5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
The supply issues look like they're going to carry into next year, so if you wait for a '23, you may be in the same waiting boat and question if you should get a '24. There will always be something coming. If you like the truck, get the order in and minimize the wait. Once they start production, and if they hit their goal of 6k trucks a week, it's going to take them about 8 weeks to build the 50,000 or so that have already been ordered. That doesn't take part shortages into account or the fact that they haven't met the 6k/week goal yet.

Yes that will always be true but the 2023 will be a mild refresh.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got some potentially bad news. A dealer who is active on the TRX forum said he was notified that “Job one” for 2022’s has pushed back to the first week of September. They need an extra week to finish the 2021’s.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got some potentially bad news. A dealer who is active on the TRX forum said he was notified that “Job one” for 2022’s has pushed back to the first week of September. They need an extra week to finish the 2021’s.
:(
0f30aa68a3c9b0cba90a7343dd1cfac9.gif

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Fliphappy

Reaction score
If this pushes my delivery into December, prime incentive month of the year, I'm okay with it. But I am sorry for everyone who has been waiting much, much longer than I have to this point and will have once all is said and done.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Didn't even think about the December incentives ... wondering if rebates are a thing of the past for a while. Glad I got 5% below invoice!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If this pushes my delivery into December, prime incentive month of the year, I'm okay with it. But I am sorry for everyone who has been waiting much, much longer than I have to this point and will have once all is said and done.

To be honest, I really doubt the incentives will be good. Here are my reasons.

Reason 1. Very little to no 2021 inventory, so the demands for 2022 models will be high and less will be available already at this point with delays when building them

Reason 2. Used inventory is higher, but people want new cars/trucks. Dealers love that msrp number for new cars and some used car prices are as high as new cars. Why buy used when paying for new is the same.

Reason 3. If there is ANY discounts, it would any 2021 model. But again, there is little to no inventory on those.

Reason 4. Car manufacturers are building less 2022 models due to chip issues

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I see all the long faces and bubba lips here. Don’t get too down about it. Think of it like Christmas - the anticipation is the best part. All the communal bonding and what-iffing…this is the good stuff. Once you actually get your truck, you’ll be like, “What am I supposed to do now? Drive it?”

Moondogger

Reaction score
Ok, I see all the long faces and bubba lips here. Don’t get too down about it. Think of it like Christmas - the anticipation is the best part. All the communal bonding and what-iffing…this is the good stuff. Once you actually get your truck, you’ll be like, “What am I supposed to do now? Drive it?”
I know..... but I wanted to tell all my friends when my truck shows up in October that "I have a truck from the future..."

Fliphappy

Reaction score
To be honest, I really doubt the incentives will be good. Here are my reasons.

Reason 1. Very little to no 2021 inventory, so the demands for 2022 models will be high and less will be available already at this point with delays when building them

Reason 2. Used inventory is higher, but people want new cars/trucks. Dealers love that msrp number for new cars and some used car prices are as high as new cars. Why buy used when paying for new is the same.

Reason 3. If there is ANY discounts, it would any 2021 model. But again, there is little to no inventory on those.

Reason 4. Car manufacturers are building less 2022 models due to chip issues

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I don’t necessarily think there will be, either. But if there are, it would be in December. That’s my only point.

brenan00

Reaction score
Chaos ensues.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to take the bright side. I'm enjoying not having a car/truck payment. More mods for me, or at least paying down the credit cards, to make room for more mods...lol

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to take the bright side. I'm enjoying not having a car/truck payment. More mods for me, or at least paying down the credit cards, to make room for more mods...lol

Wish I could say that. I’m renting a car at $1000/month until mine comes in. It sucks paying that much money, especially to drive a car I don’t like. But the alternative is to buy an expensive used vehicle, pay sales tax and registration, then lose money when I trade in.

Reactions: Jtr

Hasti17

Reaction score
To an extent, I see their logic. But it breaks down with the Build And Price feature still existing for a model that can't be "built" and is unlikely to produce many, if any, dealer matches given the realities of the market. That said, simply pull it down would cause a firestorm of questions, as would changing it to the 2022 model information when a customer has no actual possibility of seeing a match from that given there haven't been any built yet. This is definitely an awkward time in the product cycle. I suppose it could be resolved to some degree by adding on the option of the Build and Price for 2022 and retaining the 2021, giving the buyer the ability to choose between them.
Many sites have it as toggleable, that is to say choose your model and then a toggle with 21/22. Seems like an easy fix , but i guess they arent paying us the marketing dollars are they.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Many sites have it as toggleable, that is to say choose your model and then a toggle with 21/22. Seems like an easy fix , but i guess they arent paying us the marketing dollars are they.
RAM made the configurator toggle-able last year. It can and it SHOULD be done right now to help ease the anxiety for some of us. And quite frankly I believe it would help them sell even more trucks because it builds excitement when you can visualize and dream the end results.

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk

Moondogger

Reaction score
Wish I could say that. I’m renting a car at $1000/month until mine comes in. It sucks paying that much money, especially to drive a car I don’t like. But the alternative is to buy an expensive used vehicle, pay sales tax and registration, then lose money when I trade in.
I just hope my current truck makes it to December..... a 2004 Chevy Avalanche with a broken radio.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn...sorry to hear. That's alot of money.

If it was the winter, I would have not traded in my 202p laramie, and in fact, I would have kept it. I'm lucky I have another car and with the pandemic, I'm home alot more.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
But Eighty….. I was supposed to have mine last Christmas 🎅

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/