5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Body colored bumper option on the Limited gets you just that...body colored bumpers. Everything else that is chrome without the body colored bumper option is still chrome (grille, trim, badges, mirror caps, tow hooks, etc...).

Which is why I opted for the night edition. It's so much more than just body colored bumpers...
  • Black "RAM" Grille Badge
  • 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
  • 22-Inch x 9.0-Inch Black Aluminum Wheels
  • 285/45R22XL BSW All-Season Tires
  • Accent-Color Premium Power Mirrors
  • Black Day Light Opening Moldings
  • Black Exterior-Badging
  • Black Headlamp-Bezels
  • Black Painted Exterior Mirror Caps
  • Body-Color Door Handles
  • Body-Color Front Bumper
  • Body-Color Rear Bumper with Step-Pads
  • Dual-Exhaust with Black Tips
  • Chrome Grille Surround
  • Sport Performance Hood
  • Tow Hooks
  • Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
well, I feel a little better I suppose. I won’t keep a soft cover, but has some value. HK would have likely been obtained via Limited Equip group, but you can get ASG instead and save $600. if you value the 22s they have value, personally I’d prefer a more “protective“ tire. Most everything else is just coloring things black or body color IMO, but either way I dropped the 4K because chrome isn’t king anymore!

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am brand new here so forgive me if this is already known. What is the chance that RAM will offer a bigger powertrain, ie the 6.4L, in a 2022 1500? If there is no chance then I am scooping up a dealer lot Limited with the 5.7L

Thanks
What am I missing? Is there a better forum link to current info on 2022 Ram 1500 ordering, production status, etc.? Last post on this thread seems to be early May. I can't be the only one waiting for 2022 ordering info. Help!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just gonna vinyl wrap the chrome ... I want the light interior on the Limited as well. I also didn’t care for just how black the grille was on the Night Package.
You might want to visit your local dealership instead of looking for reliable information about 2022 ordering options here. Not saying that no one here knows anything about that, but often people reply who are just giving their opinions or speculation.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I've been trying to order one and have pricing from 2 dealerships. I think I have pretty good info, atleast for what I'm shopping for. What I really am not sure on is what the Indigo/Salt interior on the Limited 10th Anniversary Edition looks like, or why you have to order both the Limited Level 1 package AND 10th Anniversary Package to get not black interior. What info are you looking for?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW I just ordered a 2022 Limited last Friday 6/18. Local dealers didn't have a clue about pricing or options/packages. Ordered from Aaron at Mark Dodge Lake Charles LA. Looking forward to a road trip in four/five months!

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW I just ordered a 2022 Limited last Friday 6/18. Local dealers didn't have a clue about pricing or options/packages. Ordered from Aaron at Mark Dodge Lake Charles LA. Looking forward to a road trip in four/five months!
Haha don’t know what you ordered or how much it’s gonna cost but you’ll get it!

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, but will be a while. hopefully I can hold on to my sanity, whats little left, until it gets here. What ordered is in sig and got a smoking deal compared to local dealers!
Yeah I’m so over the wait at this point.

cappnmorgan

Reaction score
Anyone having any luck with local dealerships with ordering or getting a competitive price? Most of mine in the Seattle area are dodging my emails.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No pricing yet, my father was inquiring into a 2021 Longhorn or Limited with a specific set of options with his local dealer, back when they were running their 0% interest deal a month or so ago. They couldn't find one that met his specs (no surprise given the limited inventories), so he gave up for now. Then his local dealer ordered a 2022 for their lot last week, and they ordered it in the exact specs my dad wants, supposedly. They really want to sell him that 2022 when it hits their lot, and get his 2015 in trade, as it has less than 50k on the clock.

My father is serious, but only if the deal is right. As I am fed more info, if I don't see it already mentioned here, I will post it. They supposedly have a VIN number already, which he did not ask for yet. I told him to send it my way when he gets a chance, as I find it a bit hard to believe.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No pricing yet, my father was inquiring into a 2021 Longhorn or Limited with a specific set of options with his local dealer, back when they were running their 0% interest deal a month or so ago. They couldn't find one that met his specs (no surprise given the limited inventories), so he gave up for now. Then his local dealer ordered a 2022 for their lot last week, and they ordered it in the exact specs my dad wants, supposedly. They really want to sell him that 2022 when it hits their lot, and get his 2015 in trade, as it has less than 50k on the clock.

My father is serious, but only if the deal is right. As I am fed more info, if I don't see it already mentioned here, I will post it. They supposedly have a VIN number already, which he did not ask for yet. I told him to send it my way when he gets a chance, as I find it a bit hard to believe.
What specs is he looking for?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What specs is he looking for?

They built it out on the website, and used those specs when talking to the dealer. I don't have every single bit in front of me at the moment, but in a nutshell, Limited or Longhorn, crew cab 6.4' bed, black color (but not the blackout package, he likes a bit of chrome), Hemi minus the etorque, 3.92 gears, technology package, and most of the other packages/options he tells me. His 2015 is a Laramie, which he thought at the time was the top trim level because he hadn't consulted me before buying it, and he said he wants it all this time. He was used to the old Dodge days, back when Laramie was top.

If the dealer is telling at least part of the truth, I guess it makes sense. If my father doesn't buy it, someone else definitely will. The longer beds are harder to find.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

VINs are being issued already, seems to be happening within a couple of days. A few TRX guys got their '22 VINs already as well

Gracieboy

Reaction score
VIN's are being given out for 22's already and pricing is available. I was forced to order a 2022 and for all the same options it was just under 1k more than a 2021.

BNeal

Reaction score
VIN's are being given out for 22's already and pricing is available. I was forced to order a 2022 and for all the same options it was just under 1k more than a 2021.
Ram.com build site is still only showing '21's. Are you getting that info from your dealer?

thenachobro

Reaction score
Ram.com build site is still only showing '21's. Are you getting that info from your dealer?
I am curious too! I would head straight over to the dealership tomorrow to get the info myself!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am curious too! I would head straight over to the dealership tomorrow to get the info myself!

It's dealers only currently, like I said, build and price on the website for '22's is expected July/August.

Users who are viewing this thread