5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

JVS0302

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am brand new here so forgive me if this is already known. What is the chance that RAM will offer a bigger powertrain, ie the 6.4L, in a 2022 1500? If there is no chance then I am scooping up a dealer lot Limited with the 5.7L

Thanks

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am brand new here so forgive me if this is already known. What is the chance that RAM will offer a bigger powertrain, ie the 6.4L, in a 2022 1500? If there is no chance then I am scooping up a dealer lot Limited with the 5.7L

Thanks
Almost 0%. Go get that Limited before it is gone and all incentives go away in a week.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless they updated and changed it, the incentives on the ram trucks site lasted through the month.
I think the lease incentives are until end of month. Purchase only through 17th, and it has been reported NO incentives after that due to low inventory.

LaramieHopeful

Reaction score
Really hoping they open up some options for the 22 orders, I want the Night Package along with 6 pass seating!

This is exactly my situation. A fully loaded Laramie with the Night Edition and 6 seats is my dream car and the one that I am ready to buy. If not I guess I'd be happy settling for the Southwest Edition, but I really want the Night Edition. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnyb001

Reaction score

Thanks
I’m no insider or anything like that, but I don’t see that happening, at least not at model year intro, people have been wanting this for years and nothing has happened yet (excluding the TRX) IMO they need something to compete with the Ford 3.5TT and the GM 6.2 in the half ton class, preferably not in its own exclusive package or just limited to the top of the line package. I’ll tell you this, if the 6.4 was an option I could get in the Laramie along with 6 pass seating, and the up charge was say $1500-2000 I’d have it as soon as I could order it.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll tell you this, if the 6.4 was an option I could get in the Laramie along with 6 pass seating, and the up charge was say $1500-2000 I’d have it as soon as I could order it.

The 5.7 will set you back $2,295

6.4 would be a hefty price increase

JVS0302

Reaction score
Thanks guys, unfortunately this is what I assumed as well. I just don't understand why they don't offer the 6.4L in the 1500, seems like a no brainer. I was considering a 2022 Sierra AT4 just for the engine, but now that the refresh is being pushed back until next year and I would have to settle for the crappy current interiors I just don't see that happening.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys, unfortunately this is what I assumed as well. I just don't understand why they don't offer the 6.4L in the 1500, seems like a no brainer. I was considering a 2022 Sierra AT4 just for the engine, but now that the refresh is being pushed back until next year and I would have to settle for the crappy current interiors I just don't see that happening.

The problem is FCA didn’t produce a new V8 during its tenure.

Putting the 6.4L in the 1500 would overlap their offering with 2500

GM (6.6L) and Ford (6.2L/7.3L) don’t overlap their 1/2 and 3/4 ton engines.

If FCA actually went through with the long rumored 7.0L, then that could become the heavy duty engine allowing the 6.4L to drop to the light duty line up

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Anyone order a 2022 Limited yet? I am going back and forth between the idea of a Laramie and Limited, but hate all the chrome on the Limited. Talked to a dealer, and in the Limited build sheet, they don't have an option for a Body Color bumper yet, and you have to pick either a Laramie Level A or Laramie Level B package. I thought it was weird you would be adding a Laramie package to a Limited, and the Laramie Level A package includes a bunch of stuff which is standard on this year's Limited (Tailgate Ajar, Park Sense, Heated Second Row Seats, ETC). Anyone have any other info? I am trying to get something on the books ASAP, and as long as the price is close to this year's, I'm good. But, something feels off about this, and don't want to get to a place I don't want to be in.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Anyone order a 2022 Limited yet? I am going back and forth between the idea of a Laramie and Limited, but hate all the chrome on the Limited. Talked to a dealer, and in the Limited build sheet, they don't have an option for a Body Color bumper yet, and you have to pick either a Laramie Level A or Laramie Level B package. I thought it was weird you would be adding a Laramie package to a Limited, and the Laramie Level A package includes a bunch of stuff which is standard on this year's Limited (Tailgate Ajar, Park Sense, Heated Second Row Seats, ETC). Anyone have any other info? I am trying to get something on the books ASAP, and as long as the price is close to this year's, I'm good. But, something feels off about this, and don't want to get to a place I don't want to be in.
I hate all the chrome too, which is why I ended up getting a limited with night edition. My preference would have been a Laramie Southwest, but when they removed advanced safety and Blindspot monitoring I had to open up my wallet.

I basically paid about four grand to get rid of chrome!

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I hate all the chrome too, which is why I ended up getting a limited with night edition. My preference would have been a Laramie Southwest, but when they removed advanced safety and Blindspot monitoring I had to open up my wallet.

I don't blame you. I haaaaaate they don't offer the night edition or sport edition with the not black interior. My wife HATES black interior. If we go Limited we have to have the Indigo. Laramie, the mountain tan biege.

rbundy84

Reaction score

We think a lot alike but the $4k difference caused me to wait until things normalize....however I’m starting to regret that decision as I have no idea when that will be...

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
We think a lot alike but the $4k difference caused me to wait until things normalize....however I’m starting to regret that decision as I have no idea when that will be...
If I recall correctly the four grand includes a few things beyond chrome elimination, but not much. I don’t care for the 22 inch wheels, I hate to have low profile tires on a truck. My current truck is a 2001, and I do not intend to buy another truck for another 20 years. Buy once cry once I guess. If I didn’t feel like I needed it right now, I certainly would’ve waited for a Southwest Laramie. A ton of value in that package, and I like the body colored grill as good as or better than black.

rbundy84

Reaction score
If I recall correctly the four grand includes a few things beyond chrome elimination, but not much. I don’t care for the 22 inch wheels, I hate to have low profile tires on a truck. My current truck is a 2001, and I do not intend to buy another truck for another 20 years. Buy once cry once I guess. If I didn’t feel like I needed it right now, I certainly would’ve waited for a Southwest Laramie. A ton of value in that package, and I like the body colored grill as good as or better than black.
Agreed - I had a Laramie SW edition build ready to go but then the chip shortage hit, and I wanted the ASG, so if I wanted it I would’ve had to go up to what you did and go Limited. I am not a fan of the chrome bumpers at all

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Agreed - I had a Laramie SW edition build ready to go but then the chip shortage hit, and I wanted the ASG, so if I wanted it I would’ve had to go up to what you did and go Limited. I am not a fan of the chrome bumpers at all
You can get body colored bumpers on the Limited for ~$200, but you still have the mirrors and window trim I believe. Possibly door moldings as well.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can get body colored bumpers on the Limited for ~$200, but you still have the mirrors and window trim I believe. Possibly door moldings as well.
Body colored bumper option on the Limited gets you just that...body colored bumpers. Everything else that is chrome without the body colored bumper option is still chrome (grille, trim, badges, mirror caps, tow hooks, etc...).

Which is why I opted for the night edition. It's so much more than just body colored bumpers...
  • Black "RAM" Grille Badge
  • 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
  • 22-Inch x 9.0-Inch Black Aluminum Wheels
  • 285/45R22XL BSW All-Season Tires
  • Accent-Color Premium Power Mirrors
  • Black Day Light Opening Moldings
  • Black Exterior-Badging
  • Black Headlamp-Bezels
  • Black Painted Exterior Mirror Caps
  • Body-Color Door Handles
  • Body-Color Front Bumper
  • Body-Color Rear Bumper with Step-Pads
  • Dual-Exhaust with Black Tips
  • Chrome Grille Surround
  • Sport Performance Hood
  • Tow Hooks
  • Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Just gonna vinyl wrap the chrome ... I want the light interior on the Limited as well. I also didn’t care for just how black the grille was on the Night Package.

Users who are viewing this thread