5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
I am just putting in an order for a 2022 1500 and my dealer says minimum of 12 weeks. Seems like a safe bet he's correct on the minimum part. I'm just worried it will take a lot longer and then I'll just had wished I'd waited for a 2023. Limited Level 1 Package went up $700 but now includes the Technology Package (HUD, LED rear light, and Rear View Camera Mirror). Seems like a deal? I'm going to be getting about $10k off sticker it seems.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am just putting in an order for a 2022 1500 and my dealer says minimum of 12 weeks. Seems like a safe bet he's correct on the minimum part. I'm just worried it will take a lot longer and then I'll just had wished I'd waited for a 2023. Limited Level 1 Package went up $700 but now includes the Technology Package (HUD, LED rear light, and Rear View Camera Mirror). Seems like a deal? I'm going to be getting about $10k off sticker it seems.
The supply issues look like they're going to carry into next year, so if you wait for a '23, you may be in the same waiting boat and question if you should get a '24. There will always be something coming. If you like the truck, get the order in and minimize the wait. Once they start production, and if they hit their goal of 6k trucks a week, it's going to take them about 8 weeks to build the 50,000 or so that have already been ordered. That doesn't take part shortages into account or the fact that they haven't met the 6k/week goal yet.

tombellanca

Reaction score
@Eighty - is your chart just for 1500's or 1500/2500/3500's?
I've got a 2500 Laramie Olive Green on order from June 9 - vin 1052xx

Fingers crossed your chart is reasonably accurate with the truck coming by October. I've got a FWC to install at the beginning of December. Doesn't seem like I'm cutting it close - but sure feels like it!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Fingers crossed your chart is reasonably accurate with the truck coming by October. I've got a FWC to install at the beginning of December. Doesn't seem like I'm cutting it close - but sure feels like it!
My chart is for DT 1500’s only. The HD trucks are on a different timeline and are built in a different factory.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
True...dealers are using the "no" word alot more, because some other sucker will pay over msrp.

I'm also not that person that will travel hundreds of miles to save an extra couple percent.

If you are under MSRP when placing an order. It's a win for my eyes, and I won't pressure anybody to say "I got a better deal at xxx dealership".

It's a different animal right now with vehicles and its not a good time to buy.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs

Eighty will respond but im pretty sure just 1500DTs

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really excited to see tracking info on production dates, builds,window stickers and delivery info. Also interested to see how sold orders shake out against dealer orders. Thanks to 80 for his work.
The real excitement will begin soon. With the very gracious help of @triple_B (who apparently is doing this for entertainment, not because he’s waiting on a truck!), we will have some interesting data coming in.
As the build sheets show up, I’m going to start showing trim-specific durations (order-to-build). There likely won’t be any discernible pattern to it all, just like the 2021 builds. But at least it will keep us busy. You know what they say, idle hands are the devil’s workshop.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The real excitement will begin soon. With the very gracious help of @triple_B (who apparently is doing this for entertainment, not because he’s waiting on a truck!), we will have some interesting data coming in.
As the build sheets show up, I’m going to start showing trim-specific durations (order-to-build). There likely won’t be any discernible pattern to it all, just like the 2021 builds. But at least it will keep us busy. You know what they say, idle hands are the devil’s workshop.
My hunt for info began back on August 18th, 2020 (1 year tomorrow!) when I ordered my TRX and then by about the morning of the 19th got impatient waiting for updates and lack of information online. I took delivery in February, it just so happened to help many others on the TRX forums so I kept my daily updates going.

Brings up a question though, going back to 2018, the 5thgen forums had some type of tracking available but it has since been taken down. Does anyone know what that actually included? Was it full status tracking, I had heard of some old system Chrysler had available that allow status updates but it was shut down years ago as well. Maybe they were tied together and so 5thgen went offline when Chrysler took their system down?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My hunt for info began back on August 18th, 2020 (1 year tomorrow!) when I ordered my TRX and then by about the morning of the 19th got impatient waiting for updates and lack of information online. I took delivery in February, it just so happened to help many others on the TRX forums so I kept my daily updates going.

Brings up a question though, going back to 2018, the 5thgen forums had some type of tracking available but it has since been taken down. Does anyone know what that actually included? Was it full status tracking, I had heard of some old system Chrysler had available that allow status updates but it was shut down years ago as well. Maybe they were tied together and so 5thgen went offline when Chrysler took their system down?
VOTS. I’ve run across a bazillion mentions of it when researching ways to track orders. But I don’t know anything about it.

Kingbama

Reaction score
Thanks guys for answering my question about the taxes. I asked Sandi at MD for an updated build sheet now that TG is included in the Level 1 Equipment Group. According to my price sheet it’s still $2995. I saw some of you say the Level 1 price dropped. If it did it must have been before they added the TG into Level 1. My updated price was MSRP $68,460 and sale price is $59,459. I can also confirm the fees are now $444. Sandi said that this changed for the entire state of Louisiana Dealership Association on Aug 1st.

I am still going to have to wait until I can find another $5k or so to get the price down to my wife’s approved budget. But Sandi is awesome… quick to reply even tho she knows I am waiting.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VOTS. I’ve run across a bazillion mentions of it when researching ways to track orders. But I don’t know anything about it.
Ok, that is all I could ever really find was mention of it, but not much more. Do we know if the 5thgen offering was using the VOTS to gather information as well? Presumably so since they both seem to have gone offline around the same time from what I can gather.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found some old info on VOTS. Seems you had to register your name, email, and last 8 digits. Then, you could get updates on several stages of production:
  • Production scheduled (also notified via email)
  • Frame
  • Paint
  • Trim
  • Final Inspection
  • Shipment (also notified via email)
  • Delivery

I have no clue what was used in 5thGen.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I clicked on the link and it took me to rams site. When I scrolled down, I was excited to see some info on 2022 trucks.

Getting excited!!

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What 22 info on which link??

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk
Nothing crazy...just some of the new trims...like the back country, and rebel gt, laramie gt.

Just a couple of pictures and a paragraph of info.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Ah gotcha.... there was a little blurb on Limited 10th but it's gone now. RAM is keeping it very close to the vest!

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/