5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

bebrown1075

Reaction score
So you would get the 2021 over the 2022?

Do you have another vehicle?

If it was me, and I have another vehicle, I would just wait.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I do have another vehicle but have some other timing constraints and would prefer it sooner than later....... the 22 is a bit of an unknown.. the start of production has already slid once. Also with a diesel and the EPA who knows if they are approved for sale yet on top of it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just received my VIN, and maybe been sooner if I'd asked. Ordered 6/18 vin today last six digits are 112499.. Don't have clue what the significance of the last six are but I know some of you are tracking. Is it just a sequential order placed number?
It's just morbid curiosity, to be honest. Yes, the VINs appear to be assigned in sequential order (with a few exceptions). As we start to see 2022 builds come out, we'll hopefully see a trend that will allow everyone to get a sense of when their trucks will be delivered.

I've updated the chart with your info (and revised the trendline).
1624972612037.png

And I've already got some assumptions made for future production. They're pretty loose, all-encompassing assumptions, but at least it's a start. It assumes builds in order of VIN (which won't be true).
1624972698365.png

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's just morbid curiosity, to be honest. Yes, the VINs appear to be assigned in sequential order (with a few exceptions). As we start to see 2022 builds come out, we'll hopefully see a trend that will allow everyone to get a sense of when their trucks will be delivered.

I've updated the chart with your info (and revised the trendline).
View attachment 98259

And I've already got some assumptions made for future production. They're pretty loose, all-encompassing assumptions, but at least it's a start. It assumes builds in order of VIN (which won't be true).
View attachment 98260
Of course I'm the odd ball here...haha.

So I wonder with the chip shortage, when it comes to building the truck, I would think that the more technology you have (more options) it would push back the build date.

As far as tech in the truck I ordered, it has the 8.4in nav and the sunroof/rambox.

I don't have heads up display, blind sensor monitor, led headlights, and things like that so I'm curious if my build would be behind someone that don't have a sunroof/rambox.

It would be harder to monitor that data depending on build specs.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of course I'm the odd ball here...haha.

So I wonder with the chip shortage, when it comes to building the truck, I would think that the more technology you have (more options) it would push back the build date.

As far as tech in the truck I ordered, it has the 8.4in nav and the sunroof/rambox.

I don't have heads up display, blind sensor monitor, led headlights, and things like that so I'm curious if my build would be behind someone that don't have a sunroof/rambox.

It would be harder to monitor that data depending on build specs.

I guess we'll all find out the answers to those questions. I'm "hoping" that they're gearing up for full production (without delays) as they clear out the 2021 orders. No real logic there, other than seeing them cut loose most of the 2021 orders (and short-change the Canucks, to keep chips on hand for us 2022'ers). Plus, the plant shutdown will gain them an extra week of inventory towards the builds.

monkeypunch

Reaction score

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy cow...those seats!!

On one side of me, I'm like " looks unbelievable comfortable, and very unique"

But on the other side of me would say "kids would tear that sh!t up, and it will never be clean".

That does give me the motivation to search for some kind of seat replacement covers. I'm getting the plain black cloth seats on my order because I'm not the biggest fan of leather. So I'm going to have to shop around. Since I'm getting another hydro blue, I'm going to want some blue seats

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! I think I’m actually glad I got the 2021. I was really worried if I would regret it when it comes in but hopefully my truck will be here this weekend and I’m not big on those pictures. Whew. Lol
We are not-black-interior people now, so we were probably getting the Indigo/Sea salt no matter what it looked like!! But, we do like the Sea Salt versus Frost of last year. Just wish they offered that lighter interior with the night edition exterior.....

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy cow...those seats!!

But on the other side of me would say "kids would tear that sh!t up, and it will never be clean".

That does give me the motivation to search for some kind of seat replacement covers. I'm getting the plain black cloth seats on my order because I'm not the biggest fan of leather. So I'm going to have to shop around. Since I'm getting another hydro blue, I'm going to want some blue seats

We are not-black-interior people now, so we were probably getting the Indigo/Sea salt no matter what it looked like!! But, we do like the Sea Salt versus Frost of last year. Just wish they offered that lighter interior with the night edition exterior.....
I preferred the frost, but I agree, I would have liked the lighter interior with the night exterior edition.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Holy cow...those seats!!

We have a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old. I'll keep you update on how it goes ;)

SeaSkag

Reaction score
When I visited my dealer this past weekend they had a used 2019 Rebel on the lot that caught my eye. NGL, knowing how long I'll likely be waiting for my order.... I was tempted. lol

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I visited my dealer this past weekend they had a used 2019 Rebel on the lot that caught my eye. NGL, knowing how long I'll likely be waiting for my order.... I was tempted. lol
Oh man. I would only pull the trigger if it had low miles and the options I want.

drm827

Reaction score
We have a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old. I'll keep you update on how it goes ;)
Haha, I have the exact same age kids. Joked with the wife after I showed her the pictures that kids won’t be allowed in it. Will be a chore to keep it clean, but well worth it.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Haha, I have the exact same age kids. Joked with the wife after I showed her the pictures that kids won’t be allowed in it. Will be a chore to keep it clean, but well worth it.
Four year old and 10 month month old here. Keep me updated on anything you figure out to help keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread