5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

brenan00

Reaction score
What is the DT 1500 ?
DT 1500 is the 5th generation light duty truck, 2500 and 3500 are HD or heavy duty then there is the classic 1500 which is the 4th generation and is a DS.
There is a forum for each, you can find the HD forum on the forum tab
I know, clear as mud.

deanno33

Reaction score
I find it weird that there are no press cars. Not a single video on YouTube with 2022. Only Detroit auto show. That’s about it.
This is the only one I've found....other than the Chicago auto show videos. A backcountry in white (vs all the silver pics / videos from auto show).

dsbull

Reaction score
This is the only one I've found....other than the Chicago auto show videos. A backcountry in white (vs all the silver pics / videos from auto show).

Nice find. But yeah very limited on videos and actual pictures.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think as long as there is 2021 inventory on the lots, they're going to push those existing units consumer forward.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think as long as there is 2021 inventory on the lots, they're going to push those existing units consumer forward.
Only reason why I would not buy my 2022 ram big horn back county...is if they offered me a trx....at a steep discount (literally like more than 30% off msrp...lol).

Just sayin...its not possible, but always a slight chance.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

domes

Reaction score
Ordered 2022 G/T (8/14), waiting on VIN, will update once I have it.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Did any of the Advanced Safety Group features get moved into the Longhorn Level 1 package, or just the Tech Group stuff?

I've asked three different dealerships and gotten three different answers. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

ManUp2Down

Reaction score
I find it weird that there are no press cars. Not a single video on YouTube with 2022. Only Detroit auto show. That’s about it.
Agreed I've done my fair share if research and nothing. My dealer doesn't have anything either. Is this normal?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I agree, and the fact that even on Ram's website it still showing up as build your 2021 even though you haven't been able to order a 21 since at least as far back as June 1st.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, and the fact that even on Ram's website it still showing up as build your 2021 even though you haven't been able to order a 21 since at least as far back as June 1st.
May 6th, actually.

Dread

Reaction score
I asked them about this actually and this was the email reply I received.

"I understand you have started to research into your next vehicle purchase, and I am excited to hear of your consideration of our Ram lineup!

The website listings as well as the “Build & Price” feature on the Ram Brand website is meant to reflect the Ram models within dealerships’ inventories and not the ordering system. Closer to the market launch of the 2022 models, you should anticipate seeing the Ram website being updated to reflect the 2022 product information as it becomes available."

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I asked them about this actually and this was the email reply I received.

"I understand you have started to research into your next vehicle purchase, and I am excited to hear of your consideration of our Ram lineup!

The website listings as well as the “Build & Price” feature on the Ram Brand website is meant to reflect the Ram models within dealerships’ inventories and not the ordering system. Closer to the market launch of the 2022 models, you should anticipate seeing the Ram website being updated to reflect the 2022 product information as it becomes available."
To an extent, I see their logic. But it breaks down with the Build And Price feature still existing for a model that can't be "built" and is unlikely to produce many, if any, dealer matches given the realities of the market. That said, simply pull it down would cause a firestorm of questions, as would changing it to the 2022 model information when a customer has no actual possibility of seeing a match from that given there haven't been any built yet. This is definitely an awkward time in the product cycle. I suppose it could be resolved to some degree by adding on the option of the Build and Price for 2022 and retaining the 2021, giving the buyer the ability to choose between them.

Last edited:

RockJock

Reaction score
I suppose it could be resolved to some degree by adding on the option of the Build and Price for 2022 and retaining the 2021, giving the buyer the ability to choose between them.
I've seen them do that in the past. It was either 19 and 20 or 20 and 21. It would be nice if they would do that again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread