5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Limited HUD in 2020 Ram Limited

Grouper

Reaction score
same, i never understood the big thing behind HUD. The info it shows can be easily seen in plenty of other places. I opted not to get it on my ordered 2021

In nearly every vehicle I drive, the steering wheel blocks my view of the instrument cluster with the seat comfortably adjusted.

Now you understand.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In nearly every vehicle I drive, the steering wheel blocks my view of the instrument cluster with the seat comfortably adjusted.

Now you understand.
Interesting, my steering wheel adjusts up and down, and even in and out!

Grouper

Reaction score
Interesting, my steering wheel adjusts up and down, and even in and out!
Do you think what I wrote implies that I've adjusted my seat to a comfortable position while leaving the steering wheel position static? Sorry if I didn't completely spell out the obvious for you.

We get it, you have no need for a HUD. I have no need to replace a two year old truck. To each their own.

Last edited:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think what I wrote implies that I've adjusted my seat to a comfortable position while leaving the steering wheel position static? Sorry if I didn't completely spell out the obvious for you.

We get you, you have no need for a HUD. I have no need to replace a two year old truck. To each their own.
That was a good edit. I can tell you're going to add a lot to this forum. Enjoy that HUD :LOL:

BNeal

Reaction score
I hear ya, but I have to say, the mirror is damn cool and I find it very useful.
I do love the HUD, but I also agree the mirror rocks. The other day I was hauling stuff and had to stand the BakFlip up, which totally blocks the rear window, but the mirror made it seem like there was nothing interfering with my rear view.

I get it, this stuff is not for everyone, but I have found all of the new features very useful.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every year there are new updates and features that are fun, useful, or both.

I was forced into the vehicle market early last year as my truck got totaled (not my fault) so I had no choice but to buy a 2019. While I'd love the digital mirror, power tow mirrors, etc., it's not worth taking the loss on my '19 to get those features.

Even though my 2019 is now 'old and outdated' it is light years ahead the 2003 Ford I had before this (the only digital things on that truck were the radio display and odometer).

Since I would still have my dinosaur if it hadn't been crunched I appreciate the tech that I do have as I never planned to be in the market for another vehicle for many years to come, but that doesn't I mean I can't live vicariously through everyone else on the forum. ;)

Had I been shopping for awhile I would have agonized over "is this the year I buy" not knowing what was coming in the future. My dad did that for 3 years before he finally pulled the trigger to buy his 3500. At some point you just have to draw the line and appreciate what you are getting.

For all I know in 10 years I could be in a new truck with uConnect 12, back massaging chairs, and a built-in espresso bar. :)

frostymug

Reaction score

I was forced into the vehicle market early last year as my truck got totaled (not my fault) so I had no choice but to buy a 2019. While I'd love the digital mirror, power tow mirrors, etc., it's not worth taking the loss on my '19 to get those features.

Even though my 2019 is now 'old and outdated' it is light years ahead the 2003 Ford I had before this (the only digital things on that truck were the radio display and odometer).

Since I would still have my dinosaur if it hadn't been crunched I appreciate the tech that I do have as I never planned to be in the market for another vehicle for many years to come, but that doesn't I mean I can't live vicariously through everyone else on the forum. ;)

Had I been shopping for awhile I would have agonized over "is this the year I buy" not knowing what was coming in the future. My dad did that for 3 years before he finally pulled the trigger to buy his 3500. At some point you just have to draw the line and appreciate what you are getting.

For all I know in 10 years I could be in a new truck with uConnect 12, back massaging chairs, and a built-in espresso bar. :)

You have a badass truck! It’s better than 9/10 trucks on the road. There’s always something with new tricks up it’s sleeves, but you have a quality machine that will last you for many years. Be good to it and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score

Thats called an audi a8l. Minus an espresso bar. Minus uconnect 12. Plus $60k.

Cant even remember if the new audi has massing seats anymore.

haazdaboss

Reaction score
There are aftermarket camera mirrors that u csn install for cheap on amazon. I just ordered one tk see how it works, would obviously still look into a comolete upgrade if it becomes available in my 2020 longhorn.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

JACKO

Reaction score
I have a 2021, with that said i really wanted the HUD but its not worth the hassle IMO.

Grouper

Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday. At 6'1", I adjust my seat pretty much as low as it will go. With the seat adjusted to a comfortable position, the HUD display was just a little too high. I had to dip my head to have full view of the information. The salesperson who was going over the features of the truck said the HUD height is not adjustable and I wasn't the first customer to comment about the less than ideal position of the projection.

After driving home nearly 900 miles, I had another look at the info in this thread and realized that there must be a display height setting, despite what the salesperson said.

See YouTube video below. I now have the projection adjusted lower and it's perfect! Despite the imperfect height adjustment last night, the 900 mile drive was great with the HUD. Also, the digital rear view mirror (which the sales person said I'd end up switching off after the first mile) is absolutely fantastic! The image displayed at night isn't as great as the day time image, but I'm already sold on the feature and I'm 100% glad I chose the Technology Package.

EDIT: From the owner's manual: NOTE: The Digital Rearview Mirror is not as effective during night time driving in low light applications.

Last edited:

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday. At 6'1", I adjust my seat pretty much as low as it will go. With the seat adjusted to a comfortable position, the HUD display was just a little too high. I had to dip my head to have full view of the information. The salesperson who was going over the features of the truck said the HUD height is not adjustable and I wasn't the first customer to comment about the less than ideal position of the projection.

After driving home nearly 900 miles, I had another look at the info in this thread and realized that there must be a display height setting, despite what the salesperson said.

See YouTube video below. I now have the projection adjusted lower and it's perfect! Despite the imperfect height adjustment last night, the 900 mile drive was great with the HUD. Also, the digital rear view mirror (which the sales person said I'd end up switching off after the first mile) is absolutely fantastic! The image displayed at night isn't as great as the day time image, but I'm already sold on the feature and I'm 100% glad I chose the Technology Package.

I just wish the seats went lower to the floor like the fords do and I’m only 5’8”

Grouper

Reaction score
I just wish the seats went lower to the floor like the fords do and I’m only 5’8”

I'm pretty comfortable where I have it adjusted but I agree, if it would go even lower, I'd probably adjuster lower.

One thing I'm still trying to figure out, despite being tall, I like to sit fairly close to the wheel. When I have the seat as close as I like, my right knee is in an uncomfortable position against the little dash jut-out where the transmission selector is. If I move the seat back, so my knee doesn't hit the dash, I feel I'm further away from the wheel than I'd like, even with the column telescoped all the way out.

Still figuring it out.

Arth

Reaction score
I'm pretty comfortable where I have it adjusted but I agree, if it would go even lower, I'd probably adjuster lower.

One thing I'm still trying to figure out, despite being tall, I like to sit fairly close to the wheel. When I have the seat as close as I like, my right knee is in an uncomfortable position against the little dash jut-out where the transmission selector is. If I move the seat back, so my knee doesn't hit the dash, I feel I'm further away from the wheel than I'd like, even with the column telescoped all the way out.

Still figuring it out.

Yeah I thought I wouldn't leave the mirror in camera mode but one day I just flipped it up and haven't switched it back. I really enjoy the camera view especially at night because I have 5% window tint on my back window.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Yeah I thought I wouldn't leave the mirror in camera mode but one day I just flipped it up and haven't switched it back. I really enjoy the camera view especially at night because I have 5% window tint on my back window.
I wonder if it’d look better from CHMSL camera than from tail gate

frostymug

Reaction score

Sounds like an idiot salesperson you had. There’s no such thing as a HUD that isn’t adjustable. This guy not only doesn’t know his own product, but doesn’t know cars in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I LOVE my HUD...had a few in other vehicles I've owned and really liked them. When I found out the 2021 had it in the Tech Package, it was a no-brainer for me and money well spent to get the digital rear view mirror too!

Users who are viewing this thread