5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Limited HUD in 2020 Ram Limited

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Digital Rearview would be a cool toy. Don't see how much useful data you really need, that you couldn't get by glancing down.

Now - on my '05 Vette @ 100+MPH - yeah - HU was a useful tool...

My $.02

Rick

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
I am going to be pissed if mine doesnt have the uc5 for those waiting I order aug 6 it is in paint now well since last week
2021 longhorn diesel
Let us know please!

This is what Ram support emailed to me:

“ Uconnect 5 will now launch first in the 2021 Dodge Durango this fall and the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica will follow. The Jeep Grand Wagoneer and Wagoneer will also have the Uconnect 5 (release timing not available yet). Additional vehicle model release information will be added as it is announced.”

ssgtprice5

Reaction score
I did call Uconnect and he said there’s a chance it might but he can’t pull it up since it hasn’t finish the build. He did tell me the last 8of vin was pulling up a Plymouth Sundance I call the sales mgr and he pulled it up and said yes it does but the begin of the vin is different mine isn’t in the system yet with a build sheet

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I did call Uconnect and he said there’s a chance it might but he can’t pull it up since it hasn’t finish the build. He did tell me the last 8of vin was pulling up a Plymouth Sundance I call the sales mgr and he pulled it up and said yes it does but the begin of the vin is different mine isn’t in the system yet with a build sheet
Yeah, They started using old VIN's in 21' models.
I called and checked on a 2021 1500 part and the last 8 was from a 1995 Cherokee :oops: Only the full VIN gave us the full info on the 2021 vehicle.
I guess that's going to be a problem but we'll see...

BNeal

Reaction score
I am going to be pissed if mine doesnt have the uc5 for those waiting I order aug 6 it is in paint now well since last week
2021 longhorn diesel
Sorry bro, but no UC5 for '21's. I have a 21 Limited and its the same as the 20's. UC5 is new hardware and different OS, so no way to even upgrade. Yea, I was very disappointed as well.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call the dealer told him if it doesn’t he will be paying to upgraded it later.
Unless you have it in writing that is going to be tough.

Many thought they were getting power folding tow mirrors for 2019 because their last RAM had them but didn't read the fine print.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you have it in writing that is going to be tough.
It doesn't matter if it's written or not. They can't, physically, change this infotainment system.

Many thought they were getting power folding tow mirrors for 2019 because their last RAM had them but didn't read the fine print.
And "Keyless go" is not passive entry anymore...

Grouper

Reaction score
2021 longhorn diesel
If your truck has UC5, you'll be the first Ram owner in North America to have it.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UC5 wont be in the Ram's until 2022 at the earliest. You may or may not be able to swap the hardware but considering the UC5 is a horizontal 10.1" screen if that bezel doesnt line up you wont be easily adding it. Hate to burst your bubble, plus no dealer is going to agree to pay for an infotainment system swap for something that as of yet hasnt even been anounced for the DT. Dealer is going to be sure you can trade up to a 22 or whatever MY they decide to update to UC5.

ssgtprice5

Reaction score

ssgtprice5

Reaction score
I know the owner of the dealership he actually Sponsors my son in taekwondo the mgr is a good friend he’ll the have been giving me brand new loaners to drive since august just take them back when I get close to 2000 miles on them it will be in the 12” screen that has been verified I did find out that they stopped the build for a parts update just not sure which part

BNeal

Reaction score
I know the owner of the dealership he actually Sponsors my son in taekwondo the mgr is a good friend he’ll the have been giving me brand new loaners to drive since august just take them back when I get close to 2000 miles on them it will be in the 12” screen that has been verified I did find out that they stopped the build for a parts update just not sure which part
Huh? o_O

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While I highly doubt the 2019/2020/2021 Rams 12" screens will get the UC5 update, I bet they will have a 12" (or rough equivalent) UC5 in 2022 or so. I cannot see them dropping the Ram down to 10", leaving the earlier 2019-2021s with a larger screen (even if the software is better). Also, Ford and GM now have similar sized screens (or are coming out with them shortly). To go smaller, from a marketing standpoint, doesn't make much sense.

The 10" does make sense in the Jeep, Pacifica, etc., because they never had the 12" screen. They had the 8.4" prior. FCA may have made a bit of a design/engineering boo-boo, putting a "unicorn" screen into the Ram that none of their other cars will get. Also makes sense as to why it may be the last to be updated.

Regardless, despite its SiriusXM shortcomings compared to the 8.4 radio, I do really like my 12" screen.

frostymug

Reaction score
I have it in my '21 and I love it! The only caveat that have found is, if you're more than about 6'1" tall, you may have a hard time seeing it. I have mine moved to the highest setting and it's a little cut off at the top. I'm 6'1".
I’m 6’5” and it works fine. Not sure if you realized, but the taller you are, the lower you want to set the HUD display, not higher. Shorter people will set it higher.

I love mine! Except on super bright days when you see so much reflection of the HUD housing on the windshield.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those of you with the HUD, is it affected by wearing polarized sunglasses? I've heard the polarization can make the HUD display too dim to see.

frostymug

Reaction score
For those of you with the HUD, is it affected by wearing polarized sunglasses? I've heard the polarization can make the HUD display too dim to see.
Yes, but that happens with all HUD displays--not just Ram.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
interesting... not sure why people like HUD so much?! My wife's Lexus has one and I don't really find it useful.

One guy on Lexus forum installed himself, he had to cut dashboard, install HUD screen, apply window sticker for HUD reflection. Lexus wiring comes in default the same for all trim levels, so no need special wiring.
same, i never understood the big thing behind HUD. The info it shows can be easily seen in plenty of other places. I opted not to get it on my ordered 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread