...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty, the 2022 model limited will not have the active air dam ... if this is the case, will the harness still be there ... is this a plug and play function or programming needed to activate ...
Damifino. Seems like only a couple of users are reporting this (active air dam deletion). I would expect that the wiring is the same and Ram is just pushing out trucks without it when they can’t install the physical parts. But this is just speculation. I have no insider information here.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
The active air dam deletion is definitely a thing on some 2021 models so I imagine it will carry over to 2022 at least for some time. There are multiple Rams on the lot at local dealers with a discount for active air dam delete on the window sticker.

drm827

Reaction score
No you’re not obligated. They messed up my 2021 order and I refused it to take it after checking it out.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
No you’re not obligated. They messed up my 2021 order and I refused it to take it after checking it out.
Thanks to "esq" and rest for input on this. btw, I'm a lawyer too but wanted candid input. Same disclaimer as esq.I went back and read in detail my "order" form from my dealer. It's clearly not written like a binding contract although it has dealer/buyer signatures. It refers to "deal#".Doesn't say non-refundable deposit, etc. Without getting into the rest, it doesn't appear like it is binding-but you are left hanging a bit. I suppose state law might apply here too so who knows (LA). then their is the goodwill factor. Dealers already have a bad rep. (probably worst than lawyers) and it would be bad for business with social media, etc. to sue a customer or keep a deposit. Better business for dealer to just throw unit into stock on refused order.I agree with the replies that if options are left out I don't see how anyone could be forced to buy the truck and not get a deposit back. I personally hope they hold the builds until all parts are in stock.

shepboyrd

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where to ask this question, if this is the wrong place let me know. Just curious if 2021 compatible aftermarket parts will be compatible on the 22's. Mainly wondering on exhaust, intake, and leveling kit. Based on everything I have read, I would guess they would be the same in those areas, but you guys would know best. I'd like to have the exhaust and leveling kit here when the truck comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread