5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Limited HUD in 2020 Ram Limited

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
interesting... not sure why people like HUD so much?! My wife's Lexus has one and I don't really find it useful.

One guy on Lexus forum installed himself, he had to cut dashboard, install HUD screen, apply window sticker for HUD reflection. Lexus wiring comes in default the same for all trim levels, so no need special wiring.
Agree, I have it in my car and never use it and the Ram HUD looks kinda limited on information relative to my car which I can see engine vitals
I'd be more interested in the rearview mirror and CHMSL
I agree that for me a HUD wouldn't be very useful most of the time. I mean, who needs navigation on their daily commute? But I've used them when traveling in unfamiliar areas, using nav, and I liked that it displayed everything I needed to get to each place I wanted to go. Even told me the posted speed limit, which was handy if I didn't notice when it changed. It's pretty convenient to have all of that displayed right in my line of sight so I didn't have to take my eyes off the road when using nav. None of those were in a FCA vehicle though, and I'm not sure exactly what can be displayed on this particular system.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA would have made a big deal if UC5 was going to be in the 21. Likely come with the MCA for '22 if they follow thier typical 3 MY refresh schedule.

BNeal

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2021 Limited with HUD. Cant wait to get it.
I have it in my '21 and I love it! The only caveat that have found is, if you're more than about 6'1" tall, you may have a hard time seeing it. I have mine moved to the highest setting and it's a little cut off at the top. I'm 6'1".

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have it in my '21 and I love it! The only caveat that have found is, if you're more than about 6'1" tall, you may have a hard time seeing it. I have mine moved to the highest setting and it's a little cut off at the top. I'm 6'1".
You're supposed to tell us that it sucks and isn't worth the money so that we don't feel bad for not waiting until 21!

Grouper

Reaction score
I'm 6'1" and have a Laramie with the HUD on order. I'll be pissed if it's not functional due to ergonomics.

I assume you've adjusted your seat height?

BNeal

Reaction score
I'm 6'1" and have a Laramie with the HUD on order. I'll be pissed if it's not functional due to ergonomics.

I assume you've adjusted your seat height?
I have, and that solves the problem, but I feel like I'm too low with my long legs.

BNeal

Reaction score
I should mention that I do have a long torso, so I'm sure that factors into the height thing.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this sounds odd, but is the 2021 interior wise still the same size as a 2019 ?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA would have made a big deal if UC5 was going to be in the 21. Likely come with the MCA for '22 if they follow thier typical 3 MY refresh schedule.
There was talk of uConnect 5 in the 2021 trucks but that didn't make it. 2021 trucks still have uConnect 4 but with more stuff.

I know this sounds odd, but is the 2021 interior wise still the same size as a 2019 ?
The 2021 trucks are physically the same. Just some tech upgrades to entice new buyers and us to trade in. ;)

ssgtprice5

Reaction score
I am going to be pissed if mine doesnt have the uc5 for those waiting I order aug 6 it is in paint now well since last week
2021 longhorn diesel

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I take it there’s no way that you can confirm your 2021 will have that UC5 then ?

Users who are viewing this thread