5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new UConnect made into the 2022's, or is it the same one as 21?
Everything I've read/seen has shown the new UConnect has made it to the 22's

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen/heard that UConnect 5 is going to be in the 2022s as well. But my POC doesn't SPECIFICALLY show UConnect 5 (it just lists the packages). So I'm a little concerned as to whether the early 2022 builds will actually have UConnect 5. Does anyone else's 2022 order confirmations specifically show this?

thenachobro

Reaction score
So can confirm as well that prices are out at dealerships. Went in this morning thanks to Gracieboy (Thank you very much BTW) and got the updated order sheet. The prices are very very similar with only a $800 difference in price. Now to wait and see what incentives come up when its delivered. I hope the 0% financing is available!
Yes, Prices are on my 2022 priced order confirmation

Last edited:

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
The article indicates that the '22's will come with UConnect 5 software, but as I understand it, this new version requires new hardware as well. Would be nice if it were software-only, but I don't think it is.
The question is, will people ordering new rams as my son is and with the chip shortage get the options he is looking for or will he too have to wait?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Tried to order a 22 Limited last Friday but it wouldn’t accept black as an interior color choice. Hoping RAM gets this sorted out so my order can be submitted otherwise have my eye on a Denali with the 6.2 that is in stock.
My brother purchased the Denali with the 6.2 he drove from Massachusetts to PA to get it, he loves it. They even gave him $ 4000 off for a first responder discount too.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The question is, will people ordering new rams as my son is and with the chip shortage get the options he is looking for or will he too have to wait?
It depends on the options and what RAM is using the chips for.

The dealerships will know what options are available at the time of ordering. Their computers are linked to production availability unlike ramtrucks.com that will let you build and price your dream truck no matter what parts shortages are happening.

When your son is ready he can go in to the dealership and have them punch his truck into the computer and see if it can be built as desired. If not he can either compromise or wait and try again later until everything is available.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
It depends on the options and what RAM is using the chips for.

The dealerships will know what options are available at the time of ordering. Their computers are linked to production availability unlike ramtrucks.com that will let you build and price your dream truck no matter what parts shortages are happening.

When your son is ready he can go in to the dealership and have them punch his truck into the computer and see if it can be built as desired. If not he can either compromise or wait and try again later until everything is available.
He will most likely wait, the kid has waited this long. he has already written a list of all the Mod's he is going to do. I told him make sure his GF gets a spot for all her crap in the back seat, his poor Dakota truck is full of her junk now.

profoundbc

Reaction score
Does anyone have any additional information on the G/T package beyond what's been published?

I just ordered a 2022 Ram Rebel at the dealership. Was planning to get the red/black luxe leather trimmed seats. However, when selecting the G/T package, it forces you to get a new seat selection - black leather/vinyl bucket seats. This sounds like a lower quality seat. Additionally, I'm flying blind because I don't really know what the G/T interior theme will look like. Really liked the red/black Rebel look.

What would you all do? I don't want to miss out on the G/T package, but also don't want to risk potentially not liking it. Thanks!

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have any additional information on the G/T package beyond what's been published?

I just ordered a 2022 Ram Rebel at the dealership. Was planning to get the red/black luxe leather trimmed seats. However, when selecting the G/T package, it forces you to get a new seat selection - black leather/vinyl bucket seats. This sounds like a lower quality seat. Additionally, I'm flying blind because I don't really know what the G/T interior theme will look like. Really liked the red/black Rebel look.

What would you all do? I don't want to miss out on the G/T package, but also don't want to risk potentially not liking it. Thanks!
Lol, wait until the packages are made public

profoundbc

Reaction score
Lol, wait until the packages are made public

Appreciate the thoughtful reply - let me know what I owe you. dealer gave me an amazing trade offer on my existing vehicle, which I released to them right away as the market may shift soon. I have other vehicles to drive but need to get a truck back in the stable and it looks like it will be at least 90 days to deliver from order date. So, I need to finalize my order early next week

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the thoughtful reply - let me know what I owe you. dealer gave me an amazing trade offer on my existing vehicle, which I released to them right away as the market may shift soon. I have other vehicles to drive but need to get a truck back in the stable and it looks like it will be at least 90 days to deliver from order date. So, I need to finalize my order early next week
Just send me a like ;) :p
If you ordered I’ve heard of some dealers locking in the trade value but since you’ve already crossed that bridge…
And yeah close to 3 months from order to delivery depending on your trim and features

profoundbc

Reaction score
Anyone else have an opinion? Roll the dice and go with the GT package or stick with the tried and true red/black Rebel interior?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else have an opinion? Roll the dice and go with the GT package or stick with the tried and true red/black Rebel interior?
It depends on if you like what the GT package comes with. The only thing you’d be sacrificing is the red/black interior? You could reupholster

Teddy

Reaction score
I just inquired about ordering a 2021 1500 Laramie and was told they can only order 2022s now, and don't know pricing. I don't know whether to be excited by a new model year order, or sad about the potential wait.
How were you able to order the 10th Anniversary Edition? I Tried to order it on my 22 Limited Longhorn and it’s not available as an option. My sales rep even called the Regional Rep and was told that it was only for the 21s.

Teddy

Reaction score
What am I missing? Is there a better forum link to current info on 2022 Ram 1500 ordering, production status, etc.? Last post on this thread seems to be early May. I can't be the only one waiting for 2022 ordering info. Help!
Ordered a 2022 Limited Longhorn on 6/25/2022 - I ordered in NW Texas. 4x4 Eco-Diesel with the 3.92… They’ll have pricing and all of the information you need at the time of order. There are a few minor differences -10th anniversary edition isn’t available that was only for 21s. I don’t have any additional info in terms of status because I just ordered on Friday and today is Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread